1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Is one parent holding an Everstone? The frames don't match up properly if not.

Alternately, it's possible that NPCs are causing you to hit the wrong frame.
  2. Elite_Battle_Master

Elite_Battle_Master

Lapras is holding an Everstone like it should be, however in checking my held items I noticed that my Turtwig is holding a power item.

I am guessing that is my issue as it probably interferes with the passing of IV's properly.
  3. voodoo pimp

That would be the problem, Power Items mess up inheritance.
  4. Elite_Battle_Master

Elite_Battle_Master

Indeed. Took the item off and hit the seed and frame the very next try and hit the spread I was trying for.

Thank you very much for mentioning items. I honestly had no clue and never would have thought about it until you mentioned checking the everstone.
  5. masterbreeder

masterbreeder

In Black 1/2 and White 1/2, if you start a new game on a cartridge where you know the RNG Parameters for the previous game, are the RNG Parameters still in effect (Timer0, etc.)?
  6. chiizu

chiizu PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
    is a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcher

Yes, the parameters remain the same for a given DS / cartridge combination when restarting the game.
  7. Executive Proton

Executive Proton

I am trying to rng a wild ditto. I have found the seed and found the initial PIDRNG frame to raise it to a frame that has encounter slot 6. Where ditto is located I cannot use sweet scent so does walking raise the PIDRNG? And am I doing things correctly?
  8. Sir Nicholas

Sir Nicholas

5th Generation RNG Reporter Wonder Card

I was wondering if anyone else can help me with my issues as mentioned:

Part One
    Part Two
    Part Three

Also, to update, I now have the Keldeo Wonder Card, but I have attempted to obtain the actual Pokemon until I get this resolved.
  9. TheAllyKat

TheAllyKat

I do not know the answer to that... I am trying to figure this all out. The guides all appear to be overwhelming and none are written out down-to-earth. So, I am all for using whatever methods work. So long as there is an easy to approach set of instructions.

That was the method used in the videos that you sent me.
  10. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

walking does advances the PID, but it is unreliable...your best bet would be to
  11. voodoo pimp

You can get rid of the fog to be able to Sweet Scent. Save inside the Giant Chasm, change the month to a different season, load the game, battle something. After the battle, the fog will be gone, so you can save again and then RNG it like any other wild encounter. Note that this works for all forms of weather, so you could use it to get rid of the sandstorm in the desert for instance.
    That's odd, it should be more up to date than that. This guide I've heard is easy to understand, though it's written rather than a video. If that doesn't work for you, I'm not sure what else is good, but maybe someone else has other ideas.
  12. Executive Proton

Executive Proton

Thanks alot. I'll try that now =]

Edit: It worked! Thanks again guys.
  13. SpeedSuicune

SpeedSuicune

Does anyone have a link to the latest RNG Reporter that's compatible with XP?

Additionally, is there a guide on how to RNG Dream Radar Pokémon?
  14. chiizu

chiizu PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
    is a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcher

This post explains how Dream Radar RNG works specifically in PPRNG, but the principals are universal. You can assume that RNG Reporter will be similar.
  15. OmegaForte

OmegaForte

So far I've extended the parameters, option set on DS/lite (because acekard runs on DS mode), and putting the exact IVs. I'm still not getting any results. Should I be also extending the ranges of the other stuff such as VFrame, etc? (Any specific ranges at least?)
    EDIT: Never mind, it's also Vcount.
  16. ares9090

ares9090

EDIT: Sorry, my mistake, those are GLAN Wondercards, I was running mu querry for normal wondercard, stupid me.
  17. emboars

emboars

um guys is the rng reporter updated to support US version of BW2...cuz its released early..
    thank you chiizu for the guide..hope it supports rng reporter soon...
  18. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

What is the point of filling up all 20 Hidden Grotto locations before attempting to RNG any of them? Slashmolder doesn't mention it in his guide, but I saw it in RainThunder's guide on RNG Forums.

For that matter, which is the best guide to follow? Have the alpha updates to RNG Reporter since these 2 guides were written changed anything or added anything new for Hidden Grotto abuse?
  19. SpeedSuicune

SpeedSuicune

Thanks for that. It appear exceptionally easy, as does BW2 calibration. Now I just need the latest RNG Reporter to work for XP or a new computer, but that's out of my hands unfortunately.
  20. Darki

Darki

I'm really not sure if this fits into this thread, I apologize in advance if it doesn't.
    As I learned about the PID, there are many properties that belong to the PID. Ability, Gender, shininess (in combination with ID+SID), nature etc.
    I already bred a nice bunch of Pokés, not really caring about their PIDs. Today I noticed that if I breed a Poké that has been affected by everstone, the PID always stays the same (at given seed), even if I change the everstone nature.
    So my question: Does this mean that the PID does no longer contain the nature? Or is this only the case for breeding, meaning that wild etc. Pokés still show their nature in the PID?
    Greetings,
  21. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

In 5th gen the PID doesn't determine the nature. Presumably this is to make MM + Everstone more efficient.
  22. voodoo pimp

If there are any open grottos before your target one, it complicates the RNG process. Having them all full means 1) you don't have to worry about what the order is and 2) you can RNG any grotto on a whim without having to go around and manually check all the others every time. The way Slashmolder's guide explains it allows you to RNG without having them all full, but also requires more prep work, especially if you're doing one of the higher-numbered ones.
  23. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

By "prep work," do you just mean examining all the Hidden Grotto locations before your target one?

Does this mean that you suggest following RainThunder's guide?
  24. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Prep work is basically checking each grotto to see which ones are occupied. But that can change every 256 steps unless you take 255 steps, stop, save, SR, then keep going.
  25. Cipher Admin Lovrina

Cipher Admin Lovrina

Where might I find a guide to RNG abuse in Black and White 2? Will it work with a 3DS?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)