Other 6th Gen Pokemon OU Candidate Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yes, Tyrantrum's use is more situational than anything. It has recoil less Head Smash but so does Aggron. D-Dance is done better by T-Tar, and anyways Tyrantrum suffers from a weakness to most priority moves, another major downfall of its that can end its sweeps. Tyrantrum is just outclassed in its roles and got that wrong typing, Rock Dragon is unique but nothing special, gives it weaknesses to prevalent types. It may do well enough in OU but it wont be OU, high UU at best. Lets move on.
Dragalgae OU, anyone?
Don't double post.

And judging by Dragalge's November usage and actual viability/usability, anybody can confidently "no."

Awwwwwwww, you're no fun.

Well, I actually did like Dragalgae quite a bit: Adaptibility Draco Meteor, amazing utility as a support, or on Rain offense, Sludge Bomb and a typing that knocks fairies into the Stone Age, whats not to like, besides a not so great typing. Noivern has the same Sp.Atk and people are calling BL on it. Dragalgae is at least as good as Noivern.

Double posting is cause I'm changing topics

Maybe weedle can come to a viability since his line got buffed with 10 more base attack?

252+ Atk Choice Band Weedle Bug Bite vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 21-25 (12.2 - 14.5%) -- possible 7HKO
Yes, yes, hahaha. Weedle being viable......In what twisted universe?

I get that its a joke though: Good one

I agree that Dragalge is good but its speed and hp hold it back from getting to OU tbh. Outside of that, Adaptability Sludge Bomb and Draco Meteor pack lots of damage.

Well, I actually did like Dragalgae quite a bit: Adaptibility Draco Meteor, amazing utility as a support, or on Rain offense, Sludge Bomb and a typing that knocks fairies into the Stone Age, whats not to like, besides a not so great typing. Noivern has the same Sp.Atk and people are calling BL on it. Dragalgae is at least as good as Noivern.

Well lets not forget that its usage will probably rise once Adaptability is released. By the way, Dragalgae isn't as good as Noivern due to it being faster than it and being able to run a better Choice Specs set.

I love Tyrantrum, but it's obvious he's not OU staple. Viable, but probably not gonna be used much except by crazy people like me.

People compare him to Mega Tyranitar, but again, he doesn't take up the Mega slot, and his typing is useful for certain teams. If you need something to switch into Talonflame or Heatran, Tyrantrum is a possible choice.

Dragalge Adaptability is great and all, but its speed will make it nowhere near OU. It'll do fine in UU, probably. Adaptability Specs Draco Meteor? Not many non-Fairy things gonna be able to switch into that. And Fairies have to be wary of Sludge Wave.

I really like Dragalge, but I don't see it being OU. It's too slow and dies from anything with a physical attack. Its usage stats in 1850 certainly don't betray OU-ness, however early they are. Once Adaptability gets released though (or has it been already?) I imagine it'll be a pretty potent wall-breaker in UU.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, Adaptability will make Dragalge much better. I tried it a while ago, and it;s actually quite good. A slow, bulky Specs set packs a lot of power, good STABs, and a good amount of bulk for switching into resisted hits. I can see it as a useful offensive pivot.

I've heard people speculate that Trevenant will make OU, as its bulky, has a strong Atk. stat, STAB Wood Hammer, Harvest...I could go on. I've also theorised over Gourgeist as a potential spinblocker with STAB Shadow Sneak and its extremely bulky for HP and Defense. What do you think about the haunted plants?

All right, why the hell are we comparing Dragalge and Noivern? They're completely different pokemon who have 2 similarities; part dragon, and higher SpA than Atk. Their playing styles are completely different and comparing them is like comparing Lucario to Magnazone. I don't care who's better. Neither will probably see much OU action.

I've heard people speculate that Trevenant will make OU, as its bulky, has a strong Atk. stat, STAB Wood Hammer, Harvest...I could go on. I've also theorised over Gourgeist as a potential spinblocker with STAB Shadow Sneak and its extremely bulky for HP and Defense. What do you think about the haunted plants?
Trevenant definitely has a niche in OU. Gourgeist does as well, but it'll face harder competition. Spinblocking isn't enough to warrant a spot on a team by itself (especially with Defog and Aegislash out there), so it'll have to become popular via its stall sets and utility sets. I think they're both OU viable, but I am not sure they'll get the usage to be tiered OU.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
All right, why the hell are we comparing Dragalge and Noivern? They're completely different pokemon who have 2 similarities; part dragon, and higher SpA than Atk. Their playing styles are completely different and comparing them is like comparing Lucario to Magnazone. I don't care who's better. Neither will probably see much OU action.

Trevenant definitely has a niche in OU. Gourgeist does as well, but it'll face harder competition. Spinblocking isn't enough to warrant a spot on a team by itself (especially with Defog and Aegislash out there), so it'll have to become popular via its stall sets and utility sets. I think they're both OU viable, but I am not sure they'll get the usage to be tiered OU.
Trevenant DEFINITELY has a place in OU. It thrives not as a spinblocker, but a defensive Ghost-type and Grass-type, and sometimes a status absorber.

Gourgeist is bulkier, and learns Fire Blast for opposing Grass and Steel mons. It's the bulkier of the two, but the lack of Harvest and Natural Cure kinda leaves it overshadowed by Trevenant.

I see enough Trevenant on the ladder, that I can see it being OU. It's very good as a bulky ghost and Harvest+Sitrus Berry+Leech Seed+WoW is super-annoying.

Incidentally, I see a lot more Mandibuzz than I remember seeing, and it's surprisingly pretty hard to take down too.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Who says Trevenant can't thrive as a spinblocker? STAB Horn Leech + Harvest Sitrus Berry + Will-O-Wisp gives it favorable matchups against all the spinners. Heck, it's also the spinblocker with the best matchup against Mega-Blastoise (and Starmie), so that shouldn't be discounted.

I really like Dragalge, but I don't see it being OU. It's too slow and dies from anything with a physical attack. Its usage stats in 1850 certainly don't betray OU-ness, however early they are. Once Adaptability gets released though (or has it been already?) I imagine it'll be a pretty potent wall-breaker in UU.
No it hasn't been released yet nor has Rock Head Tyrunt..

It's not as good because it trades speed for spD, and it doesn't have that much of bulk otherwise.
Meanwhile, Noivern sits at a pretty important speed tier, outspeeding greninja by just 2 points (123 base to 122 LOL).

Greninja, Talonflame, Aegislash and Goodra(will sit on the border though at around 3% usage like Metagross did). I have no clue what will happen with Sylveon, it could barely have enough usage like I predict Goodra to. Klefki I think will be prett low tiered but effective in all(like Smeargle) and Trevanant might be UU with some usage.

Greninja, Talonflame, Aegislash and Goodra(will sit on the border though at around 3% usage like Metagross did). I have no clue what will happen with Sylveon, it could barely have enough usage like I predict Goodra to. Klefki I think will be prett low tiered but effective in all(like Smeargle) and Trevanant might be UU with some usage.
Talonflame, aegislash, and greninja will be top 20 threats I would assume. Goodra, sylveon, klefki, and trevenant will all be borderline OU, UU. Greninja has the mewtwo effect. It will be used more than it should (not to say that its not OU worthy) because its well liked.

We're missing out on Noivern's place in this. Despite not making OU, he'll still be extremely viable there to revenge kill drags, and other Pokes like even Mega Luke (does Extremespeed 2HKO, or OHKO Noivern?). He'll be a pretty top threat in OU

And what about Zygarde? He does look like a slower, less attacking power version of Garchomp, but he can boost with Dragon Dance (the move that could've put Garchomp back in Uber if he had it), and he also has priority in Extremespeed. His typing and stats could also make him a decent Physical wall. Where does Zygarde stand in all of this?

I'm double posting for different Pokes. Last one: Florges. Florges is faster than Sylveon and is also quite the Special tank. He also has a fair enough Sp.A. to do damage, with grass type moves that can shut down water types. Florges' real niche will be as a supporter, as he can Toxic, Wish pass etc. If we are saying Sylveon can make OU, then why not Florges?

I'm double posting for different Pokes. Last one: Florges. Florges is faster than Sylveon and is also quite the Special tank. He also has a fair enough Sp.A. to do damage, with grass type moves that can shut down water types. Florges' real niche will be as a supporter, as he can Toxic, Wish pass etc. If we are saying Sylveon can make OU, then why not Florges?
Because Florges is just Sylveon with less HP.

Florges and Sylveon do the exact same thing: team support/special wall. Florges will run Moon Blast / Wish / Protect / Aromatherapy while, post Pokebank, Sylveon will run Hypervoice (with Pixilate) / Wish / Protect / Heal Bell. Pixilate boosts Hypervoice to base 117 before stab. Even though Florges has marginally higher special attack, Sylveon will out damage because it's using a stronger move. Sylveons higher HP stat also makes up for the lower special defense and means it can pass larger wishes than Florges. At this point in time, they're equal. But once Poketransfer comes out, Sylveon will be the superior choice. Whatever tier Sylveon ends up in, Florges will most likely be in the tier below it.

And what about Zygarde? He does look like a slower, less attacking power version of Garchomp, but he can boost with Dragon Dance (the move that could've put Garchomp back in Uber if he had it), and he also has priority in Extremespeed. His typing and stats could also make him a decent Physical wall. Where does Zygarde stand in all of this?
Bulky coil sets seem to be what its best at. Ir is a very solid poke in my opinion. It needs a little bit more team support than something like garchomp, but it ismore of a sweeper than garchomp ever was. e speed is great for the coil set to make up for lost speed and zygarde does boast perfectly accurate stone edge and a solid stab earthquake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)