1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

5th Gen OU Analysis Index - 89 BW2 Revamps On Site!

Discussion in 'BW OU Analyses' started by alexwolf, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I think you can post a set analyses for these two, so your set entries can replace the older one.
  2. Princess Bubblegum

Princess Bubblegum

I may be willing to do Slowbro as I have a stupid amount of experience with it. I will only do it though if physical tank is the only set I have the write and test, calm mind and specs are terrible.
  3. Sciztar

Sciztar

Since Magnezone is being moved, I would like to reserve Mamoswine
  4. Worldtour

Worldtour aka Swamp-Rocket
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

5. Meru

Meru
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Having used it all of BW2, I would like to write an analysis on Hippowdon.

Especially since the Physical Wall is the #1 set on-site. Mixed Wall has been superior for pretty much the entire generation.
  6. Jukain

Jukain .leaf
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

ok it's been ~2 weeks and winter vacation is p much over. i'll try and get snorlax (at least a wip skelly) up within the next few days. i took a sorta unintentional break from contributing (irl stuff) for these past two weeks, sorry.
  7. Sciztar

Sciztar

I know Infernape is Mid-priority but I would like to reserve the Ape.
  8. Jukain

Jukain .leaf
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

Wait, no one has Jirachi? In that case, it is mine!
  9. typon77

typon77

I'll take Tornadus-I, since it seems nobody else wants to, and I have some good BW2 experience with it. Expect a skeleton up within the week.
  10. Nova

Nova Samsung Alpaca
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

I'd like to reserve Latios please
  11. Jukain

Jukain .leaf

Oh btw Snorlax is up.
  12. Princess Bubblegum

Princess Bubblegum

13. Pocket

is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

you guys don't need to tell me when the thread goes up - Other qc members and I aren't blind @.@
  14. PK Gaming

PK Gaming Pursuing My True Self
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

I'm taking over Infernape.

It's a scummy move to make after locking and moving the original one, but that really wasn't my initial intention.
  15. The Unlucky one

The Unlucky one

i'll drop reservations for Jumpluff. I think someone who uses it more might be able to write something better.
  16. MapleDoom

MapleDoom

I think I'll continue the Jumpluff analysis. That thing is a beast when played right.
  17. Jukain

Jukain .leaf

the link to the gp queue under gp approved is to the old queue, not the current one, you should probably fix that
  18. Jirachee

Jirachee Kaleidoscope
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    RMT Co-Leader

I would like to reserve Starmie, as I see it on the High priority list.
  19. Pocket

Thanks, p0078 - I have the correct GP Queue link now~

MapleDoom, this better be the AcroGem Pluff you're talking about!

I got you, Jirachi ;)
  20. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

Is Heatran needing of an update on its analysis? If no one reserved, I want to reserve it. Heatran is one of my favorite Pokémon and I really want to write an analysis about it. I already even know which sets I would talk about, and of course, they are competitive and relevant to the metagame.
  21. PK Gaming

PK Gaming Pursuing My True Self
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

You may update Heatran, provided you leave the recently updated sets alone.

-Choice Scarf
    -Magma Storm
    -Weather Trapper
    -Substitute

Are off limits. You can update them by adding relevant threats/removing banned threats however.
  22. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

These are the recently updated sets? The Weather Trapper set I already knew that was recently added and did not needed a update, but reading the current analysis again, it appears that the other mentioned sets weren't updated.
  23. The Unlucky one

The Unlucky one

May I reserve BW2 Revamp Virizion? Virzion is one of my favorite pokemon out there and can be an amazing offensive rain/sand check if Torn-T is banned.
  24. Adamant Zoroark

Adamant Zoroark

Can I reserve Jolteon? I know it's not a high priority Pokemon, but I feel that I have enough experience with it to do an analysis on it and think I can greatly improve on it from its current analysis.
  25. Pocket

Weather Trapper - Uploaded Aug 16, 2012
    Substitute - Uploaded May 15, 2012
    Magma Storm - Uploaded Mar 19, 2012
    Sunny Day - Uploaded Jan 15, 2012
    Scarf - Uploaded Jan 1, 2012

So Weather Trapper is the only set that was written post-BW2 era. It may be true that the original set entries are well-written and requires little rendering, so that may be what PK Gaming is trying to get at.

I do believe that we have way too many Heatran sets with Magma Storm, though. Keep Tobes's Weather Trapper and remove Sunny Day (which is essentially Tobes's set) and Magma Storm (which is quite outdated now and serves similar purpose as Tobes's set). Their removal would make Heatran's analysis less cluttered.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)