1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

Once DSi/3DS seeds are figured out, will there be a new version of RNG Reporter (likely an alpha) released shortly that includes support for them? Also, what about the ability to find DS parameters via the Unova Link like in PPRNG?
  2. Ticcyboy

Ticcyboy

How do you tell what routes are what on the B/W2 encounter tables becuase they just say localisations?
  3. Gajeel

Gajeel

RNG in Black2 and White 2 (English games)

Hi everyone... I'm somewhat new to RNG, since I first learned it in Pokemon Black... Then the gen4 games...

As for my question, is RNG of eggs possible in the English games? I know that a bug was present in the Japanese black2/white2 that replaced the seed with the one generated when creating your character... Is this still present in the game? (prays not)
  4. Nightmare

Nightmare

It wasn't answered before, but any word which method does the anime Wondercard eggs (Ash's Pidove, etc.). I'd like to do that one to clear it out and get another breeder.

Also, any way we can get 4th Gen profiles added to RNG Reporter too? it'd be nice to have English words instead of numbers, and it'd help for error checking on the user's part.

=James
  5. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

As long as you're RNGing on Black 1 or White 1, you should be fine.
  6. SpeedSuicune

SpeedSuicune

I really don't want to sound like a pain (I probably am), but I noticed that a new version of RNG Reporter that's compatible with XP will be released, for which I am very grateful ('tis a great relief). When can we expect to see this?
  7. Everstone

Everstone Now 100% reliable
    is a Contributor Alumnus

No one bothered looking at the event eggs because they're worthless and are no different than a regular egg once they hatch. You're better off just capturing one of the aforementioned mons and save yourself the trouble.
  8. Nexus

Nexus Day 358: Believe
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

Ok, so added a link to chiizu's guide for Dream Radar abuse / Unova Link calibration (PPRNG only) to the first post for the time being please pay attention to the NOTE and the quotes by chiizu below it as well before using it. As for RNG Reporter, STOP asking when these things will be added, be patient slash will be working on them and when they're ready he will post.
  9. Nightmare

Nightmare

I guess I'll do the POE method then and report back when I have results.

-James
  10. Gajeel

Gajeel

I know that, I can RNG eggs in black 1 just fine.. My question was regarding English black2 and white 2...
  11. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmer Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

I'm only making one release so expect it to be after I've added support for everything. Currently my main focus is 3DS/DSi support and dream radar.
  12. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

The bug still exists in the English version.
  13. coolbiz

coolbiz

Is there any place earlier in White 2 where I can find my parameters

EDIT: Is finding parameters the same as #1?
  14. kiddu

kiddu

Just curious: with everything already figured out from the JP versions, are those going to be a two-birds-one-stone kind of deal, or is there something about Dream Radar seeds especially that needs to be brute forced again aside from that?
  15. SpeedSuicune

SpeedSuicune

Thanks again, anyway.

You can use Unova Link almost immediately to find your parameters. See this post for more. It details the process while using PPRNG, though I presume RNG Reporter will also be updated to include this easier method of finding one's parameters. You can also use the IV method, as in BW.
  16. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

Technically you could find your parameters as soon as you get your starter. Realistically you only need to get far enough into the game that you can determine caught Pokemon IVs with high accuracy. It's easiest to do this late-game when you can catch high level Pokemon and feed them lots of Rare Candies.
  17. coolbiz

coolbiz

Thanks too you both! :]
  18. DarkestSamus

DarkestSamus

Thank you Slash. I just want you to know that what you're doing is very appreciated.
  19. Gajeel

Gajeel

I see :/ That's so disappointing... Oh well, at least we can still RNG eggs in Black/White...

btw is the RNG of wondercards/stationary/gifts possible in English Black2/White2? And if so, is it the same as it was in the previous games?
  20. Deszaras

Deszaras

I need some help with rng breeding. I have a problem hitting my target frame because of the wandering NPCs, someone knows in which pattern the NPCs advance the frame?
  21. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Yes to both questions.
    It's unpredictable, but they follow the same pattern for any given seed and save state, so what you need to do is receive your egg, use the nature/gender/etc. to figure out how many extra advances they did, and then adjust from there.
  22. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

NPC moves differently for each time you save. So there is no way to predict it.
  23. kiddu

kiddu

One other thing, this time about the backing up Pokemon Dream Radar before RNGing, though not technically about the RNGing itself:

I know that the guide says to back up the entire SD card for each time, but my SD card's almost full so that's bound to take up too much space. Looking through the directory, I stumbled upon this folder:

G:\Nintendo 3DS\(a bunch of numbers and letters that might not be something I should post)\(another bunch of numbers & letters)\title\00040000\000ae100

Based on the creation date (mostly the fact that it's the only folder created on the 7th, the same day I downloaded only it), I'm thinking that this is where PDR is stored. Does anyone know if I'm right? And if I am, would I be able to just backup/restore this folder, instead of the entire SD card? There isn't some hidden file in another directory that'd keep this from working, is there?

There's also a 512KB .sav file in a sub-directory under that one, so if I could get away with only copying that then that'd be even better.
  24. Mr. Sableye

Mr. Sableye

What method is N's Zorua in B/W2?
  25. Agonist

Agonist Minutes become hours when you wait, hope and regret
    is a Forum Moderator

it's not. it has a set nature, and IVs (all 30's)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)