5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Thats great. Iwas thinking of something else
Thanks

Edit: Another question
After searching for a ID/SID pair in pandoras box, do I just hit the time it is supposed to be?
yes just hit the time it's supposed to be on, then you record the TID to find which frame you hit by entering it in pandoras box then subtract the frame value you get back from the one listed in your previous search to find out how much times you need to say no to advance the frame.

Does the PIDRNG advances only when we walk ON top the grass,cave,water with pokemon or anywhere in the route with wild pokemon?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Does the PIDRNG advances only when we walk ON top the grass,cave,water with pokemon or anywhere in the route with wild pokemon?
Both, sort of. It advances every 20 steps when grass, water, etc is visible. That's the shaking patch check, so it happens anywhere there can be a patch. It also appears to advance once every 17 steps for some unknown reason.

It even advances when you're not in an area were wild pokemon can appear (like inside a house) so you've got to take that into account as well.

Well it is said in Tesseraction's breeding guide so that's why I took it for a fact. Well actually I have had one seed where RNG Reporter said my SF was 49, knowing there were randomly moving NPCs at route 3 I checked my SSF and it was 58. Which means a difference of 58 - 1 - 49 = 8 frames. Another one had a difference of 3 frames. All of these were Gift Method seeds. I've also RNG'ed in Driftveil City once, that was like a difference of 40 frames for me :P
This is the post thats most relevant to my question, its probably very obvious but I'm kinda confused. How can RNG Reporter calculate your starting frame?

I do understand the whole thing of PID frames being the same for each save. I found a shiny before as my starting frame and caught another shiny without any calibration using the same seed, both in caves. But how do you figure out the advancements by NPCs? Is it like this - find out that seed's starting PID frame, do it where there are NPC's and then subtract the starting from the actual to figure it out?

Also, with keypresses - when do you start pressing the keys? I've never been sure.

This is the post thats most relevant to my question, its probably very obvious but I'm kinda confused. How can RNG Reporter calculate your starting frame?

I do understand the whole thing of PID frames being the same for each save. I found a shiny before as my starting frame and caught another shiny without any calibration using the same seed, both in caves. But how do you figure out the advancements by NPCs? Is it like this - find out that seed's starting PID frame, do it where there are NPC's and then subtract the starting from the actual to figure it out?

Also, with keypresses - when do you start pressing the keys? I've never been sure.
If your calculated starting frame is say 50, and when you do 1 chatter and you find your egg was frame 55, then the NPCs moved you to frame 54.

But you can't use this information for future breeding projects because the NPCs will be random and change the starting frame anywere from like 2~6 randomly. You always have to re-find what your shifted starting frame is when you do a brand new save in an area with wandering NPCs.

And the keypresses you should press as soon as you start the game (pressing A/tapping the game on the screen)

But is it possible to do that while catching a wild Pokemon with NPC's? Lets say I wanted to try and catch a Purrloin on Route 3 - if I know the seed will start on frame 48, and the one I catch applies to frame 54, it's advanced by 6. So then if the shiny frame is on 100, I chatter 46 times rather than 52, correct?

And as for keypresses, do I press A then hold down the keys? Or do I wait til the white screen appears, or does it even matter?

Thanks for your help. :)

I have a problem here, similiar to Patchy's. My RNG target is a shiny Blitzle with IVs: 20/30/6/27/28/30. This is on Route 3, the one with all the wandering NPCs. The Blitzle is on Frame 1 and the "Nearest Shiny" Frame is 96 (I assume this is equivalent to the PIDRNG Frame; used this as PIDRNG Frame when RNG'ing a Roggenrola, so...it must be).

Since there are wandering NPCs, calculating the Initial PID Frame (on Method 5 PIDRNG) does not work, right? If so, someone told me to generate the results on Method 5 PIDRNG (after pasting the full seed into Seed/Hex Box), starting DS, hit seed, enter game without Synchronizer in play, and checking nature. I did this and the Blitzle's nature was Brave.

I'm supposed to advance the PIDRNG Frame by 1 this time, right? However, I got Brave nature again. Attempted this several more times, but got a Lvl 9 Pidove, which is in Encounter Slot 3 and a Lilipup, which is in Encounter Slot 4.....

I'm even tried the Initial PIDRNG Frame, which was 45. Since shiny Blitzle is on Frame 96, I advance PIDRNG Frame by 25.
......Got a Purrloin.

What am I doing wrong? Am I not hitting my seed or is it something else?
Help will be appreciated.

I have a quick question regarding RNG'ing a Drilbur via a swirling dust.
I'm at the first area of Wellspring cave and have already set up a walking pattern of 128 steps (to ensure the spot is a SD and not rippling water) into a spot that always appears around the 86-87 step that I take. However, I'm not exactly sure if I'm supposed to do something special or what because every time I count 127 steps, I'm in front of the spot and take the final step I get an item and not a drilbur.

What am I supposed to do, change seed? get the item,walk some steps, save and retry? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Does the rooms without NPCs in Twist Mountain still advance randomly? I am trying to RNG a female Gurdurr for a breeding project and I want to know if there are any rooms I know won't advance randomly.

I have a quick question regarding RNG'ing a Drilbur via a swirling dust.
I'm at the first area of Wellspring cave and have already set up a walking pattern of 128 steps (to ensure the spot is a SD and not rippling water) into a spot that always appears around the 86-87 step that I take. However, I'm not exactly sure if I'm supposed to do something special or what because every time I count 127 steps, I'm in front of the spot and take the final step I get an item and not a drilbur.

What am I supposed to do, change seed? get the item,walk some steps, save and retry? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
You're not going for a shiny, right? If you are, and the shiny frame has an item, you'll have to find a new spread.

If you're not going for a shiny...
Pretty sure the step into the dust doesn't count. I'd do 128 steps before you head into the swirling dust.
To get a Pokemon, stand in front of it, then view a Chatot/save once. Go into it and see if it's a Pokemon, and if it's not, repeat the process but with two advances, and so on until you find a Pokemon.

Does the rooms without NPCs in Twist Mountain still advance randomly? I am trying to RNG a female Gurdurr for a breeding project and I want to know if there are any rooms I know won't advance randomly.
If there's no NPCs, there won't be any random advancements.
You could try entering the cave through the entrance by Icirrus. That first room you enter doesn't have any NPCs.

You're not going for a shiny, right? If you are, and the shiny frame has an item, you'll have to find a new spread.

If you're not going for a shiny...
Pretty sure the step into the dust doesn't count. I'd do 128 steps before you head into the swirling dust.
To get a Pokemon, stand in front of it, then view a Chatot/save once. Go into it and see if it's a Pokemon, and if it's not, repeat the process but with two advances, and so on until you find a Pokemon.

If there's no NPCs, there won't be any random advancements.
You could try entering the cave through the entrance by Icirrus. That first room you enter doesn't have any NPCs.
I see, will do that. Thanks!

But is it possible to do that while catching a wild Pokemon with NPC's? Lets say I wanted to try and catch a Purrloin on Route 3 - if I know the seed will start on frame 48, and the one I catch applies to frame 54, it's advanced by 6. So then if the shiny frame is on 100, I chatter 46 times rather than 52, correct?

And as for keypresses, do I press A then hold down the keys? Or do I wait til the white screen appears, or does it even matter?

Thanks for your help. :)
You can, but it's almost impossible to do so if your starting frame isn't 1. You could do it in theory, it'll prolly just take you forever and it'd just be easier to find a new seed.

I don't know the exact answer to the keypresses but I always press and hold down until the blue star from the game freak scene comes up. I think you can let go earlier than that but i don't know when, so I just do what works.

NorthWind said:
I have a problem here, similiar to Patchy's. My RNG target is a shiny Blitzle with IVs: 20/30/6/27/28/30. This is on Route 3, the one with all the wandering NPCs. The Blitzle is on Frame 1 and the "Nearest Shiny" Frame is 96 (I assume this is equivalent to the PIDRNG Frame; used this as PIDRNG Frame when RNG'ing a Roggenrola, so...it must be).

Since there are wandering NPCs, calculating the Initial PID Frame (on Method 5 PIDRNG) does not work, right? If so, someone told me to generate the results on Method 5 PIDRNG (after pasting the full seed into Seed/Hex Box), starting DS, hit seed, enter game without Synchronizer in play, and checking nature. I did this and the Blitzle's nature was Brave.

I'm supposed to advance the PIDRNG Frame by 1 this time, right? However, I got Brave nature again. Attempted this several more times, but got a Lvl 9 Pidove, which is in Encounter Slot 3 and a Lilipup, which is in Encounter Slot 4.....

I'm even tried the Initial PIDRNG Frame, which was 45. Since shiny Blitzle is on Frame 96, I advance PIDRNG Frame by 25.
......Got a Purrloin.

What am I doing wrong? Am I not hitting my seed or is it something else?
Help will be appreciated.
Are you advancing the PIDRNG frames with chatters? They're the most reliable. Then you should be sweet scenting.

Use all of the information given to narrow down your shifted starting frame. This means nature, gender, ability, "pokemon/level" (encounter slot).

Also make sure when you do this, that you hit your seed. If you didn't hit your seed, it means the IVs won't match, therefore you're using wrong data. So when you get brave, then brave again. Let's say the 2nd brave had the wrong IVs, meaning you missed your seed. You have to disregard that and do it again. If you don't, you'll be looking for the problem forever and never get it done right.

Oh, yeah, by frame 54/60/100 etc I meant PID frame - I'd never even try anything after frame 1, haha. Thanks for answering my questions!

After working on it first-hand.. wow.. Thundurus is so difficult. The guide helps a little bit.. but mainly i would like to know where to be when i want to save and start hitting my seed.

im assuming the door is the best place for the save. and since shiny version is probably super impossible for me.. i'll just ditch the pidrng and make sure i hit my initial seed so at least it will have the right iv spread.. then continuously pray i get a good nature.

@Phadunk: Have you read the guide posted like 2 to 3 pages back? If you found a shiny or a good-natured frame somewhere between 600~900 I would definitely give it a try ^^
It's too bad that I already hunted every legendary before I even learned what RNGing was :(

It's too bad that I already hunted every legendary before I even learned what RNGing was :(
I hear you on that part. And I'm loathe to reset my only Gen5 game and equally unwilling to buy a second, heh. I guess past gen RNG'ing will have to suit me for legendaries.

@Phadunk: Have you read the guide posted like 2 to 3 pages back? If you found a shiny or a good-natured frame somewhere between 600~900 I would definitely give it a try ^^
that explanation is beautiful. sounds pretty tough, but i might as well give it a try.

It's like Ninja Gaiden. Extremely hard but oh so fulfilling. Good luck anywayz ;)

Maybe I'm going to buy White and RNG the legendaries in that one :)

okay, i want to RNG a shiny solosis using 9.81
i'm planning on using two chatot to advance the PIDRNG frame
i want to get a bold one with magic guard (ability 1) and it is in encounter slot 0
when i copy the seed to clipboard, do i select method 5 standard seed or method 5 pidrng?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)