5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Thanks, Shii.

I was using 9.96.1 and tried calibrating on my DSi. I'm having 3 different timer0's and VCounts. Is this normal? 1676, 167b, 1673, and now 1678. Vcounts were AC and AD.

But still you have quite some variety with the expanding of the frame i.e. with Chatot.
Otherwise I still have my black1 edition, I was just curious.
But there's another question, does the bug exist also in the european version of the game like german? (If nobody knows, I could test it on Friday, then I'm getting my game)

/Edit: To Musica, only your timer0 should change, this means the IVs you used for calibrating weren't exact enough, if you are getting more than one result.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Oh, and is Memory Link able to be accounted for in RNG Reporter and/or PPRNG at present? I heard it moves the numbers around. Thanks again!
I can't speak for RNG Reporter, but it is accounted for in PPRNG.

Technically, all three are true (lucky Mac users), but from what I hear [Dream Radar RNG] is a case of "untested but should work."
Dream Radar RNG in PPRNG has been tested by several users now (including Shii and religiousjedi) and works fine.

If you are talking about Memory Link, yes it does. It has an effect on initial PID frames and maybe Dream Radar too, iirc.
The frames you can get in the Dream Radar are a combination of the PIDRNG and IVRNG, like normal in-game encounters (and unlike Wondercards, which only use the PIDRNG). However, both RNGs are advanced together when using the 'Send and Receive Keys' function with the spinning icon and can't be advanced independently. It is similar to Gen 4 frames, basically, in that you can't separate the nature from the IVs, however there are a lot more possible seeds in Gen 5 so every good nature/IV combination is available to everyone.

Because performing a Memory Link permanently changes the initial PIDRNG frame for most (but not all) seeds but has no effect on the IVRNG, the DR frames that you can hit after doing a Memory Link are different than those you could hit before linking. The IV frames don't change, though, so what you will see is that there will be frames with the same IVs at the same Dream Radar frame number as before the Memory Link, but the nature will have changed to something else. This result is that some frames with good IVs but bad natures will have useful natures after linking, but the opposite case is also true.

Note, though, that doing a Memory Link is beneficial overall because it lowers the initial PID frame for most seeds (and doesn't increase it for any seeds). That means you can hit lower PIDRNG frames for normal in-game encounters as well as Wondercards, increasing the number of useful seeds.

I was using 9.96.1 and tried calibrating on my DSi. I'm having 3 different timer0's and VCounts. Is this normal? 1676, 167b, 1673, and now 1678. Vcounts were AC and AD.
To Musica, only your timer0 should change, this means the IVs you used for calibrating weren't exact enough, if you are getting more than one result.
Actually, based on the numbers Musica posted, it looks like it may be the case that there is some small VCount variation on DSi / 3DS in addition to the Timer0 variation. People will have to spend more time testing with DSi / 3DS to be certain, however, so don't quote me on that just yet.

Each timer0 was gotten from 4 tries of calibration. I'll try more later to see what results I would get. How about the DS Phat/Lite? Do they have such large variations of timer0?

Shii

zap
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Each timer0 was gotten from 4 tries of calibration. I'll try more later to see what results I would get. How about the DS Phat/Lite? Do they have such large variations of timer0?
Yes, they do. It's usually a range of 1104-1108 for Black and like 10F4-10F8 for White2. Give or take a few. They become easier to hit as you practice. Timers help too.

Dream Radar RNG in PPRNG has been tested by several users now (including Shii and religiousjedi) and works fine.
...Wait, so if it's confirmed accurate, then...does that mean that what the update to RNG Reporter is waiting on is the time it takes to translate the code over (and adding DSi/3DS compatibility with it)?

and why I can't rng dr mons right now being that I don't have a mac :(

so in the rng reporter 9.96.1 ,as it support bw2 US now, can you find the paras using the unova link..i cant find it in the rng reporter...:/

Need help...

So I've been trying to figure out how to use this RNG Reporter application (latest version) and I've been having some issues.

First problem:

So I followed the steps in how to calibrate your RNG Reporter and it doesn't seem to be working. When I go to look up the seed corresponding to the IV's on the Pokemon I capture, nothing appears.

1.) I set both the date and time on my DS and PC to the same time on parameter finder.
2.) I don't hold any keys, nor do I enable C-gear when logging on.
3.) I log on and immediately talk to the mailman to get a Wondercard Pokemon I have (seems an easy test case.)
4.) I plug in stats within parameter finder and hit search to find the right seed/pid.

This is where the problem lies. I'm assuming something is supposed to come up and come up consistently, given the same DTG and key presses. However, that doesn't seem to be the case. I've tried 4-5 times, nothing happens.

Am I doing something wrong in the process? Also, is there some metric I'm supposed to be obtaining from this or is it just the consistency of landing on the same pid/seed that's important?

Another question...
Is Chatot w/ Chatter necessary to advance frames, or is any Pokemon viable in team summary for flipping?

So I've been trying to figure out how to use this RNG Reporter application (latest version) and I've been having some issues.

First problem:

So I followed the steps in how to calibrate your RNG Reporter and it doesn't seem to be working. When I go to look up the seed corresponding to the IV's on the Pokemon I capture, nothing appears.

1.) I set both the date and time on my DS and PC to the same time on parameter finder.
2.) I don't hold any keys, nor do I enable C-gear when logging on.
3.) I log on and immediately talk to the mailman to get a Wondercard Pokemon I have (seems an easy test case.)
Wondercard IVs are generated differently from wild Pokemon, so that could be it. I don't know if it's been updated recently, but last I checked you can't get your parameters with Wondercards.

Another question...
Is Chatot w/ Chatter necessary to advance frames, or is any Pokemon viable in team summary for flipping?
Gotta be a Chatot w/ customized Chatter.

I have a few questions

1. Is calibrating Eontimer for b2/w2 the same as b/w? or do I need to wait for an update on Eontimer

2. I have white 2 and black 2 so If i found the parameters on white 2 would I have to find parameters again for black 2 if I used it on the same system? Or would using my white 2 parameters work for it?

I have white 2 and black 2 so If i found the parameters on white 2 would I have to find parameters again for black 2 if I used it on the same system? Or would using my white 2 parameters work for it?
You'd need to find them again. At least, you'd have to find your timer0 again.

Never used timers for Standard seeds, so can't answer the other one.

Wondercard IVs are generated differently from wild Pokemon, so that could be it. I don't know if it's been updated recently, but last I checked you can't get your parameters with Wondercards.
Thanks, that would probably explain it.

Gotta be a Chatot w/ customized Chatter.
Thanks, wasn't sure if that was required or an optional thing.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Oh, and is Memory Link able to be accounted for in RNG Reporter and/or PPRNG at present? I heard it moves the numbers around. Thanks again!
Yes it is, set it in your profile.

It is, if you're okay with the fact that everything is static except IV's. Slash's words, not mine.
Actually the IVs and PID are not static. However the nature, inheritance, and possibly the ability are.

...Wait, so if it's confirmed accurate, then...does that mean that what the update to RNG Reporter is waiting on is the time it takes to translate the code over (and adding DSi/3DS compatibility with it)?
It's a significant amount of work and I haven't even started on it because my entire focus has been DSi/3DS. You'll see it eventually but do note that VGCs are this weekend so most of us are busy.

so in the rng reporter 9.96.1 ,as it support bw2 US now, can you find the paras using the unova link..i cant find it in the rng reporter...:/
That will be added later.

Also curious about this; I bought Black 2 today but haven't started? Can you turn Memory Link off at any time by the way, if it does interfere?
After you do the memory link it's set in your game. Don't worry though because RNG Reporter accounts for it if you check the Memory Link box in your profile.

Hey guys, just to let you know, got my Victinit right.

Here are the procedures I made:

1 - Checked the IVs with no frame advances at all. Found out i was hitting 49 instead of the 47 reported by PPRNG
2 - Re-recorded chatots chatter cry
3 - Hit the seed, advanced the frames to 56.
4 - ????
5 - Profit :)

So, if you're having trouble I suggest you check your initial frame and re-record chatot cries if it appears you're not advancing at all :)

Thanks to chizu and everyone for the help.

Whenever I try to close the RNG Profiles window of RNG Reporter 9.96 Beta, I get the same message:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Access to the path 'C:\Windows\system32\profiles.xml' is denied"

When I click Continue, the window stays open, and when I click Quit, the window stays open.

The thing is, I can't even find that file or folder. I've tried redownloading the program, but nothing works. Could someone please give me some detailed help on this? Or at least a way use 9.96 Beta without having to save a Profile?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Why is profiles.xml in your system32 folder? If RNG reporter is in there for whatever reason I'd move it somewhere else.

Okay, that's very interesting... so for English versions or B2W2, if I'm desperate to RNG Dream Radar right now I can borrow my friend's Mac for PPRNG, but soon enough RNG Reporter will get both Key Link Calibration and Dream Radar RNGing? Sounds like a good deal.

Thank you to the programmers of both applications for all of your hard work. I'm sure that these first weeks after the release of the game are a nightmare, but I thank you for working so hard so that we can all enjoy our perfect Pokemon :)

Why is profiles.xml in your system32 folder? If RNG reporter is in there for whatever reason I'd move it somewhere else.
That's the thing - it isn't there. It isn't ANYWHERE. I can't find it, like it wasn't installed. Maybe because I'm using Windows Vista?
I still need a lot of help, so someone please give me a hand!

Ok, so I was able to nail down my Timer0, and delay, and it that seems consistent. However, when I try to do a GLAD Wondercard pick, the IV's I get aren't my target, and aren't in the list of adjacent IV's.

Only thing I can figure is using target time doesn't work for Wondercards, or I'm doing something wrong. Not sure which. Anyways, I plug in the stats and use the target 10/22/12 20:33:40 which is apparently what I want for C7F.

I start the DS up the second before the target time, and log in and immediately talk to the mailman.

The IV's don't appear to be consistent, and neither are the natures. Am I doing something wrong, or is the method used for WC's vastly different than that of what I used to calibrate? Or is there something else I'm not doing that I need to do?

That's the thing - it isn't there. It isn't ANYWHERE. I can't find it, like it wasn't installed. Maybe because I'm using Windows Vista?
I'm using Vista, and it seems to put it in the same location as the .exe.

Ok, so I was able to nail down my Timer0, and delay, and it that seems consistent. However, when I try to do a GLAD Wondercard pick, the IV's I get aren't my target, and aren't in the list of adjacent IV's.

Only thing I can figure is using target time doesn't work for Wondercards, or I'm doing something wrong. Not sure which. Anyways, I plug in the stats and use the target 10/22/12 20:33:40 which is apparently what I want for C7F.

I start the DS up the second before the target time, and log in and immediately talk to the mailman.

The IV's don't appear to be consistent, and neither are the natures. Am I doing something wrong, or is the method used for WC's vastly different than that of what I used to calibrate? Or is there something else I'm not doing that I need to do?
-BW1 or BW2?
-Which Pokemon Center?
-Are you looking at adjacents for all your timer0s? You've got more than one to deal with no matter which game it is.
-Check your seed's initial PIDRNG frame. Make sure you're not aiming too low.
-"Start the DS"? You mean start the game, right?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Are you sure it's a GLAN Wonder Card? And are you doing it in a center with no moving NPCs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 25)