Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guessing the guy was talking about what causes Tyroge to evolve the way it does?

Atk>Def is Hitmonlee
Def>Atk is Hitmonchan
Atk=Def is Hitmontop

I might have Lee/Chan mixed up but you get the Idea, if your talking about abilities it's random and the evolutions dont keep Tyrogue's abilities, each have 2 Abilites that are chosen at Random, not sure if you can SR for the one you want.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/236.shtml A bit of info on Tyrouge.

Which ability evolves into which on Tyrogue?
If you're talking about what ability each of the Hitmons will get upon evolution:

It depends on the PID (i.e. a randomly generated number) of the Tyrogue. If that number is even, the Pokemon will have its first ability; otherwise it will have the second.

I've been trying to find which is the first ability and which is the second within the game's code, but Google seems to have failed me. Here is what I think happens:

For a Tyrogue generated in DPPt:
  • A Guts Tyrogue will evolve into
    • a Limber Hitmonlee
    • a Keen Eye Hitmonchan
    • an Intimidate Hitmontop
  • A Steadfast Tyrogue will evolve into
    • a Reckless Hitmonlee
    • an Iron Fist Hitmonchan
    • a Technician Hitmontop >>the one I'm most sure of
If it was generated in 3rd gen, then there's no way (as far as I know) to tell until it actually evolves since Tyrogue's only ability is Guts.

Could someone please confirm the abilities? I don't want to mislead anyone.

I still haven't gotten an answer to my question. How does Magic Guard interact with Confusion and Attraction? Does it prevent them from "fully confused/attracted" in the same way it prevents Paralysis from "fully paralyzing", does it merely prevent Confusion from inflicting damage upon oneself, or does it do nothing to either status?
It doesn't prevent your Magic Guard pokemon from hitting itself(= not attacking the foe) but it does stop the damage you would receive without Magic Guard.The chance of being in love also stays the same as with every other pokemon.You can see it in all action in this warstory http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48440

Also, I have another question that I've been pondering for several days. Does Trick Room affect the power of Gyro Ball? I don't believe Trick Room affects the actual Speed Stats, so Gyro Ball should still do the same power, but I just want to make sure that it is the way I believe.
The power of Gyro Ball stays the same, with or without TR

Alrighty, thanks much for the answers, die etr! I actually read that war story not that long ago, but for some reason I never noticed the Clefable not taking the damage. >.>

ARGH

What format does the avatar have to be in... I am trying to put in a small (not annoying) animated gif, but no matter what extension I give it, it won't work. .gif, .mov, .jpg... none of them work. It is 8 kb, 80 x 80 dimensions. Can someone help with this :)
please... this little mutalisk is the best I could get, but I want this.

If you're talking about what ability each of the Hitmons will get upon evolution:

It depends on the PID (i.e. a randomly generated number) of the Tyrogue. If that number is even, the Pokemon will have its first ability; otherwise it will have the second.

I've been trying to find which is the first ability and which is the second within the game's code, but Google seems to have failed me. Here is what I think happens:

For a Tyrogue generated in DPPt:
  • A Guts Tyrogue will evolve into
    • a Limber Hitmonlee
    • a Keen Eye Hitmonchan
    • an Intimidate Hitmontop
  • A Steadfast Tyrogue will evolve into
    • a Reckless Hitmonlee
    • an Iron Fist Hitmonchan
    • a Technician Hitmontop >>the one I'm most sure of
If it was generated in 3rd gen, then there's no way (as far as I know) to tell until it actually evolves since Tyrogue's only ability is Guts.

Could someone please confirm the abilities? I don't want to mislead anyone.
Sorry that my question was a bit unclear, but you've answered it. Thanks COTH!

If you want to Max out Physical Defense: 160 HP / 136 Def / 212 Spe
If you want to Max out Special Defense: 44 HP / 252 SpD / 212 Spe
If you want a nice middle point: 252 HP / 60 SpD / 212 Spe
75% Def - 25% SpD: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 Spe
75% SpD - 25 Def: 84 HP / 212 SpD / 212 Spe

Hope that gives you a nice selection =D

If you want to Max out Physical Defense: 160 HP / 136 Def / 212 Spe
If you want to Max out Special Defense: 44 HP / 252 SpD / 212 Spe
If you want a nice middle point: 252 HP / 60 SpD / 212 Spe
75% Def - 25% SpD: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 Spe
75% SpD - 25 Def: 84 HP / 212 SpD / 212 Spe

Hope that gives you a nice selection =D
Is this Jolly or Impish nature?

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Magnet Rise doesn't actually change it's users ability to Levitate, despite what it says in-game. It just makes the user immune to ground attacks, so yes, Magnezone does keep Magnet Pull while it is under the effects of Magnet Rise.

What is the best HP grass with the lowest Speed IV? Or could someone give me a database or something so I don't have to keep asking for low speed HP's?

Just a quick breeding question since Sceptile learns Leaf Storm as a Level-Up move if I breed a Female knowing Leaf Storm Sceptile with anything in the dragon/monster egg Group will the baby Treecko have it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)