1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Xanderpitz

Xanderpitz

Wait, nevermind. I just found the parameters again and used the "Use Results in Time Finder" button. That worked out well, though that's probably a glitch for a later update.
  2. Cefiro

Cefiro

Somebody PLEASE help me; I'm so lost.
    How do I check what I'm hitting for the Wondercard method in BW1?

T_T
  3. emboars

emboars

oh come on ...now the rebattleable npc at lostlorn forest advance the pid when the sweet scent cutscene in effect....:(
  4. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Then battle that NPC, and save afterwards.
  5. emboars

emboars

after the battle he still moves :(
  6. Iccirrus

Iccirrus

I am officially completely lost as to how the RNG works.
    im on White 2, trying to learn to IV manipulate first, using kyurem.
    I set it to look for a seed with 31 HP,ATK,SPATK,and SPD ivs,with the others set to any.

I find a seed, which in my case is set for 10/14/2012 at 07.09.19
    I set my clock to 07.08.00 and set Eontimer for the remaining seconds. I start my game when the timer on hits 0,and battle kyurem as soon as I load in, making sure the C-gear isnt turned on. this should give me the IVs that I put in, no? The IV frame for this seed is 1,and ve been trying to get this figured out for hours. its as if my 3ds doesnt want to cooperate...
  7. Silverwarp

Silverwarp

Whew, after getting the starter over and over again, here's what I found. Hopefully, this will help others starting the game.

Pokemon White 2 (Retail Cart) - DS Lite
    Timer0 Range: 10F3 - 10F5 (I am usually able to hit 10F5 closer to the actual second, 10F3 a little earlier, and 10F4 earliest. It doesn't always happen, but that's how I usually get the Timer0).
    TID/SID Initial Frame: 37 (you might need to calibrate the initial frame, but regardless, it's not 28 like the default in Pandora's Box)
    VCount: 82
    VFrame: 6

I am at a loss at how to figure out the initial frame for the PIDRNG for the starter. Hopefully, this info will help researchers:
    MAC Address: 0019FD8ACF55
    Seed: 519A0C075CD7D153
    PIDRNG When Getting Starter Frame: 47 (I could tell because I got a Female Bashful Snivy)
  8. PoJ

PoJ

Try the adjacent seed tool. Go to 5th gen. Tools and select Adjacent Seed Tool from the drop down menu. Fill in all the right info and then generate (make sure you have the method set to wondercard 5th gen!).
  9. Cefiro

Cefiro

I've doing this the whole time with zero matches.
  10. PoJ

PoJ

Are you in a Pokemon Center with no moving NPCs? And, are you sure you're hitting your seed correctly? As in, pressing the right keypresses, right date/time, parameters are entered correctly?
  11. shroomhead

shroomhead

I'm in the Giant Chasm Hidden Grotto ready to rng for a Ditto.. but my dowsing machine says there's an item in there and I can't pick it up. I've stood above, below, left and right of the tile but I just can't pick it up. I've went to other hollows and I've been able to pick things up anywhere else but here. Does anyone know what I have to do to empty it? Do I have to empty out all of the other grottos or something? If it helps, I already rnged a Ditto to show up and caught it (with bad IVs). Not sure if already having a Ditto would affect it or something?
  12. aven1217

aven1217

hello. can i find my parameters early in white 2? if not, when is the earliest?
  13. emboars

emboars

i suggest as soon as you beat the 1st gym... and use pokecheck via gts to check the ivs...
  14. funeral_cake

funeral_cake

Is there any disadvantage to using Memory Link early on? Like will it have some negative effect on the spreads I can find? Or is it better for me to Memory Link when I've RNGed everything I want?

I was able to get them as soon as I got to Virbank, using the Pokemon in the complex. The first time around I needed to grind on Audino to get decent IV ranges, but once you figure out the VCount, VFrame, GxStat, etc., you can set those so that the parameter finder doesn't search a wide range of them.

After that, just getting IV ranges from the freshly caught Pokemon worked well enough for me to do the rest of the testing.
  15. Cefiro

Cefiro

The only obvious "error" is that somehow my parameters for White changed between now and 8 months ago on the exact same DS system...
    And I don't think that's supposed to happen?
  16. aven1217

aven1217

the method is the same as in black/white right? i just beat the first gym. i just turn off my game, note the time, turn it on and catch a pokemon?is walking in the grass same as using sweet scent? thank you for the info btw :)
  17. Uiru

Uiru

So as of now we can't RNG Dream Radar on Windows? :(
    ~Uiru
  18. emboars

emboars

yeah its the same but only you need to do lot of tests to get your paras as there are about 12-15 timer0s this time...
  19. Cefiro

Cefiro

Almost everyone's timer0 is mostly 1105 so just keep that in mind.
  20. Silverwarp

Silverwarp

I think how many timer0s variations there are could be dependent on the system. I've saw some of the other timer0 from people with DSi and it's different than what I have the DS Lite. If you saw my post above, there's 3 timer0s that I constantly hit for that.

If you are patient enough, you can find your parameters when getting your starter. That's what I did. It does help if you get a stat that there's only one possible IV for. Also, if you have a retail cart, the VFrame and VCount stays constant from what I've heard (though I think the actual parameters vary depending on the type of system). If you have a DS Lite and a retail cart, the VFrame should be 82 and the VCount should be 6. If you look at what some other people posted in some of the previous pages, it's the same. So, hopefully, it'll narrow down your search. I'm using White 2 btw.
  21. chiizu

chiizu PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
    is a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcher

22. funeral_cake

funeral_cake

Alright, good to know. Thanks. I've just been hesitant to do it in case I'd lose some good DR spreads in the process, but maybe that's not as big of an issue as I think it is...
  23. Cefiro

Cefiro

I think I'm just being totally trolled by my BW1 game for the first time.

I had Timer0 of C7F. I was getting nothing, so I rechecked my parameters 3 times and I found out I was getting C7E. So I now searched for a C7E Wondercard. 6x in a row I get C7F Keldeos...
    GODDAMNIT.

EDIT: Finally got him... finally... feels good man...
  24. Roflumilast

Roflumilast

So, any estimate as to when german games will be supported? ^^
    I'd like to get my DS parameters for my white 2, but it crashes.
  25. emboars

emboars

if u use keypresses it stabalise the timer0 little bit.....

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)