1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Except for breeding (which is broken, unless they fixed it in the international release) and Entralink (which no longer uses delay), BW2 RNG is basically the same as BW1 (there's more Timer0s to worry about, but the process is the same). It should work on 3DS as well.
  2. Dracomaster

Dracomaster

So does this also mean that Wondercard abuse is the same? I'm asking to confirm whether or not it will be possible to RNG Genesect starting tomorrow.
  3. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Wonder Cards are exactly the same; however, you will have to wait until RNG Reporter/PPRNG is updated with the information for the international versions before you can do it.
  4. Purple Lapras

Purple Lapras

So I've been trying to learn the RNG system, and I've successfully caught a perfect Terrakion and Ditto, but I've been trying to move to breeding, and I'm a little confused. I've read many guides and watched the bearsfan videos, but maybe someone can answer some specific questions for me (sorry if I'm just dense):

1) All I'm trying to do is get perfect IV spreads on hatched mons (well, I guess I need the correct nature and maybe an egg move or two, but I don't care at all about shinies). Do I need to pay attention to the PIDRNG stuff at all, or can I just use the regular methods I used to obtain Terrakion and Ditto, along with an Everstone for passing nature? All the guides to breeding seem concerned with both shininess AND perfection, so I'm a little confused as to which parts I need to pay attention to.

2) Are the "frames" that came up when I RNGed for Terrakion or Ditto different than the PIDRNG frames that you advance with Chatot's chatter? This is the impression I got from a couple guides, but again, I am a little confused.

And again, I apologize if these are dumb questions; I just ran into this stuff a few days ago and it's been rather difficult to process the huge bulk of information out there.
  5. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

You have to worry about the PIDRNG if you are going after a specific nature, ability, and gender. It increments differently than the IVRNG. However the process is essentially the same as going after a perfect shiny.

Basically (and forgive any sloppy terminology):
    IVRNG = determined by what time you start the game and what button combinations you use, derived from your starting seed. Determines IV spread. Increments by step movements mainly.

PIDRNG = determined by your initial seed (which also determines IVRNG). Dentermines ability, nature, gender, and shininess. Increments by just about everything, including NPC movement, Chatot Chatter, your character's movements.

Once you know your IVRNG, you can determine your PIDRNG as well as your starting PIDRNG frame (the main window in RNGReporter lets you determine the starting PIDRNG frame).

Chatot's Chatter is a reliable way to increment the PIDRNG (it increments the PIDRNG by one frame every time you listen to Chatter). But, keep in mind when breeding that there are wandering NPCs on Route 3 that will make things more difficult than capturing a wild Pokemon (they increment the PIDRNG almost randomly, but if you're quick/lucky you can get your egg with as few as 0-2 random PIDRNG advances).
  6. Cipher Admin Lovrina

Cipher Admin Lovrina

Can someone help me find a seed for a Hex-Flawless, Synchronizable Female Deino?
    My TID is 11325 and my SID is 49885. My Timer0 is C7F, my v count is 60, and my vframe is 6.
  7. emboars

emboars

hey guys can you tell me which file on the sd card should i copy to my computer and replace again when rnging dream radar, please.... thank you...

ps. can we expect a rng reporter that support us dream radar rng this week
  8. chiizu

chiizu PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
    is a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcher

You need to copy the top-level folder that is present on the card (on a Japanese 3DS, it is named 'Nintendo 3DS'), because the individual filenames are not readable.

This will copy all downloaded games, however, so it's best to work from a separate SD card when doing Dream Radar RNG so that you don't overwrite the data for your other downloaded games with older versions, etc.
  9. masterbreeder

masterbreeder

I know it's too soon for anyone to have calculated the RNG process for Pokemon Dream Radar, but I have an idea. After you do the actual transfer, couldn't you start the game, and therefore the do the RNG abuse, on a DS, DS Lite, or DSi? Just a thought.
  10. masterbreeder

masterbreeder

The frames you advance to breed are indeed the PIDRNG frames, but they determine the hatched Pokemon's stats, nature, Abillity, everything. Also, you can't use the same method at all. You have to go to the Egg section of the Time Finder. As for shininess vs. perfection, it's really all the same process; shiny frames are just way more rare. You will have hatch the pokemon, then see if its IVs are consistent with what is in RNG Reporter (use the guy in Gear Station to tell you which, if any, IVs are perfect; 2 of them will be inherited from one or both parents). If you hit the wrong frame (you probably will), you will have to hit the seed again, but decrease the number of advances you do based on the frame you actually hit. I hope this clears things up.
  11. chiizu

No, it's not too soon.
  12. richi3f

richi3f

13. chiizu

PPRNG has been updated to version 1.14.0, including initial support for the English language versions of Black 2 and White 2 on DS and DS Lites.

Please see the first post of the PPRNG thread for details, a download link, and links to tutorials on the new Black 2 / White 2 features.
  14. Mr. Sableye

Mr. Sableye

Is there a guide for TID abuse in English Black / White 2 with RNGReporter?
    (for aesthetic reasons)
    Nevermind, posted only a couple of minutes before the title change / OP change.
  15. guwa

guwa

I keep getting te 0xc0000135 error, whether I use the newest version or the old, previously functional version from May 2011. Any ideas?
  16. crazy0matt

crazy0matt

If I want to breed an egg for someone else to hatch on their game, and have it hatch a shiny Pokemon, can I just use their ID/SID combination in RNGreporter's time finder or do I have to input their DS parameters as well?
  17. religiousjedi

religiousjedi #ZELDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Since you're doing the heavy lifting (i.e. breeding it in your cart, and thus using your parameters), all you need is their TID/SID combo.
  18. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Be aware that you cannot use international parents if you intend to trade the egg to hatch on another game file - MM takes YOUR TID/SID into account when rerolling the PID.
  19. remedy1502

remedy1502

So I finally got around to getting Keldeo, and I'm trying to get a good one through rng.
    I can hit my seed most of the time (I know this from sweet scent encounters), but I'm having trouble with the whole frame thing. I also don't really understand how Timer0 works. It changes between C7F and C80 with no keypresses. I figured it would be a fixed value since it's in the ds parameters, but nope.

To hit frame 63 on the seed, I'm doing this:
    Target - Initial - Starting + 1
    = 63 - 1 - 8 + 1 = 55

- Withdraw 5 pokes (+35)
    - Deposit 1 to have 5 in party (I'm under the impression frame only increases when WITHDRAWING pokemon)
    - 4*128 steps (+20 = 55)

I figured this was correct for IVRNG, but I haven't yet received Keldeo with the IVs I want. Am I doing this correctly and just messing up hitting the seed or am I doing something wrong?

As for PIDRNG, would any of the above stuff affect it? I figured running around the pokecenter with no NPCs walking around would be alright, as I'm under the impression that your frame only increases when walking/turning in an area with wild pokemon (ie NOT a Pokecenter). I used my Chatots to increase frame, but I honestly have no idea how close I am to getting the Poke I want.

Any help would be great, or confirmation that I'm doing it correctly and just not hitting my seed.
  20. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmer Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

9.96 is out:

- Added: Support for Black and White 2 seed searching in Time Finder and profiles
    - Added: Encounter slots for Black and White 2
    - Added: Delay option for Entralink Seed Search
    - Added: Pause button for searches
    - Added: Transitional code to store in settings
    - Added: New automatic updater
    - Added: Multithreading for Entralink Seed Search
    - Added: Profiles to Researcher
    - Added: Profiles for 5th Gen
    - Added: Variable number of Elm call searches (shows possible while entering and highlights all possible after the search is done, focusing on the closest to the target seed)
    - Added: 5th Gen Wondercard PIDs for any method of generation
    - Added: SID and PID Search to Gen V Pandora’s Box
    - Added: Information on Irwin Calls
    - Fixed: Genderless check box on Entralink Seed Search works properly now
    - Fixed: Multi-select combo boxes required two clicks in order to gain focus
    - Fixed: DS Parameter Searcher doesn’t check that a game type is entered
    - Fixed: 4th Gen Egg searches no longer skip seeds of the form 00XXXXXX
    - Fixed: 4th Gen Egg IVs inheritance
    - Fixed: Seed searching in Gen IV Pandora’s Box
    - Added: Pandora’s Box for Ruby\Sapphire (with dead or not dead battery)
    - Added: Emerald Shiny Eggs
    - Fixed: Compatibility formula for Gen III eggs
    - Added: Ruby/Sapphire live battery
    - Added: Black 2 and White 2 support
    - Added: Shiny Charm Support
    - Fixed: Frames being one off when not using a male/female only species (Nidoran/Volbeat/Illumise)
    - Fixed: Parameter Finder now processes GxStat properly
    - Fixed: Gender filter in Gen IV egg PIDs
    - Added: Hidden Hollow abuse for BW2
    - ~25% faster searches, depending on the search, thanks to .NET 4.5 features

Known bugs due to missing research:
    - Bug-Catching Contest and Safari Zone shows correct encounter slots but spreads for each frame may be incorrect
    - Some Black\White successful fishing frames may actually be "Not a nibble"
    - Cave Spots may sometimes produces Everstones and King’s Rocks instead of the listed item
    - Dream Radar Support
    - DSi support for BW2 on languages other than Japanese
    - Languages other than Japanese/English for BW2
    - Ruby/Sapphire eggs are high inaccurate, inheritance calculations are wrong
  21. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

Wondercards frames work using the PIDRNG, not the IVRNG.
  22. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

Sweet! Thank you.

What will it take to get DSi/3DS support added?
  23. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Seeds from DSi/3DS. I think if you just capture a couple mons in a row the IVs would be enough to find a seed?
  24. remedy1502

remedy1502

Oh~
    I only realized after this there was a "Wondercard" setting in the time finder x.x

Thanks, got my keldeo~
  25. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmer Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

We basically have to brute force it so it's just waiting on number crunching. For the Japanese games it took a week or two. Hopefully it'll be faster this time now that we know more.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)