1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Mr. Sableye

Mr. Sableye

Oh, odd. Thanks.
  2. Agonist

Agonist This god that I worship, this demon I blame
    is a Forum Moderator

all of N's mons have a set nature and all 30 IVs, for future reference.
  3. MosesLH

MosesLH

I want to RNG hidden grottoes later in my game, do I have to do something in special? for example I'm in the part where I have to catch minccino, should I catch it or not? does it matter?
  4. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

You don't need to do anything special, just make sure all the hollows are full before you start RNGing them (even that isn't strictly necessary, it just makes the process easier).
  5. ff7Cloud

ff7Cloud

Hi can anyone point me to the direction of a ID/SID abuse guide for BW2? Is it essentially the same as BW1? Thanks!
  6. Cipher Admin Lovrina

Cipher Admin Lovrina

How would I find my parameters for a game that I plan to ID abuse when I haven't even started the game yet?
  7. MMX

MMX

Play the game far enough to catch a pokemon.

EDIT: Find the parameters, and then restart the game and ID abuse.
  8. SpeedSuicune

SpeedSuicune

For BW2? Start a file and save at least once, then you can use the Unova Link method (see the OP) to find your parameters very quickly and easily. You can't find your parameters without starting the game at all.
  9. xXMasterSealXx

xXMasterSealXx

Hold on, does the breeding bug basically mean that it is indeed impossible to do some RNG Breeding in the Japanese and International releases of BW2 as of now? Dangit, I skipped BW since I thought I can do all the RNGing here :/
  10. remedy1502

remedy1502

I'm trying to create a profile for Black 2, and I'm doing everything the exact same to find my parameters as I did in White, but when I enter all the shit I don't get a seed.
    Have sweet scent, caught the first poke without moving, checked IVs with pokecheck. Nothing comes up. Don't know why it's not working, but it isn't. Bit upsetting. So I'm not quite sure what to do to check my parameters now.
  11. emboars

emboars

if its a dsi or a 3ds it doesnt work ,yet
  12. remedy1502

remedy1502

original chunky silver ds
    Meaning it should work, right?

Also, I'm using the newest RNG Reporter.
  13. kiddu

kiddu

^Try expanding the search ranges.

Repost for new page:

14. Purimpopoie

Purimpopoie

Now, maybe I'm not reading it correctly, but for RNGing Dream Radar Pokemon, can I just Export the Research Data to B2W2 on 3DS and then move to DS Lite for the actual RNGing? I'm wondering, since if I can, I won't have to wait until the RNG Reporter can do 3DS stuff.
  15. kiddu

kiddu

You'd still have to wait until RNG Reporter can do Dream Radar seeds, which is supposedly coming out around the same time, anyway.
  16. Dizzybanana21x

Dizzybanana21x

Is wondercard abuse the same for BW2?
  17. chiizu

chiizu PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
    is a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcher

I don't know, as I have an SD card that I use just for Dream Radar, so the size of the backups is not an issue. What don't you take a full backup of your SD card, copy that somewhere safe so you don't mess up your data and can restore it back to its original state, and then try the different things you suggested and see if it works? It would be useful for everyone here to know.

Yes, you can RNG on whatever device you like after you send the Pokemon from the Dream Radar. But it's not going to let you do it any faster because...

^

Yes.
  18. kiddu

kiddu

I was kind of hoping that one of the researchers here had already tried...but if not, then I guess I'll do just that.

EDIT: Yeah, that's where it's stored, alright. Copying only that folder over works just fine...

2: ...as does only copying the save. Therians are back to be resent and everything.

Again, the directory is

Nintendo 3DS\(a bunch of gibberish numbers and letters)\(another bunch of numbers & letters)\title\00040000\000ae100

and the save is under that on \data\00000001.sav
  19. emboars

emboars

thank you kiddu for figuring it out....
  20. SpeedSuicune

SpeedSuicune

It'll always be impossible to RNG breed in BW2, yes.
  21. kiddu

kiddu

Actually, I'd appreciate it if somebody else could verify that the directory stays consistent for different systems, since I only have the one to test with.
  22. Dizzybanana21x

Dizzybanana21x

I am unable to find my parameters for my Black 2
    Do I need to go somewhere w/o any NPCs?
    If so, what is a good location
  23. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

Are you using a DSi or 3DS? For now you can't find your parameters using either system on English carts.
  24. Dizzybanana21x

Dizzybanana21x

Dslite
  25. masterbreeder

masterbreeder

For some reason my "profile" data for RNG Reporter 9.96 Alpha is saved in the wrong place, but I can't seem to find it. Can someone tell me what the file/folder name for the Profile is called so I can find it? (I'm using Windows Vista)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)