1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Cefiro

Cefiro

I've RNG'd about 20 pokes in BW1 (all press-less) and my Timer0 never gave me a single problem until the 20+ it gave me today. Go figure.

Anyway, I'm done RNGing for the next month hopefully. Woohoo. Now to attempt to enjoy playing through BW2.
  2. kiddu

kiddu

Now there's something you should have mentioned earlier. Everybody with a retail cart has 2 Timer0s per system in BW1, and most find that one occurs more often with keypresses, while the other occurs more without.

Now imagine doing that in BW2, where you can have 10 or more.
  3. aven1217

aven1217

can we find our paras using unova link in rng reporter, just like the one in pprng? if not, will it be possible for rng reporter?
  4. coolbiz

coolbiz

In the main window of RNG reporter instead of me having to use PIDRNG it used standard seed, I caught the my pokemon and found its IVs under standard seed.
    If you need I can record it to show you.
  5. kiddu

kiddu

Not yet, but eventually. We don't know how long it'll be.

.........I wonder which would be faster: waiting for the update to RNG Reporter, or looking for a way to use PPRNG in Windows (like through emulation or whatever).
  6. aven1217

aven1217

thanks, i'll just wait for an update. i don't have time to play until next week anyway.
  7. Xanderpitz

Xanderpitz

Ok so I'm trying to RNG the Genesect Event for a 31/XX/31/30/30/31 Modest Genesect with 70 BP HP Ground. I tried Wondercard method and Standard Seed Gift Pokemon method and neither has done anything. I know that the only thing I have to advance is the PIDRNG and I've been using Chatot, but every time the IVs are completely off. I even found a Gift Pokemon seed on Frame 1 and every time I got something completely off. I'm using the Pokemon Center in Undella town since there's no NPCs there, and everything looks right, but Im just not getting anything.

Also, for those of you having troubles with BW1, I'd suggest using RNGReporter 9.95. That version was the most consistent for me with BW1.
  8. IceArceus12

IceArceus12

Is the only way to calibrate to find your parameters on BW2 through the Unova link?
  9. radishes

radishes

I'm also having PIDRNG woes. I finally hit my target ID/SID pair (thanks to those who were patiently answering my questions), and it was through sheer luck that my initial frame just so happened to be my target frame... However, I'm now choosing my starter and am having a hopeless time of determining my starting frame.

The timer0s are probably the main source of my problem, but I'm having a hard time telling what frame I'm on due to the fact that every starter I've chosen has had a flawless stat characteristic corresponding to the IV spread I searched for. Earlier today I got a nature corresponding to the list, restarted, saved once (I had to try this a few times) and eventually got the next consecutive nature on the list. So I assumed that was my starting frame.
    However, now I'm trying this again, and the first two times I saved 9 times to advance the frame to the one I wanted, and got the same nature + characteristic twice... but that nature is on an even earlier frame. Which one am I supposed to assume is my starting frame?

I'm also wondering if the Aspertia NPCs count as wandering NPCs that affect the frame advances when doing the saves...hopefully not, since I assumed that timer0 differences were the reason most of my received natures were all over the place.
  10. Xanderpitz

Xanderpitz

Ok, so I just looked back a few pages on this thread and noticed people talking about having nearly a dozen Timer0s. I calibrated about 11 times and got a range of 10F3-10F6, which someone else here had. Is that similar to delay in 4th gen RNGing where you have to hit start slightly before the second to get an earlier timer0?
  11. kiddu

kiddu

Nope, the usual BW1 method still works (and is what you have to use if you're on RNG Reporter right now). It is the easiest and earliest by far, though.
  12. Darki

Darki

How long will it roughly take until BW2 RNG is available on German retail carts using Windows XP? About a week? Month? Any clue?
  13. kiddu

kiddu

Nope. We don't even know when Reporter will have everything for English carts on Windows 7. It'll happen when it happens.
  14. PoJ

PoJ

Is this on BW1 or 2? Also, could you post a snapshot of your PID frames generated, and tell us the results (natures + characteristics) you've been getting?

What might help is right clicking the PID frames and entering your target IV spread, then Reporter will generate the characteristic for each frame. Also, make sure the PID frames that you're generating have a starting frame that's around 10 less than the starting frame that Reporter generated. In BW1 I've heard that your starting frame for starters could sometimes be before the starting frame Reporter lists.
  15. radishes

radishes

I'm playing White 2, and thanks a lot for that tip about displaying the characteristics! I didn't even realize I could actually do that, but it helps a ton. I think I finally managed to locate a frame within the list that I obtained (I doubt a Lax female with a mischievous characteristic is going to pop up often).

However, the results I've been receiving still puzzle me. These are the PID frames that were generated, I've gotten Careful - Often dozes off, Calm - Likes to thrash about, Rash - Likes to thrash about, Calm - often dozes off, Lax - Mischievous, Quirky - Often dozes off. All male except for the Lax - Mischievous (I saved once before picking that one up, but I've never gotten a Modest- Mischievous before).
    http://i.imgur.com/UHHGl.png
    http://i.imgur.com/i56L3.png
    I guess I'm just confused because they're all characteristics that go with my IV spread (31/31/30/31/30/30), but when I match up characteristics to natures on the list, they seem to be all over the place. I thought I was just missing my timer0 a bunch of times, but would it just be a coincidence that everything I've received has a flawless characteristic that I'm targeting?

I also have a pretty high target frame (in the 80s), and I actually have a different timer0 for my IV spread than I used for my ID/SID abuse (IV - 10F3 and the ID/SID - 10F4), so I'm not sure if that'll be a problem and if I should just start over with the ID/SID abuse as well...
    At any rate, thanks a lot for your help!
  16. Perfect Cell

Perfect Cell

Stupid question here.

Is there a difference for RNGing a gift pokemon or wild pokemon from BW2 than BW1?
  17. Cipher Admin Lovrina

Cipher Admin Lovrina

Is it possible to rng an egg that will hatch shiny on a BW2 game? How?
  18. Mr. Sableye

Mr. Sableye

Basically do the same thing you'd do for BW1, but use your BW2 ID/SID in the search. It will hatch UNshiny on your BW1, but shiny on your BW2.
  19. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

I posted a guide for how to RNG the encounters in Hidden Grottoes using RNG Reporter. This way people have a complete reference to it rather than scattered posts.

Edit: Reminder for all 3DS/DSi users that are using a non-English/Japanese B/W2 cart - Follow the procedure outlined here, though you may use Pokécheck instead as long as you're clear which Pokémon was the first and second.

Edit 2: Whoops. Post the results in this thread. Apparently the first location that works for this is the first part of Virbank Complex - the part that has the same music as the town itself. The area is very small.
  20. Iccirrus

Iccirrus

Is it known to be more complicated to RNG w/ a 3ds or am I just doing something wrong?
  21. Cipher Admin Lovrina

Cipher Admin Lovrina

So take my BW1 parameters and copy them, then switch the id and secret id with my BW2's, then just breed the egg like normal and trade it over?
  22. Outrage

Outrage

I'm also currently trying to RNG a starter on Black 2 myself. I'm fairly sure the reason why the natures are all over the place is because of the wandering NPCs. I've gotten varying natures simply by waiting a couple of seconds before obtaining the starters whilst still getting the same IV's.

The characteristics also match quite high frames, around the hundreds. Unless I'm going completely wrong somewhere, is it possible for the NPCs to advance the frame that quickly after starting the game?
  23. PoJ

PoJ

I think you're missing your timer0 mostly, because the only results you posted that I saw in your snapshot near your starting frame were the Careful often dozes, and the Lax mischievous. So I'm pretty sure your starting frame is 54, since Lax, Female, and mischievous is pretty unlikely to show up on your adjacent seeds. If possible, I recommend finding another seed with the timer0 you hit for your ID/SID, since you might hit that one more often. If not, then I'm going to suggest that you assume 54 is your starting frame and use that to figure out how many times you need to save.

Also, if there are NPCs (I'm not sure if there is, since I don't have the game yet) then a target frame in the 80s might be difficult unless you can save multiple times while staying on the menu.

Edit: Outrage is right, there are 5 NPCs in the area and this is why the results are all over the place. If radishes was missing his/her timer0 then he/she most likely wouldn't be getting those flawless characteristics, so NPCs seem to be the problem... Radishes, for finding your starting frame, try picking your starter ASAP (be really fast) and see what you get. Then, use this as your ssf and try again by saving the right amount of times. I'm not sure how saving in B2/W2 works, but if you can't save multiple times while staying in the menu (which stops NPC advancements) then RNGing a starter in B2/W2 seems pretty difficult, and not really worth it Imo.
  24. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Yes. But you cannot use international parents.
  25. Xanderpitz

Xanderpitz

Ok, can someone help me with getting this Gensect event? Here's my results for the Wondercard search, with parameters included:

http://i.imgur.com/ww9aj.png
    http://i.imgur.com/GtoB1.png

Every time I try to RNG I get completely random, untraceable results. I can't figure out how to even begin with Wondercards in BW2. I've done wondercards 6 times for the Victini and Mewtwo events in BW1, but for some reason I'm ALWAYS inconsistent here. BTW, there's no NPCs in the Pokemon center I'm in when I talk to the postman (Icirrus City). I've even tried to just talk to him w/o advancing the PIDRNG with Chatot to see if I could at least find that result, but nothing has worked thus far.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)