A Lamprey Ate My Homework

FAIL PICTURE FOR SMOGON UBERS RAIN ARTICLE.
EXCEPT NOBODY USES JIRACHI IN UBERS RAIN THESE DAYS DESPITE SG WATER PULSE AND THUNDER.
ENJOY.
DON'T SUE ME.
ALSO YES I KNOW IT'S A PIECE OF CRAP WHAT DID YOUE XPECT I CAN'T DO COLOUR.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
lol I like this pic. Using markers as a medium is actually quite refreshing.

I personally hate the way Kyogre's colour draws the eye before Jirachi does.
And the awkward shape of Thundurus' head, too~
Nyah....

I actually love the picture you just drew for the rain article! It's adorable and has so much personality! The only thing I can really say is it might look somewhat better with more color. I don't think you're bad at coloring at all (your fossil mons were adorable!), so yeah. Why not just give it a go? Even if your coloring DOES come out sucky (not likely), you'll still have the saved image of the pre-colored version already up on display :toast:

hmmm...maybe....just, I have a tendency to screw things up and it'd be hard to keep the light source going with colour, plus I did it in manga pen/marker so I'm not sure if I should keep the IRL one the same or what...
But thankies for the comment, and I'll honestly consider it!
*wishes everything was black white and grey*
*is dull*

everything is grey, the image is nice but there's no balance, the left side is really heavy compared to the right and Kyogre been the only one with a bright color doesn't help, changing starmie could help this (having starmie on the right, from back and having some color would help you balancing sides) considering Jirachi is the central piece you could color him completely, i actually like how thundurus looks but having no color makes them less appealing, keep going on :3

I personally hate the way Kyogre's colour draws the eye before Jirachi does.
And the awkward shape of Thundurus' head, too~
Nyah....
if you want to try to fix it you could try enhancing Jirachi's color so that it pops out more. It could be good practice in shading for you.

It's actually not as bad as you think it is.

I tried to salvage it...as soon as I did Kyogre before I regretted it, but I didn't want to spoil Jirachi's shading...
I tried something out...
But I'm sure everybody knows by now I like using drab shades. XD

And here it is...

You said it wouldn't be worse, Lanturn? It is. XD

I think the problem is there's nothing ON the right side, and I don't know if my digital editing program is pro enough to move Starmie to the right side (MediaImpression is all I got (_ _)*).
And now Jirachi has measles, there's a stroke of wonky rain under it and I was too stupid to use something outside of my originally intentional limited pallete. I think it's beyond hope now. *this is why digital art is so much better*
I NEED A TABLET!

Also, the original during a thunderstrike:

And if you want, though I can't get them by themselves and they're wonky, 2 WHOPPING ENTRIES FOR MY DRAW EVERY POKEMON.

T^T I think I'm just humiliating myself now.

I think it (the Drizzle picture) looks much better with the new colouring, good job. :) I particularly like the little Manaphy. Cute sketches too.

I don't think you'll find it very easy to move Starmie on the rainy version, even with something like Photoshop (it would be easy with the original), but I think it's fine as it is -- you'd probably know better about the composition, though. The new version is busy as it is on both sides now.

I don't want to lose the shading or the details, so I think I might leave it as a pencil sketch. I'm most comfortable working in pencil, and so I'd like to keep it sketchy and more detailed. If enough people want me to, then...I think I like it as is, even though you can see a bunch of sloppy errors or lack of detail.
Also, thanks for the compliment, ^^;;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)