Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 19 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to the vs. seeker in Diamond and Pearl, is there a way to get the trainers you re-challenge to level up the pokemon they use? I know that some trainers, when rechallenged, have higher level pokemon. Serebii.net has a great guide outlining which trainers will have level increases when you rechallenge them, but the problem is that several of the trainers I'm vs. seeker-ing won't increase their levels when I beat them. I am not quite sure what to do here, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last time I checked, it's impossible to softreset for the legendary birds unless you're implying that I should beat the game a couple thousand times until I get a good one...

Heal Bell: Mareep, Altaria, Lapras
Baton Pass: Hypno, Swellow
Refresh: Salamence
Tri Attack: Togepi
Charm: Spheal, Swinub, and Vulpix
1. Should I shoot for Baton Pass Lunatone or Solrock?
2. Are Sing Mawile or Snorunt at all worth it?
3. Is Sweet Kiss useful at all?

Anything else?

1: Yes.
2: Short of a gimmicky Sing/Dream Eater Froslass, no.
3: Unless the Pokemon in question can learn Confuse Ray. And even then, Swagger is more available and more accurate.

1: Yes.
2: Short of a gimmicky Sing/Dream Eater Froslass, no.
3: Unless the Pokemon in question can learn Confuse Ray. And even then, Swagger is more available and more accurate.
1. I was asking more along the lines of which one!
Lunatone is prettier but it's a bitch to softreset for because you have to battle another trainer first.

2. There was a Sing Mawile set in the analysis...
3. Sweet Kiss Delcatty and Roselia come to mind

In regards to the vs. seeker in Diamond and Pearl, is there a way to get the trainers you re-challenge to level up the pokemon they use? I know that some trainers, when rechallenged, have higher level pokemon. Serebii.net has a great guide outlining which trainers will have level increases when you rechallenge them, but the problem is that several of the trainers I'm vs. seeker-ing won't increase their levels when I beat them. I am not quite sure what to do here, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
You have to pass certain checkpoints in the game before some trainers level up their Pokémon. I'm not sure how many checkpoints there are, but I believe that one of them is defeating the Elite Four, and another is catching/defeating Heatran.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
What are the chances that an attack will hit if the target has Sand Veil and is holding Brightpowder?
It depends on the Accuracy of the move.

If the Accuracy is 100, then its 20% Of Sand Veil, meaning it has 80% chance, then a 10% from BP, making it 72%.

Correct me if im wrong please.

Edit: Crap beaten by 5 seconds -.-

whats a better nature on lead ape, naive or hasty?
It's not a huge deal because he has fairly paper defenses anyways, but for what it's worth, Naive is better than Hasty, simply because more leads use Physical attacks then Special Attacks. Out of the top 10 leads last month, only Azelf, occasionally Swampert, and Infernape use Special attacks (and they all usually use Physical Attacks as well), while Metagross, Jirachi, Aerodactyl, Hippowdon, Ninjask, Bronzong, and Tyranitar all almost exclusively use Physical attacks.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
I usually go with Naive to take priority moves like Ice Shard and Bullet Punch better, since there arent a lot of special leads.
But thats just me.

Edit: Now i got beaten by 2 seconds...

I sure hope this doesn't go against the rules, but reading through I've seen other questions like this.

I just need a quick advice:

I'm trying to put together a couple of weather teams (sandstorm team right now) and am torn on whether I should have a Probopass (base Def/SpDf: 145/155) or a Regirock (base Def/SpDf: 200/100) as my wall and/or tank. They both have excellent movepools IMO and so are their abilities. Clear Body IS a pretty good one in case they use Metal Sound or Screech. Magnet Pull good for stalling. Sturdy to stop Explosion, of course. On one hand, I like the idea of a balanced Pokemon defense-wise. On the other, I've read than Physical Sweepers are more common that Special Sweepers. I like Regi simply because he's a legendary (and looks SO much better), but has more weaknesses. I'm planning to have Iron Defense/Curse, Rest, Stone Edge/Power Gem, and a filler (possibly Toxic) for either of them.

Note that I am new at the whole metagaming thing. I lost my Diamond last year and have lost the enthusiasm for Pokemon ever since. I'm planning to get Platinum and Shoddy Battle 2. (PS, how DO you get that?)

EDIT: Can Shuckle learn priority moves?

With Gratitude,
Dream_Team

1. I was asking more along the lines of which one!
Lunatone is prettier but it's a bitch to softreset for because you have to battle another trainer first.

2. There was a Sing Mawile set in the analysis...
3. Sweet Kiss Delcatty and Roselia come to mind
I can't start playing until SOMEONE can answer my questions...

1. Which is better as a baton passer... as in which should I soft reset for Lunatone or Solrock?

2. If I find a well ived Sing Mawile, could it be competitive?
3. Would Sweet Kiss Delcatty or Roselia be worth their softresets?

Shoddy Battle 2. (PS, how DO you get that?)

EDIT: Can Shuckle learn priority moves?

With Gratitude,
Dream_Team
It's not released yet.

No.

Go with Regirock. It may have more weaknesses, but it doesn't have x4 weaknesses like Probopass on commonly used moves. Switching isn't as common in doubles, so Magnet Pull isn't as useful (not to mention Probopass can't do much to common steels). Sturdy is kind of useful, but since you x4 resist the move it's not as useful to Probopass as Clear Body is to Regirock, since you should be Cursing up and using Rock Slide as a more reliable move that can even hit both opponents using Regirock.

And if you ask it in here, the responses will be a lot kinder if it's not appropriate or allowed than if you make a separate thread. ;D

I just need a quick advice
Magnezone can acheive the same results as Probopass(Trap steels and stuff) and has a nifty dragon resistance. and as mentioned, Probopass can't do anything to other Steel types. If playing singles, go for Magnet Pull since there usually is OHKO clause enabled.

@Scepticallistic: Thank you very much! Oh, and I was thinking it to be for singles, but it's appreciated anyway.

@Aevealon: Earthquake seems so common a move though. Almost half the standard movesets I know or have read about has Earthquake somewhere in there. I'd be paranoid to put it up against anyone. I guess that's what Magnet Rise is for though...

Another quick question: How common is Scarf TripleTrick Shuckle? (Power Trick, Trick Room, Trick. Could be something I came up with myself. I checked on Serebii and Smogon, as well as forums of sites like IGN and GameFaqs. Nothing came up about having all three moves.)

Second question: Is posting a strategy like that that could be potentially Ubertastically unbeatable on a forum a dumb thing to do?

Another quick question: How common is Scarf TripleTrick Shuckle? (Power Trick, Trick Room, Trick. Could be something I came up with myself. I checked on Serebii and Smogon, as well as forums of sites like IGN and GameFaqs. Nothing came up about having all three moves.)
Looks like you got trolled as to the existence of this one. Shuckle can't even learn Trick Room, and Choice Scarf is possibly the worst item Shuckle can hold.

I can't start playing until SOMEONE can answer my questions...

1. Which is better as a baton passer... as in which should I soft reset for Lunatone or Solrock?

2. If I find a well ived Sing Mawile, could it be competitive?
3. Would Sweet Kiss Delcatty or Roselia be worth their softresets?
1. Solrock could generally pass Calm Minds better than Lunatone, since Solrock has more Defense than Lunatone. It's a case similar to Slowbro and Slowking.

2. Mawile itself isn't a very good pokémon to start with, in my opinion, it wouldn't be that good in NU, even.

3. Roselia, maybe. Delcatty, not so much.

Looks like you got trolled as to the existence of this one. Shuckle can't even learn Trick Room, and Choice Scarf is possibly the worst item Shuckle can hold.
Actually, I was originally planning to have someone before him set up Trick Room. Shuckle will Trick the Scarf on the other guy (and possibly get Leftovers or Life Orb or something, hopefully not another Choice Item) then use Power Trick. Have one good attack, max EVs into (Sp)Def (depending on the attack I choose) and HP, then the rest into the other Def.

I just decided I should put TR on Shuckle to save turns. (Why the hell didn't I check Bulbapedia or Serebii first? I'm a dumbass noob.)

Thank you though for letting me know that.

EDIT: Sorry for so much questions. Is Gyro Ball affected by TR? Meaning, if I have TR up and I have a lower Speed (meaning I go first), is Gyro Ball high in power or low?

I have a friendly match in a month against a friend using a team consisting of Torterra, Togekiss, Lucario, Scyzor, and (maybe) Zapdos, as well as an undecided Pokemon. He doesn't play competitively and pretty much just throws on the best moves he can find. I'm completely new to competitive battling.

Is there something about his party that is completely obvious as a major strength or weakness I should take into consideration when battling him?

@Dream Team: Trick Room has no effect on the power of Gyro Ball.

@Asylum Evermore: One quick glance tells me that 3 of his pokemon (Torterra, Togekiss, Zapdos) are weak to ice and 3 of his pokemon (Torterra, Lucario, Scizor) are weak to fire. And, nothing in that team (so far) resists fire or water. Hope this helps.

I was just looking over the giveaways and some threads say you must be able to redistribute the pokemon at least twice; does that mean clone it somehow?

Edit: Retracting the question... found it in another thread.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
life orb starmie would rip him apart, but after you beat him try and introduce him to competitive battling. Smogon could always use good memebers

I suppose it depends on what you would prefer to counter. Fighting is resisted by Poison, Flying, Bug, and Psychic, while Normal is resisted by only Rock and Steel. Both fail against Ghost...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)