1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Yes. If the profile you selected is BW2, it will account for that.
  2. javyj79

javyj79

10-4 thank you. Also, thanks for answering my other question earlier today... or maybe it was yesterday. either way thanks
  3. barone13

barone13

so i know all my timer stats and stuff for when I use my white game on my original ds. if I just switch out white for black 2, do I need to find my timer0 and gxstat and that stuff again or is it fine to leave as is so long as I tell rng reporter that it's a different game?
  4. DarkestSamus

DarkestSamus

Ignore my last question. I just successfully RNG'd a Dream Radar Pokemon.

I would like to say, however, that the first three times I tried my results were NOWHERE on the Adjacents list. I can't think of anything I did differently during those tries, and I gave myself a leeway of +-5 seconds and +-3 Timer0s (my range is 1103-1107, my target was on 1105) and none of the adjacents even remotely matched my initial attempts.

EDIT: That error I mentioned on the Seed Inspector menu is still worth noting, though. If your Configuration is set to an English Black 2 or White 2 game, the Version in this screen will be blank, and if you open the drop down menu, the checkmark will be by a blank space located under "White 2 (Japanese)". It is apparently harmless, but slightly confusing/disconcerting.
  5. Musica

Musica

If I were able to get my ID/SID from a seed with a different timer0 (and VCount in my case) than the one I used in TimeFinder, can I still hit the latter seed when I play the game?
  6. chiizu

chiizu PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
    is a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcher

I don't know what happened in your case, but there are several possibilities including hitting a timer0 higher than 1108 or lower than 1102, user error in seeing or inputting the correct spinner direction, or a program bug. Without specific details no one can say.

I can't reproduce your issue. Please post a screenshot of your configuration (in the DS / Game Configuration dialog) as well as a screenshot of one of the searchers showing the error. Also, please verify that your configuration is actually selected when you open the DS / Game Configuration dialog.
  7. DogfishHead

DogfishHead

Does anybody know how the encounter with Latios changes either the Standard Seed IV frame of the PIDRNG frame(chatot chatters)? Does it change anything at all? Just got done RNGing Heatran...
  8. coolbiz

coolbiz

I did it like a normal RNG abuse in black, standard seed.
  9. JTrainer

JTrainer

I used a chatot to advance the frame. And I used the wondercard search function of PPRNG.

It is possible that I was T0 trolled, but my T0 is 1103-1106, thats 4 possible outcomes right? Well, when I tried it, all four were the wrong nature and IVs? Am I doing something wrong, or is it possible that I have more than just four outcomes?
  10. DogfishHead

DogfishHead

I have actually only had success without advancing the frame via chatot pitches. I think they screw with something (maybe T0) in this game...

Otherwise, keep at it for 20 attempts, and if nothing works, then frame advancing is messed up for you.

Obviously your mileage may vary. I could be doing something wrong lol
  11. magicc

magicc

Is there any available tool for RNG for XP users with BW2?
  12. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I'm still not quite sure what you mean by "it used standard seed instead of PIDRNG in the main window" and "bad IVs," though.
    Not yet, there will be another release once DSi/3DS support and a few other things are done.
  13. Musica

Musica

DSi and 3DS support is done I think, or it needs more fix?

I've found a bug, I think, that is either is cart-related or console related. When I first played the game, I RNG abused a Genesect with the parameters of:

Timer0 = 1675
    VCount = AD

However, just a while ago, I tried to abuse my TID and SID with a DIFFERENT set of parameters.

Timer0 = 1673
    VCount = AC

My question is, can there really be a difference from my T0 and VCount at the same time? If I get my seed from Time Finder generated from the first parameters (1675, AD) and hit the seed from Pandora's Box (1673, AC), can I still hit the seed from my former parameters for my starter, wondercards, stationary legends, etc.?
  14. DogfishHead

DogfishHead

Yes, everybody is reporting multiple Timer0 values. Some people, such as me, have gotten over 10 different Timer0 values. So you need to do many trials and see which ones pop up more often for you.
  15. DogfishHead

DogfishHead

Also, time flies you fail at RNGing legendaries 30+ times in a row... :(
  16. Musica

Musica

How about the VCount fluctuation? Does that count as well?
  17. Cefiro

Cefiro

I'm trying to get Keldeo back in BW1, and what I find weird is that when I click "Generate adjacent seeds" to my seed, it shows the advances I need without a roamer released, but I have the roamer option on the main menu of RNG Reporter checked. Is that supposed to happen, has that not been programmed in yet or something? (Example, calculating initial PID gives me 55 and the frame I want is 60, but for adjacent seeds it is automatically set to 6 advancements [in BW2 it was correct every time so far by the way]).

Another thing is that I'm not even getting any of the adjacent seeds when I fail at getting my Keldeo, so I have no clue what I'm doing wrong...

One more question, if I memory link what actually gets shuffled around? Is Timer0 and all the parameters the same?
  18. emboars

emboars

please tell me is there anyway to remove sandstorm in desert resort in B2 :(
  19. DogfishHead

DogfishHead

VCount fluctuation is new to me. My Timer0 has changed a bit, but my VCount NEVER changed...
  20. Xanderpitz

Xanderpitz

Anyone know why RNG Reporter 9.96.1 won't save my profiles? I can't do anything until they're set up.
  21. DogfishHead

DogfishHead

If you are running Windows XP, then yes you cant save profiles. Otherwise, I don't know, they should work on every other system.
  22. Xanderpitz

Xanderpitz

I have Windows 7. The only thing I can think of is that when I first downloaded it and it asks you to save the profiles, I clicked out. Though, I doubt that would permanently prevent me from saving them.

I'll try reinstalling it and see if that works...
  23. Cefiro

Cefiro

I couldn't make profiles either on W7.

What you can do is do any timer finder and register your parameters there, it will save you that profile.
    Then you can duplicate that profile and edit it to make another.

When I click "OK" after inputting info for a new profile it NEVER EVER saves it.
  24. Xanderpitz

Xanderpitz

But I can't do Time Finder without registering the profiles first. It just exits out of that window. As for registering the parameters, the only thing that I've done thus far is find DS parameters via Stats to IVs. After that there's nothing I can do without registering them.
  25. Cefiro

Cefiro

Okay, I am so damn tired of not getting Keldeo, and I forgot most of the stuff about RNGing. Once I have my Keldeo that is incorrect, how do I use its nature and IVs to check which seed I hit and what characteristics that seed has? HELP!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)