1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmer Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

Yes it is, set it in your profile.

Actually the IVs and PID are not static. However the nature, inheritance, and possibly the ability are.

It's a significant amount of work and I haven't even started on it because my entire focus has been DSi/3DS. You'll see it eventually but do note that VGCs are this weekend so most of us are busy.

That will be added later.

After you do the memory link it's set in your game. Don't worry though because RNG Reporter accounts for it if you check the Memory Link box in your profile.
  2. filipekiss

filipekiss

Hey guys, just to let you know, got my Victinit right.

Here are the procedures I made:

1 - Checked the IVs with no frame advances at all. Found out i was hitting 49 instead of the 47 reported by PPRNG
    2 - Re-recorded chatots chatter cry
    3 - Hit the seed, advanced the frames to 56.
    4 - ????
    5 - Profit :)

So, if you're having trouble I suggest you check your initial frame and re-record chatot cries if it appears you're not advancing at all :)

Thanks to chizu and everyone for the help.
  3. masterbreeder

masterbreeder

Whenever I try to close the RNG Profiles window of RNG Reporter 9.96 Beta, I get the same message:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Access to the path 'C:\Windows\system32\profiles.xml' is denied"

When I click Continue, the window stays open, and when I click Quit, the window stays open.

The thing is, I can't even find that file or folder. I've tried redownloading the program, but nothing works. Could someone please give me some detailed help on this? Or at least a way use 9.96 Beta without having to save a Profile?
  4. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Why is profiles.xml in your system32 folder? If RNG reporter is in there for whatever reason I'd move it somewhere else.
  5. DarkestSamus

DarkestSamus

Okay, that's very interesting... so for English versions or B2W2, if I'm desperate to RNG Dream Radar right now I can borrow my friend's Mac for PPRNG, but soon enough RNG Reporter will get both Key Link Calibration and Dream Radar RNGing? Sounds like a good deal.

Thank you to the programmers of both applications for all of your hard work. I'm sure that these first weeks after the release of the game are a nightmare, but I thank you for working so hard so that we can all enjoy our perfect Pokemon :)
  6. masterbreeder

masterbreeder

That's the thing - it isn't there. It isn't ANYWHERE. I can't find it, like it wasn't installed. Maybe because I'm using Windows Vista?
    I still need a lot of help, so someone please give me a hand!
  7. Edu

Edu

If I understood very well, may I standard abuse PID and IVs of the Entralink Pokémon in B/W 2?
  8. Godstar

Godstar

[​IMG]
    Ok, so I was able to nail down my Timer0, and delay, and it that seems consistent. However, when I try to do a GLAD Wondercard pick, the IV's I get aren't my target, and aren't in the list of adjacent IV's.

Only thing I can figure is using target time doesn't work for Wondercards, or I'm doing something wrong. Not sure which. Anyways, I plug in the stats and use the target 10/22/12 20:33:40 which is apparently what I want for C7F.

I start the DS up the second before the target time, and log in and immediately talk to the mailman.

The IV's don't appear to be consistent, and neither are the natures. Am I doing something wrong, or is the method used for WC's vastly different than that of what I used to calibrate? Or is there something else I'm not doing that I need to do?

I'm using Vista, and it seems to put it in the same location as the .exe.
  9. kiddu

kiddu

-BW1 or BW2?
    -Which Pokemon Center?
    -Are you looking at adjacents for all your timer0s? You've got more than one to deal with no matter which game it is.
    -Check your seed's initial PIDRNG frame. Make sure you're not aiming too low.
    -"Start the DS"? You mean start the game, right?
  10. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Are you sure it's a GLAN Wonder Card? And are you doing it in a center with no moving NPCs?
  11. Godstar

Godstar

Yep, I'm in the Nimbasa PMC, trying it on Reshiram, so he's a GLAN for sure.

-Which Pokemon Center? (See above)

Figured as much, I tend to get C7E and C7F a lot, but others pop in randomly which I think is due to the range of the IV's I'm inputing on Parameter Finder. Of those I was looking at in the adjacents, none of them were matching any of the IV's I was getting. I would have assumed that it would be within range of one of them as long as my timing wasn't more than a 1-2 seconds off max, which it wasn't. From the calibration guides they said you usually have 2 Timer0's, would I possibly have more than that?

Ok, I checked that and I'm kind of confused on the PIDRNG purpose for IV's. Isn't PIDRNG for cycling through nature's or is it used with IV calculation some how?

So say I find a seed on time finder with time I want, and look up the PIDRNG, and it gives me frame 115. Isn't that where I start when I first enter the game, or is that something I need to flip to in order to get to the IV spread I want listed in the target time? Kind of confused there since the frame listed time finder is always 0. Also the nature I want is 11 frames over 115 at 126. So by my calculation I would have had to save 11 times to get to the right nature.

Yeah, sorry, that was kind of vague. I started it a second before so when the tic happens it hits my mark before going to the white screen.
  12. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

Glan stands for
    Any
    Nature

Last time I checked Reshiram was gender-less :P
  13. voodoo pimp

Reshiram is a normal Wonder Card, GLAN stands for Gender Locked Any Nature. It only applies to events that are locked to either male or female (and also that have variable nature; if both the gender and nature are locked, it uses the normal method). Also, Nimbasa's center does have a moving NPC, which explains the extra variation you experienced (especially if you're advancing the frame by saving). Try the Pokémon League center instead.

Wonder Cards use the PIDRNG to determine IVs as well, unlike most other methods. You have to find a single frame with the IVs and nature you want.

The number Time Finder gives you is your target, you need to put the seed into the main window and hit Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame to find where it starts (should be around 35-60 depending on the seed).
  14. Godstar

Godstar

Well isn't genderless gender locked by definition? Absence of a gender is unchangable :)
  15. voodoo pimp

Maybe, but that's not how the game defines it as far as Wonder Cards are concerned :P
  16. Godstar

Godstar

Ah gotcha. I thought it meant that nature wasn't mutable, thus locked, whereas an unlocked nature would be mutable, such as male/female. Anyways, at least that definition is understood now.

Are you sure Nimbasa PMC has a moving NPC? There is the girl sitting there with her Minicino, and a guy upper left corner, and that's pretty much it. Nobody moving otherwise. Do stationary, none moving NPC's cause fluctuations?
  17. masterbreeder

masterbreeder

Can RNG Reporter 9.96 Beta work even if you can't close the Profiles Window? Just as a temporary fix until I figure out what's going on in the program.

Could my RNG Reporter 9.95 be causing the bugs in 9.96?
  18. voodoo pimp

If you want the technical reason, it's because gender is related to PID, so the PID has to be modified to make sure it's always male or always female, while genderless Pokémon can simply ignore that issue.

The guy in the upper left corner moves. Not much, but enough to cause problems if you're advancing by saving.
  19. Godstar

Godstar

Damn, was hoping they were both stationary.
  20. Musica

Musica

Would there be a way to stabilize my timer0 in BW2? Or a way to use a timer to make it like hitting a "delay."
  21. DogfishHead

DogfishHead

So I am trying to RNG a Heatran in B2 just like I would my Shiny Terrakion from B1, but it is not working at all. I have my sweet scent parameters for B2, but I can't get a consistent result of anything on this Heatran. Any thoughts?
  22. Musica

Musica

You're getting a different timer0 from your calibration basis. There is a wide range for timer0's in BW2, unlike BW having almost always only 2.
  23. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

Were there variations in VCount with Japanese games on DSi/3DS? Wouldn't it be unusual for something like this to change for the international release?
  24. Cipher Admin Lovrina

Cipher Admin Lovrina

These are the Timer0s I got in about an hour of checking on the Unova Key thing... What do I enter in my parameters? Which should I consider my dominant Timer0s/focus on getting?

Seed: E3FDF28D48DA85D8
    Timer0: 1105
    VCOUNT: 82
    VFRAME: 8

Seed: 889915546108FA98
    Timer0: 1107
    VFrame: 8

Timer0: 1100

Timer0: 1104
    VCount: 82
    Vframe: 8

Timer0: 1103

Timer0: 1106

Timer0: 1104

Timer0: 1102

Timer0: 1107
  25. Musica

Musica

I'll try more once I get home. I may have done something wrong with the fluctuating VCounts.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)