Data Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (ASB Version)

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Critical Hits:

A critical hit adds 3 damage to any attack before applying weakness and resistance. Critical hits ignore Reflect and Light Screen, ignore the Base Attack Power drop from the Burn status, and only apply stat boosts if positive boosts exceed negative boosts. Super Luck doubles the Critical Hit Stage of a Pokemon, and Sniper increases the damage dealt by critical hits to 5 instead of 3.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
That, too, is an ASB change last I checked. I'm not "I have proof" certain, though, so you might want a second opinion.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, actually Bulbapedia has conflicting evidence on this. The page on crits does say it just increases by 1, however, the page on Super Luck stated it doubles the crit rate, but ignoring item boosts, implying it is +1 for most moves, but adds additional stages for high crit ratio moves, and moves after Focus Energy. Which page is correct though, I do not know.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
Of course you can; I did. As long as you don't turn it into a penis or something equally asinine, you should be good.

Well, actually Bulbapedia has conflicting evidence on this. The page on crits does say it just increases by 1, however, the page on Super Luck stated it doubles the crit rate, but ignoring item boosts, implying it is +1 for most moves, but adds additional stages for high crit ratio moves, and moves after Focus Energy. Which page is correct though, I do not know.
Veekun says only +1 stage too, though Veekun has been wrong before.

EDIT: The Bulbapedia page on Super Luck says it doubles critical hit frequency not critical hit stage. A high crit move has 12.5% chance of critting, and double that is 25%, which is the same as +1 to crit stage. The only time that would imply +2 to crit stage is if the move without Super Luck already has a 25% chance of critting (so a normal crit rate move while affected by Focus Energy or a high crit move under the effects of a crit-boosting item).

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
Like I said; I'm pretty sure it's an ASB change. As in, I've seen the 33% bandied about before; I just have to remember where.

Also consider, regeneration regains 1/3 of health in-game 10 Hp here, there are OHKO moves that OHKO, entry hazzard can cost up to half your life, etc...

so it's not really an enormous change that Super luck gets an extra 1/12 chance of criting

The reason I brought it up is because the current description for Super Luck actually cites Serebii as a source for the crit stage being doubled, which is what makes me thing this is not an ASB change.

Just waiting on my approval before I can start.

Is using Teleport as an evasive manuever legal?
EX: If Sneasel uses Night Slash, dodge with Teleport and then use whatever actions you have left.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
Are Recovery moves, such as Morning Sun or Recover; really considered viable in ASB? The exorbitant En costs and limitation on uses seem to learn towards "no".

Am I missing something obvious?

There are three types of battles: Offensive spamming wars, stall wars, and balanced fights that don't quite it into either. In balanced, Recovery can stall a KO for an action, which is sometimes very helpful. In stall, the lack of a fast loss of HP and the critical need to preserve energy makes them somewhat useless. In offense, where HP is lost much faster than energy, recovery moves are most useful, provided the opponent isn't doing 20+ Damage an action

If he uses a fighting attack after scratch replace that actions with Counter
Would this be a legal substtution? One person thinks that it is, but the other says that it has to mention a specific Fighting attack.

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It is an illegal Substitution.
Originally Posted by Fat Referee Training Grounds
For each of their Pokemon, a Player acting first may create a substitution based on one specific Attack or Command the opponent can issue and substitute their called actions. This conditional can only be triggered by one of the opponent's actions, however it may apply to multiple consecutive actions for the trainer's Pokemon in that round.
Bolding is mine.

"IF opponent uses Cross Chop, THEN use Explosion" = Legal

"IF opponent uses a Fighting-type move, THEN use Explosion" = Illegal

What's with all the CAP pokemon (even in their first forms) having such ridiculously high stats? I'm fighting against a Monohm with (nature boosted) 4 Sp. Atk.

What's with all the CAP pokemon (even in their first forms) having such ridiculously high stats? I'm fighting against a Monohm with (nature boosted) 4 Sp. Atk.
Well, CAPs were designed to be very good in the first place. Remember, they are all top-tier competitive Pokemon. However, Rank 4 is not high given a +Special Attack nature. All you need is the correct nature and a Base 61 or higher stat. Almost all decent fully un-evolved Pokemon have one or more stats higher than 61, so the CAPs aren't outliers by any stretch of the word.

CAP pokemon have naturally high stats, sorry about that, but other "normal" pokemon have them too, like abra and solosis SpA

Is there a restriction on how many RPs you can have going at the same time? I was wondering, because I am in a Raid, I am waiting for a Battle Hall ref, and I kind of want to do the Battle Subway right now. I have enough Pokemon do do all these and the battles I am in, so I was just wondering if there is some sort of rule.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)