Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 19 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm correct, you have to give a pokémon maximum 11 of each EV reducing berries to make sure all it EV's are zero?

If I'm correct, you have to give a pokémon maximum 11 of each EV reducing berries to make sure all it EV's are zero?
Yep. The first berry reduces the EVs to 100. Each berry after that subtracts 10 EVs.

Can somebody link me to Surgo's post made a few years back on team construction and formulating a strategy when making a team? Or was that wiped out in one of the purges?

Say I pull my parent A out of the daycare would my parent B become my Parent A and then I place a new parent into the daycare then would that newly placed parent become Parent B?

What is the "box trick" or whatever that is used to make it so that Lv. 50 legends can be EV'd without being leveled up?

Say I pull my parent A out of the daycare would my parent B become my Parent A and then I place a new parent into the daycare then would that newly placed parent become Parent B?
The Daycare Checker leads me to believe so, but I'm not sure why that would matter.

Yep. If you pull out parent A, then parent B moves up to the A slot, so if you re-insert B they essentially switch places.
So is it as simple as depositing and withdrawing after the training is complete? Sorry if I missed something.
You got it. I usually deposit, log out of the PC, then pick it up but I don't know if this is necessary. This is also helpful if you have a fully trained Pokemon at level 30 or something, and just want to use Rare Candies to level up. If you "settle" the EVs using the box trick, you don't have to worry about EV's not being taken into account when using Rare Candies.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
I think this is the place to ask....

why is ho-oh not being tested in suspect? Don't these sets counter ho-oh?

Swampert@leftovers
{relaxed}
evs: 252 hp / 140 def / 116 atk
-sleep talk
-rest
-waterfall/earthquake
-stone edge

Choice band adamant return does an average of 40% to this swampert a 3hko after stealth rocks and leftovers, and swampert hits back with stone edge doing a minimum of 104% to 4/0 ho-oh. When burned by sacred fire swampert can still ko after stealth rock damages. WAterfall is there purely for the sake of countering ho-oh when asleep, and earthquake is there for practicality in real battling

Hariyama@leftovers
{thick fat}
evs: 252 hp / 252 def / 4 atk
-stone edge
-cross chop / force palm / fighting move
-rest
-sleep talk

Stone edge does a minimum of 105%, when burned 52%
, which is a ko after stealth rocks, and a ko with no stealth rocks and not burned. Max attack CB return does a maximum of 43%, which after stealth rocks and leftovers is a 3hko.

Suspect testing is a more complicated process than "does it have counters". The ho-oh question has been raised before, and it will be given more discussion. (This is pure speculation and a wild guess but HG/SS might give him some more options. Why test ho-oh 1.5 when 2 is on the way? ;] )

Does anyone here have a male Togepi/Togetic that knows Wish or is below level 28? Don't tell me "I don't have one" because Cynthia gives you an egg that contains a Togepi, unless you release it for whatever reason or it's female (which is only a 12% chance).

I tried using some damage calculators, but I was never realy sure about the final outcome. If I have a Scizor with Technician and holding a Metronome, how does Furry Cutter work?

Does anyone here have a male Togepi/Togetic that knows Wish or is below level 28? Don't tell me "I don't have one" because Cynthia gives you an egg that contains a Togepi, unless you release it for whatever reason or it's female (which is only a 12% chance).
Try HERE and try to be a little more polite.

I tried using some damage calculators, but I was never realy sure about the final outcome. If I have a Scizor with Technician and holding a Metronome, how does Furry Cutter work?
I think Fury Cutter's BP is 10 * 2^x * (1 + 0.1y), not factoring STAB or anything like that. where x is each hit of Fury Cutter without missing (regardless if they are consecutive or not) and y is each time you select of Fury Cutter (regardless if it misses or not). x maxes out at 4, while y maxes out at 20. At the first hit, x and y are 0. So after the 21st consecutive hit (where both consecutive selections and all of them hitting matter), the BP of Fury Cutter is 10 * 2^4 * (1 + 0.1(20)) = 10 * 160 * 3 = 4800 without STAB. But don't get your hopes up. ;-)

EDIT: Nevermind, Smogon did say +200%, but whatever.

EDIT2: Oops, when did 2^4 become 160, my brain was broken when I wrote that.

4800? That doesn't sound right...

Okay, let's take STAB out of this scenario for a bit and assume that Scizor hits with Fury Cutter 11 times in a row.

1st hit: 10 * 1.5 = 15 BP, 1x Metronome boost
2nd hit: 20 * 1.5 = 30 BP, 1.1x boost
3rd hit: 40 * 1.5 = 60 BP, 1.2x boost
4th hit: 80 BP (less than 60 BP, so no Technician boost), 1.3x boost
5th hit: 160 BP (max), 1.4x boost
etc.
etc.
11th hit: 160 BP, 2x boost (max)

At the end, you'll have a 160 BP attack that inflicts double damage thanks to Metronome. But good luck getting off that many Fury Cutters, much less hitting with all of them.

Where does stab come into the equation? I'm basicaly trying to figure out if i could use furry cutter w/ sweeping potential, instead of bullet punch/pursuit. I know it doesn't have priority or perfect accuracy, but if it can get through a wall more easily than swords danced bullet punches, it may be worth a try...

STAB occurs at the end of the damage calculation. I guess you'll be wanting to see the formula.

Fury Cutter as a means of sweeping probably won't work. A Life Orb Bullet Punch (60 BP, 1.3x boost) will do a lot more damage than a Metronome Fury Cutter for the first three hits, which means it will be easier for Scizor to sweep. You'll have a 77% chance of hitting with a Fury Cutter that hits harder than Bullet Punch, and of course, one miss means you're back to the weak 15 BP attack. Personally, I wouldn't take that risk.

I need a set for Heal Bell Altaria...
For the longest time I was using Dragon Claw/Heal Bell/Roost/ Dragon Dance...

Should I go for a sweeper or a staller? Which nature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)