14th Place Worlds Warstory-An Indian's Journey from Nothing to Something

Status
Not open for further replies.
That crit made me smile. A bunch of us called it on IRC, too... you could just feel it in the air. Instant meme.

Thanks for the entertainment, and congrats on doing as well as you did - thousands of players would have loved to have finished where you did. Great place to be!

Expert Evan-thank you sir! :)

7014gree-haha no problem! It was an honor to use your Giratina. It gave me a lot of popularity when I critted a 70% Giratina with Shadow Sneak. xD KO FTWWWWW! :D

Synre-haha. What was everyone saying before the crit happened? I honestly have no idea what was happening and I looked away from the screen, turning back only to see his Giratina faint. :D

I wasn't watching the stream's chat too closely because I got sick of like the 40th person asking which one Milan was, even though it was completely obvious since one side of the game was in Spanish, but #smogon and what I could acquiesce from the stream were both a lot of FUCK HES GANNA LOSE mixed in with the usual CRIT CRIT COME ON CRIT shit. I swear, we're terrible fans, "PLEASE LUCK LETS GO LUCK"!! I know I popped in with a "crit shadow sneak inc" and a few other people did as well... funny it happened. I was actually a little worried it didn't kill since with the lag on the death animation and the stream being a little shaky it was hard to be sure for a moment. TENSION WAS THICK

Both chats went nuts when it happened... it was a fun moment. I imagine everyone in both chats was pretty bummed they were watching from home instead of the floor, so it was nice to have things to cheer for over the weekend. I'd actually been planning on saying the same thing Human did before I noticed he beat me to it - definitely the second most memorable moment of the weekend for those of us watching from home.

Synre-dang!!!!! That's a lot of commotion. My friend told me a Worlds reporter talked about my game-winning crit on Radio Disney. Lol xD Glad to give entertainment, nonetheless. :)

SixFortyFive-haha thanks man' :D

The Japanese National winner must have lots of luck on his hands or must have a brilliant strategy. Can someone explain how a Sheer Cold Suicune can win a whole tournament? 0.0

But nice warstory :) Glad you had fun.

Great warstory! Thanks for teaching me how to cheat the side-event system for free stuff.
It was great meeting you, too bad neither of us qualified at 4-2 :(.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Milan it was great to finally meet the guy who was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to be competing in worlds for his first time, i hope you had a great time and thanks for the warm up battles. next year at nationals bro, until then

CRITICOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ThePokePwner-haha yea, but thanks! :D

FMasamune-it was a blast meeting you/hangin' out! Cheating the League line was SO much fun dude! :P lol I think I WILL be doing BOTH TCG AND VGC next year, so I plan to meet you at Nationals.

Ninahaza-yeah bro! I was super psyched, but it was my 3rd Worlds. lol ^__^ The third time at Worlds and BY FAR the BEST one yet! I think I'll be doing both TCG and VGC this year, but who knows? I can't wait to meet you and the smogon gang again at Nats!

Here's the Worlds status on how I got in the past 3 years, btw:

2008=8-0 in TCG LCQ as 1st place
2009=7-1 in TCG LCQ as 4th place

And yeah.... CRITICO! ^___^ Thats my new username! Like it?

Lol Nah, I'm not talented. YOU are talented. LCQ+badass warstory=TALENT ^__^

Haha yay! I'm gonna show up to VGC tournies wearing a Giratina cap. :D lolz

Hey, hax karma. He gets a crit, then Milan gets a crit. Its just hax karma. WAIT. Is that the kyogre I ev'd? It has the same evs and everything.

Hey, hax karma. He gets a crit, then Milan gets a crit. Its just hax karma. WAIT. Is that the kyogre I ev'd? It has the same evs and everything.
I ev'd that Kyogre. I ev'd 5/6 of Milan's team to be more specific, everything other than MattjFTW which as you can guess Mattj ev'd. Also I called it as hax karma making up for the crit which happened early on in the game during the live stream.

Congrats on 14th!

Man, 4 Sheer Cold's in a row? That's... a 1/123.45679012345679012345679012346 chance. What a weird number! Look, the 123456790 repeats! But, yeah.

And, he did it in another match, too? 8 Sheer Colds in a row is worse odds than 1/15,000.

Congrats on 14th!

Man, 4 Sheer Cold's in a row? That's... a 1/123.45679012345679012345679012346 chance. What a weird number! Look, the 123456790 repeats! But, yeah.

And, he did it in another match, too? 8 Sheer Colds in a row is worse odds than 1/15,000.
Both love and hate how you're right about the 1/123.45678901234567890123456 chance. Number is awesome, chances of happening SUCK.

Both love and hate how you're right about the 1/123.45678901234567890123456 chance. Number is awesome, chances of happening SUCK.
Yeah seriously how lucky can you get? And he's the National champ of Japan and he used that same strategy there :P

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah seriously how lucky can you get? And he's the National champ of Japan and he used that same strategy there :P
And according to him, he didn't sandbag the finals - in other words, he used it throughout all or most of his matches. He kept track of the hits and said he was getting about 60% accuracy off of Sheer Cold.

I don't remember where this information came from, though. I want to say Chris Halordain Tsai talked to him, but I'm not sure.

Wow, that's a very powerful/haxy team he has. Well of course it's Pokemon, so yeah. :P

Anyway congrats on 14th place! My sig is off to you in your well known achieving moment. :D

Why everybody is obsessed with the "GOLPE CRITICOOO"??!! T_T That battle was mine T_T You're cruel men ¬¬ haxer!! hum stupid shadow sneak D:

PD: Now you know that Spanish people rules!! Isn't It Ninahaza?? xDDD
PD2: Keeeeeeeeeeefkaaaaaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)