1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

NPCs don't affect it, try expanding the search ranges.
    Should be profiles.xml in the same folder as the main program. Note that older versions of the profiles file are not compatible with 9.96 beta, so that might be causing some confusion.
  2. coolbiz

coolbiz

Is finding parameters for white 2 the same as 1?
  3. SpeedSuicune

SpeedSuicune

Yes, though you can also use Unova Link to find your parameters more quickly. See the OP for details on how to do this in PPRNG (the process should be similar when RNG Reporter is updated to support this method).
  4. remedy1502

remedy1502

Expanded everything, still not coming up.
    Welp.

Possible there's an issue with RNG Reporter since I'm not the only one having this problem?
  5. Cipher Admin Lovrina

Cipher Admin Lovrina

Can someone help me find a certain id/sid combination based off of a shiny Oshawott gift seed in BW2? I can PM you my parameters and stuff after I find them. VM me :)
  6. Gajeel

Gajeel

The breeding bug

Does it mean Nintendo are defying themselves with this stupid bug? Because if the game uses ONLY one seed (the one generated when creating your character), wouldn't that mean you'd get a lot of Pokemon with the same PIDs (and no two Pokemon should legally have the same PIDs). Would it also mean that some lucky shmoe who gets a low shiny frame will keep getting shinies while breeding? o.O
  7. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

PID is unaffected by the bug.
  8. voodoo pimp

Not everything is overwritten - inheritance, DW true/false, non-Everstone nature, and Volbeat/Illumise/Nidoran species are the only things affected IIRC.
  9. Gajeel

Gajeel

Correct me if I'm wrong but, isn't the PID when breeding determined by the seed you hit? (in this case the one and only seed)... And you get a list of PIDs and inheritance... So would some PIDs not repeat? Assuming a person turns off the while breeding... equivalent of constantly hitting one seed in Black/White
  10. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius

The issue is with a brand new PRNG that affects only nature/DW passing on/inherited IVs. PID is normal.
  11. Gajeel

Gajeel

Oh I see, so its either a failed attempt of something new or punishment for RNGers :/ Fingers crossed that this doesn't repeat in future games
  12. filipekiss

filipekiss

Thanks to religiousjedi to point me out here.

So, I've been trying to RNG my Victini wondercard and I've been failing time after time. I'll describe my steps here and can you guys help me see what I am doing wrong? I am using a DS Lite and it's calibrated (If I try to RNG wild pokémon I have no trouble) and checking my seeds with PPRNG.

1 - Save in front of Mailman, ready to receive the gift from the Wondercard
    2 - Turn of the DS Completely.
    3 - Search PPRNG for Wondercard Search. Let's say I'll use this one:
    [​IMG]
    If I'm not reading wrong and not completely stupid (they can both be true), if i Hit this Seed I Shall start on Frame 47 and advance 9 times up to hit 56 before I speak to the mail man.

4 - Hit my seed holding the buttons needed (or at least I think I am) and the game loads.

5 - Open the Pokémon, find the first Chatot and open the SUmmary. It cries so I'm guessing it advanced to frame 48. I flip between my two chatots. 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56. I do it slowly to make sure the cry is complete before I change chatots. That done, I exit the pokémon menu and talk to the guy.

6 - Go check my Victini Nature and IVs. Quirky Nature and the IVs and Hidden power is matching the frame 49 according to PPRNG.

This means I am not starting in the frame informed by ppRNG?

Am I advancing the frame in a wrong way?

Should I give up RNGing and go play pokémon TCG instead?

Please help, guys ):
  13. voodoo pimp

Did you record a custom cry for Chatot, or is it the default sound? It only advances the PIDRNG if you're using a custom cry.

Also, where are you doing the RNG? Most Pokémon Centers have moving NPCs, which would explain why you hit frame 49 instead of 47. Pokémon League and Opelucid are both safe IIRC.
  14. filipekiss

filipekiss

I recorded a cry for the chatot and I am using the PokéCenter near the League...
  15. CodyBernheisel

CodyBernheisel

On Rng reporter 9.96 Im having a problem to where the reporter crashes everytime i try to search for Perimiters but this didnt happen on 9.95 when I did for BW1 any ideas on how to fix this?
  16. TheChortler

TheChortler

I'm having pretty much the exact same problem as everyone else: My profile isn't saving (at least nowhere visable) and I can't get the parameter finder to properly upload my parameters.

[​IMG]
  17. chiizu

chiizu PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
    is a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcher

What frame do you hit if you do no advances at all?
    Do you have your roamer roaming?

Also, I don't think it should have any effect when you have Black 1 / White 1 set in your config, but there's no need to check Mem Link. Doing the Memory Link only has an effect in Black 2 / White 2 as far as we know. Try unchecking it in your config and see if the starting frames in the search results change.
  18. Deltablazy

Deltablazy

I'm just mentioning that I'm having the same problem, where the DS parameter finder wouldn't give me a seed no matter what.
  19. DarkestSamus

DarkestSamus

I'm a tiny bit confused as to what IS and ISN'T available on the various RNG programs right now. I apologize in advance if this has been said time and time again, but can you please clarify the following bullet points for me?

*RNG Reporter can currently RNG stationary, wild, and Hidden Hollow Pokemon in English B2W2, but only on DS Phat/Lite (breeding not RNGable).
    *RNG Reporter currently has no support for English Dream Radar, but it's coming up soon.
    *PPRNG, a Mac-only program, can currently RNG English Dream Radar Pokemon in B2W2, but only on DS Phat/Lite.

Is this info true? Thanks!

EDIT: Oh, and is Memory Link able to be accounted for in RNG Reporter and/or PPRNG at present? I heard it moves the numbers around. Thanks again!
  20. Cefiro

Cefiro

Also curious about this; I bought Black 2 today but haven't started? Can you turn Memory Link off at any time by the way, if it does interfere?

Also, I have some really dumb questions as I haven't RNG'd in a year. I want to RNG Genesect, and restart my game once or twice to RNG him 2 or 3 times total (trading him to BW1 each time). Can I get all those parameters I need to know (gotten through IVs I think?) at relatively low levels early in the game? Or is that not possible and do I actually have to get far into the game? Thanks.
  21. voodoo pimp

You can get parameters as soon as you can get accurate IVs. If you can use Pokécheck, then that's as soon as you can use the GTS.

Also keep in mind that parameters don't change when you start a new game, so you should only need to do the whole process once.
  22. Cefiro

Cefiro

Was unaware of Pokecheck's existence. It doesn't screw with anything in the game, right? Totally safe and non-game-interfering (just wanna make sure)?

What's typically the lowest level you can get an accurate IV check at anyway for parameters?
  23. emboars

emboars

if the pokemon is 100lvl then you get 100% accuracy...so as the level become lower you get many results and one of them is your paras....
  24. Cefiro

Cefiro

Yeah, my question is what's the lowest level to determine the para? Because I remember in BW1 I did it with Pokes around level 65 just fine, but how low can one go?
    Eh, may just do the Pokecheck thing, doesn't seem too hard.
  25. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius

Characteristic + Hidden Power type (Mistralton Pokémon Centre) + maybe subway judge info should be enough. Couple levels worth of stats via Rare Candies works too.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)