1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

2012 music

Discussion in 'Congregation of the Masses' started by Zoro, Dec 31, 2011.

1. pookar

pookar Banned deucer.

not going to debate semantics here, but hes not handing them out and this forum is a bit less than "public" even with free registration

GKMC AOTY 2012
  2. spooterpot

spooterpot

i love state of grace, 22, starlight, and red! its def my fave album of hers.
  3. Zoro

Zoro

4. kalphiteman4

kalphiteman4

Yeah new BATS is great, I don't know if I like it as much as their last one.

New Anberlin album grew on me like crazy, not my AOTY or anything but it's pretty fantastic.

Right now I'm listening to the new Kendrick Lamar album...I'm not sure what I think of it yet, but I'm not going to pass a judgement until I'm through the album. Definitely unique, for better or for worse.
  5. icepick

icepick she brings the rain
    is an Artist

Good Kid m.A.A.d City isn't my usual kind of hip hop but it's pretty great. The Man with the Iron Fists OST is also good even if the movie is gonna blow.
  6. TEA_DEMON

TEA_DEMON

really digging new tame impala. so much psych.
  7. 6-Dimension

6-Dimension

how is "good kid m.a.a.d city"? I think i plan on downloading it even if it gets terrible reviews, but what're your guys' opinion on it?
  8. kalphiteman4

kalphiteman4

It's being pretty well-recieved, got a 9.5 from pitchfork, but I didn't personally care for it too much. Not really my kind of rap though so definitely give it a shot if you've liked Kendrick's other stuff cause it's just a better version of that.
  9. Deschain

Deschain

10. lileimeimei

lileimeimei

My favourite Converge album has com3 out on October 9th. But I haven't gotten it yet.Looking forward to it very much, Converge never disappoint.
  11. MikeDecIsHere

MikeDecIsHere And the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate.
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

AHHHHH I LOVE IT! I am obsessed with this album, like for real. "I knew you were trouble" and "Red" are by far my favorite songs on the album! :D
  12. raikou00

raikou00

My sister buy it, she doesnt stop listening at it LOL I like some of his songs hahaha

Now Im fascinated with Life Starts Now- Three Days Grace album.
  13. No Luck Involved

No Luck Involved

Just downloaded The Agony and the Ecstasy by High Contrast, really really pleasantly surprised. It is a corker of an album! What an opening song, and it gets better!

Haven't got round to listening to Muse's 2nd Law yet, but I am fearing the worst.
  14. Vintage Books

Vintage Books

halfway listening through bat for lashes' new album right now for the first time, and i have to say i am liking it very much.

I am seeing her in February and this is making me very excited
  15. Django

Django
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Some stuff I've been listening to over the last few days and absolutely loving.

[youtube]dIyKy4A4kBU[/youtube]

[youtube]hicCHaC_z5I[/youtube]

[youtube]h3pO3E7GRmE[/youtube]
  16. More Cowbell

More Cowbell

I'm really hoping Crystal Fighters will release a new album some time soon, anyone got any info on that? I really loved their first album Star of Love, and with things like Love Is All I Got being released, I have high hopes for a new album (and perhaps a tour with that?). Their next venue is planned for may 23rd or something, so my expectation is that they'll have their album out by then.
  17. X5Dragon

X5Dragon

18. Django

Django
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I would absolutely kill for a second album, Star of Love was one of the best albums I have listened to in a long time. Another tour would also be greatly appreciated; I've only seen them three times already, I NEED MORE.
  19. Vintage Books

Vintage Books

ok i have been listening to this album nonstop ever since i posted this it is so fucking good fsjkfb
  20. Byrne

Byrne

21. X5Dragon

X5Dragon

[youtube]4aW4WItzcIo[/youtube]
  22. Mailman

Mailman

[​IMG]
    Goat-World Music
    I like it a lot and it might have been under a lot of people's radars.
  23. Furai

Furai a ╬ędefender // a ╬▒guardian
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Calvin Harris's 18 Months is a really nice album. It's a little bit short, and he could've put less Extended Mixes, but overall it's really good. Drinking From The Bottle, I Need Your Love, and Sweet Nothing are my favorite ones for sure
  24. X5Dragon

X5Dragon

[youtube]JGFTUpOkJHk[/youtube]
  25. Django

Django

Yeahhhh

[youtube]93ASUImTedo[/youtube]

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)