5th Gen OU Analysis Index - 89 BW2 Revamps On Site!

All right, I'm currently trying to work out who is keeping hold of their analyses and who isn't. As the more observant among you have realised, I have PMed every member who currently holds an analysis reservation, and hopefully by the end of the week we will have sorted out which analyses are eligible for reservation.
Sorry to be so damned obnoxious about this, but I'd like to have first dibs on Dugtrio if you decide that the original reservation maker is unfit for the job, before the seven day period passes. I've already started composing an analysis for it, because I'm pretty sure the reservation will be reversed.

I'm just a little scared of missing the chance, considering that I messaged choochoo only two days ago, but you're saying that the reservations will be sorted through by the end of the week. But I'm probably just not correctly understanding the process being taken to weed through sketchy reservations.

Again, I apologize for my annoyance. I'm just a bit confused as to whether the reservation will be taken away or not before the seven-day period has gone by.

-Zane

Reserving Salamence.

Thank you

EDIT: Just realized that somebody already reserved it, I'll be taking Nidoqueen instead. Thanks.

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
"What fatecrashers said"

Also:

You didn't read the bit directly under that which said: "Analyses here are not eligible for reservation at this time."

Or the bit above it which said: "If the analysis is not on this [OU] list, please don't reserve it."

Or the bit at the top which said: "We are ONLY writing/reserving analyses for competitive Pokemon at this time - specifically, those listed below under 'Current Analyses'. As much as you may want to reserve a Delcatty analysis, it really is a waste of everybody's time, not just yours."

Please please please read the thread before reserving stuff, it's great that you want to contribute to Smogon, but make sure what you're doing is helpful first.
Sorry, I saw that some of them were already reserved and was a bit thrown off.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry to be so damned obnoxious about this, but I'd like to have first dibs on Dugtrio if you decide that the original reservation maker is unfit for the job, before the seven day period passes. I've already started composing an analysis for it, because I'm pretty sure the reservation will be reversed.

I'm just a little scared of missing the chance, considering that I messaged choochoo only two days ago, but you're saying that the reservations will be sorted through by the end of the week. But I'm probably just not correctly understanding the process being taken to weed through sketchy reservations.

Again, I apologize for my annoyance. I'm just a bit confused as to whether the reservation will be taken away or not before the seven-day period has gone by.

-Zane
The way I was going to do this was, I send out PMs, wait a week, make a note of the people who haven't responded, send another round of PMs, and then get the C&C mods to move in. They almost certainly won't be sorted out by the end of the week, that would be a pretty optimistic target. Anyway, since you claimed first dibs on Dugtrio, I would be more than willing to acknowledge that before opening it up to the general public.

Actually, on that note, I personally think that you should PM a C&C moderator now and get it all sorted out. Choochoo isn't exactly a prolific contributor, and I'm pretty sure that the mods would be willing to take a two-day silence as an indication that they do not wish to continue the analysis. This would also make my job more straightforward as well.

The way I was going to do this was, I send out PMs, wait a week, make a note of the people who haven't responded, send another round of PMs, and then get the C&C mods to move in. They almost certainly won't be sorted out by the end of the week, that would be a pretty optimistic target. Anyway, since you claimed first dibs on Dugtrio, I would be more than willing to acknowledge that before opening it up to the general public.

Actually, on that note, I personally think that you should PM a C&C moderator now and get it all sorted out. Choochoo isn't exactly a prolific contributor, and I'm pretty sure that the mods would be willing to take a two-day silence as an indication that they do not wish to continue the analysis. This would also make my job more straightforward as well.
Thanks a lot for the clarification! And thanks a lot for the priority as well. I'll PM a moderator and request so. I've already composed a skeleton for Choice Band, and worked on the Team Mates and Counters section, along with the overview. I just need to test Life Orb, which I'm honestly doubting will work.

I'll make sure to get this sorted out, pronto! Thanks again!

-Zane

Edit: Contacted Bloo, due to the awesomeness of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

Via PM...

Bloo said:
Choocho hasn't been on a month - that means that his analysis hasn't seen many updates and is just sitting there doing nothing. It's also likely that he won't be logging in anytime soon or replying to your PMs if he's been inactive for such a long time.

I approve of you taking over the Dugtrio analysis. You seem enthusiastic about it and I like the initiative you took to ensure you get the opportunity to write it up! I'm sure you'll do a good job.
I would like to formally claim custody of Dugtrio. c:

-Zane

Hey. I've never done an analysis before, and completely understand if you'd rather let someone with more experience do it. But if it's okay, I noticed that Feraligatr doesn't have one yet. May I reserve it?

Hey. I've never done an analysis before, and completely understand if you'd rather let someone with more experience do it. But if it's okay, I noticed that Feraligatr doesn't have one yet. May I reserve it?
Sorry but Feraligatr wasn't deemed viable for OU so it can't be reserved. And there are no more Pokemon up for reservation.

Check this thread regularly and you may be lucky enough to see one unreserved Pokemon.

Accelgor, the ninja bug, is now done!

Suicune has a placeholder for GP 2 so it should be done next weekend at most.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Pokemon Mandibuzz is up for grabs. For further information on what its previous author was working on, consult this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)