1. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules.
  2. Want real-time art feedback? Want to meet YILX FIRST PLACE ARTIST? Come chat with us in the studio's IRC channel! Log onto #smeargle on SynIRC, or click this link to visit us via mibbit!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  4. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Art for Articles

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Studio' started by macle, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macle

macle ribbit
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Co-Leader

Approved by Alchemator and Fatecrashers

Hello Smeargle's Studio!

Ever wanted to be do more with your art then just put it up for display in your thread? Ever wanted to contribute your art to the site and perhaps earn yourself a shiny new badge? Well this is your chance!

C&C is teaming up with Smeargle's Studio to produce art for its various articles. We intend to accept a wide variety of submissions, and many articles could use multiple pieces of art! As a disclaimer of sorts, we (we being both the Smeargle's Studio and C&C staff) reserve the right to reject any piece of art for any reason, but don't let this discourage you from contributing. How this is going to work is we have an index of sorts, you ask to do art for an article in the index, it gets approved (your reservation will simply be noted in the OP if approved, your post will be deleted/responded to if rejected), and then you submit your work to this thread with a link to the article this is for, whether it be an on site article or a thread. Now we expect these reservation posts to be sort of an "idea" post; not just "I'll take this one," as many people may have good ideas, and we may not limit it to only one accepted! Also, feel free to contact the author (on IRC, forum PM, or some other predetermined medium; though IRC would probably be the easiest) to bounce ideas around. Although, for older articles, the author may not be active anymore; or interested, for that matter. We aren't really going to be strict with deadlines, but please try to get your submissions in in a timely manner.

Also note that authors are subject to change, so if you find the linked thread in the Locked/Outdated analyses forum please notify me! (When an author changes hands the thread is moved to LoA and a new one posted with the same content). In addition to this, not all articles in the index may be eligible for art; it depends how creative you are.

edit: In addition please specify exactly what article you want by linking to it. There are quite a few guides with the same name but for different generations.

Here is the format the index will follow:
    article / assigned artist(s) / link to submission(s)

Index:

BW 2 Changes
    Intro to Smogon Tiers
    Tournament Guide
    Technician HP
    Uber stall
    LC Move Legality
    LC Speed Tiers
    VGC Speed Tiers
    RU threat list

BW Ingame Tiers
    Glitches
    Move Tutors
    DPP tips
    HGSS Tips
    Pal Park
    Colo + XD tm locations
    EVS and IVS
    FrLg Ingame tiers - Andrew ✓
    GSC tips
    GSC Tm locations
    Intro To 5th Gen wifi
    Capture BW Legends
    DW Guide
    Capturing DP Legends
    EV Manual
    Breeding Guide Part III
    Breeding Guide Part IV
    Capturing FrLg Legends
    Capturing RSE Legends
    Ev Training in emerald
    Ev training in FrLg
    Battle Pyramid
    DP Battle Tower Pokemon
    DP Battle tower intro
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
  2. Nastyjungle

Nastyjungle fat and sassy
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

hi would like to take the baton pass article

will probably do something rather generic with one of the passers mentioned in the article passing to a recipient mentioned in the article

will try to do more if i have the time
  3. V0x

V0x I stay out too late
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

You missed this (Trick Room) Article. I assume it's still valid since I haven't been contacted otherwise and it hasn't been moved.

also I want to do something for gravity like a physical attacker EQing a Skamory to oblivion with cool gravity-like lines/shading

^kinda got missed twice so I'll post again

4. RitterCat

RitterCat
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

the rain article would be fun to do

i'll probably do something generic with politoed looking happy under a massive thunderstorm
  5. Danmire

Danmire Ain't no mountain high enough
    is an Artist Alumnus

I'd like to take on the Uber Speed tier, if it's alright.

love doing fast sketchy art.
  6. Great Sage

Great Sage

I would like to thank any and all artists who give this a shot. Remember that this art doesn't necessarily have to be humorous, and in fact you shouldn't overload on the funnies. It just has to look good and be relevant.
  7. firecape

firecape This is the end...
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Guys please specify what generation you are looking for! I got Rittercat's and Nastyjungle's because it was before I updated wth gen4 but danmire I have no clue what generation uber speed tier guide you want!
  8. Arkeis

Arkeis (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ (formerly aragornbird)
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I'll do 5th gen Uber Offense.
  9. V0x

V0x I stay out too late
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I want to draw on 5th Gen Gravity like maybe something abusing EQ
  10. chocolate-kipp

chocolate-kipp

Could I reserve 5th Gen OU Threat List? I'm probably just gonna do something really simple though lol.
  11. Danmire

Danmire Ain't no mountain high enough
    is an Artist Alumnus

Sorry Firecape, it's that I edited it to specify it, but Smogon always shuts down on me when I try to load the forums!

I'm going to get 5th Gen Uber Speed tiers.
  12. Pravinoz

Pravinoz

Wow...This is awesome...
    I'll see what I can do!

Edit:Probably the 5th gen Arceus one
  13. macle

macle ribbit
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Co-Leader

4th gen sand article

pokemon playing in a sand box
  14. Komodo

Komodo I have a custom title?
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I don't have any artwork you can go by, but is there any chance I could have a go at the 4th Generation Baton Pass article?

As for ideas, I'd probably do something similar to a relay race with a baton with some Pokemon who can learn it. Maybe something simpler though :)
  15. JarardoMartino

JarardoMartino

Could I please reserve the 5th Gen Status Article?
    Edit:
    I was thinking of drawing a bunch of pokemon waiting in the ER with most of the statuses inflicted upon them (like burn victim for burn, wheelchair for paralysis, frost bite for freeze, straightjacket for confusion, poisoning for poison, etc.) do they all have to be 5th gen pokemon or atleast viable in 5th gen?
  16. firecape

firecape This is the end...
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Guys for articles that aren't obvious in terms of art (like the 4th gen sandstorm one was extremely obvious) please add what you are thinking of. There's really no point in making a reservation if you have no ideas so please post them!
  17. BinarySolo

BinarySolo

Could I please reserve 4th Gen Rain? I'm thinking I'll have a Ludicolo using a sort of generic Water-type move. I'm probably not describing it very well haha, here's a WIP.
  18. paintseagull

paintseagull pink wingull
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderator

I'd like to reserve Gen 5 LC Threatlist
    Idea: Cute and small pokemon trying to look fierce
    It's what I do

Also eyeing the weather ones but I'll just reserve this for now
  19. LeviLamprey

LeviLamprey

I would do one except I don't think pencil drawing overlayed with manga pen without a scanner is going to look in the right place on an article heading. That said, I have a Whimsicott picture I could use for leads, and I love drawing Pokemon using Taunt, so...if a) my dodgy digital art program will work or b) handdrawn pics are acceptable and actually VISIBLE. However, if nobody applies for the Leads article I would be happy to do stuff (coloured etc for visibility if necessary, and of a higher quality than my lazy sketches) for it. *me feels VASTLY inferior*
  20. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio @Fighting Necktie
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I want to reserve OU Speed Tier
  21. Yilx

Yilx Sad
    is an Artistis a Smogon IRC AOP

Would like to reserve UU Threats and OU Hail if possible! Have ideas for both.
  22. Al_Alchemist

Al_Alchemist Physics and Math \O/
    is a SPL Winner

I'd like to reserve LC Speed Tiers. My idea is to do a picture of Buneary being outsped by a Tirtouga who just Shell Smash'd, with the broken shell behind them. Possibly with more background, like a track race with other LC Pokemon spectators.
  23. Oglemi

Oglemi We broke it. Yes, we were naughty. Completely naughty.
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

Just posting to say holy crap BinarySolo that is amazing please do more
  24. Nastyjungle

Nastyjungle fat and sassy
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

can be resized as needed etc etc
    for this article

[​IMG]

edit: well since i got that done pretty fast i'd like the 5th gen Dream World Guide article as well, will probably draw a pokemon dreaming about berries or something similar
  25. blastoiseboy19

blastoiseboy19

What is te quality of art needed here? Would nasty be on the high end, low, or middle? I'm getting better with gimp and need to know what my objectives are.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)