Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 19 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wanna breed Milotic... How should I go sbout doing it?

1. Search for a Feebas on Route 119 in Pokemon Emerald
2. Search for a Feebas within Mount Coronet in Platinum
3. Attempt to get one on the GTS.

4. Suck it up and catch a Heal Bell Altaria from XD.

GTS or the Simple Requests thread on Wifi are much easier than finding a wild Feebas.

I'm trying to breed for an adamant scyther with 31/30 in every stat but spa, but I need help with the Iv chain. I currently have:

Timid Ditto with 31IV hp, 31 IV def, 30 Iv spd, 31 IV spe
Adamant Ditto with 31 IV spe
Male Adamant scyther with 31 IV atk, 31 IV spe.

Can someone tell me what I should do from here?

GTS is the easiest. I don't know what you mean about the XD thing, but IMO Mt. Coronet is the easiest out of the other two, I mean, you can't compare that small piece of water to ALL of Route 119, even if there are 6 spots on Route 119 and 4 in Mt. Coronet.

Competitive-wise, which sweeper Milotic set would be better in OU?
A timid one utilizing Choice Scarf on a timid nature to revenge kill quickly...
A bulky special tank with a Modest nature and a life orb ,creatung high offense coupled with high defense, backed up with recover.

no one answered my question all i got was a search on google... (all of us learned how to do that when we were 6) i tried the two spreads to get an HP fire lanturn on my game but neither worked... help me please.

I'm trying to breed for an adamant scyther with 31/30 in every stat but spa, but I need help with the Iv chain. I currently have:

Timid Ditto with 31IV hp, 31 IV def, 30 Iv spd, 31 IV spe
Adamant Ditto with 31 IV spe
Male Adamant scyther with 31 IV atk, 31 IV spe.

Can someone tell me what I should do from here?
What I'd do is:
Use your male scyther, breed with adamant ditto with everstone until you get a female adamant scyther with max attack and speed.

Then either keep using that or use the male adamant one to breed with the good IVs timid Ditto until you get a tri-flawless male scyther (probably attack, speed, and sp def, since those are easiest to pass on). Then use that to breed with the female dual-flawless adamant until you get a female tri-flawless adamant. Then replace with the better female parent.

After that you can keep repeating the process until you get quad-flawless, and then use those as parents, etc., but keep in mind that only a max of 3 IVs are passed, so getting quad-flawless (and onwards) will take a long time anyway unless you're abusing RNG... or you're lucky.

EDIT: Alternatively, if you want a simpler process, then just use your scyther to breed with the good IVs timid Ditto, until you get a tri-flawless scyther (make sure attack is one of them), then use that to breed with your timid Ditto until you get a quad-flawless scyther, then just use that to breed with the timid Ditto again, but save on each egg and check nature. Once you lock yourself onto an adamant technician one (assuming you want technician), then just keep soft resetting until you get your quint-flawless.

I actually recommend catching one at Mt. Coronet because if you just fish at the edges, you usually end up finding one even though they only show up in 4 tiles.

Competitive-wise, which sweeper Milotic set would be better in OU?
A timid one utilizing Choice Scarf on a timid nature to revenge kill quickly...
A bulky special tank with a Modest nature and a life orb ,creatung high offense coupled with high defense, backed up with recover.
Just got there with two Abras...

1. Should I get a modest feebas or a timid one?
2. Is it possible for Nintendo to discern if a pokemon was caught on an R4 cart?
B. Does this make my actual nintendo event Shaymin null and void?

Guys what's your opinion?
Hitmonchan@SalacBerry
20Hp/150Atk/140SpD/200Spe
Adamant nature

Bulk up
Thunder Punch
Drain Punch

what should the last move be? im considering either bullet punch or fake out. im leaning towards bullet punch for ability bonus, and its a priority move. OR, should i just take up ice punch instead?
In my opinion, Close Combat's better than Drain Punch, since Iron Fist's power up iirc was only 20%, making Drain Punch only a measly 72 BP without factoring STAB, while Close Combat still sits at that high 120 BP. Your Mileage May Vary, since you're using Bulk Up, and I'm assuming you want to retain your Defense boosts.

Now on the main question, it really depends on what you want to hit. Ice Punch and Bullet Punch would be better to hit those Grass switch-ins, though if Water types are that big a deal, Thunder and Bullet Punch would be your better chance.

In other words, I believe: Bulk Up/Ice Punch/Bullet Punch/Close Combat's the better set, though Drain Punch could be thrown over Close Combat. Again, Your Mileage May Vary.

Just got there with two Abras...

1. Should I get a modest feebas or a timid one?
2. Is it possible for Nintendo to discern if a pokemon was caught on an R4 cart?
B. Does this make my actual nintendo event Shaymin null and void?
1. Modest's generally better, since Milotic's not going to outspeed much anytime soon with its 81 BP.
2. If the pokémon's captured in the same manner as a pokémon from the actual game-carts without any sort of tampering from its PID, then Nintendo can't see a problem. The pokémon will be considered legit by Nintendo's guidelines.
B. Not at all.

In my opinion, Close Combat's better than Drain Punch, since Iron Fist's power up iirc was only 20%, making Drain Punch only a measly 72 BP without factoring STAB, while Close Combat still sits at that high 120 BP. Your Mileage May Vary, since you're using Bulk Up, and I'm assuming you want to retain your Defense boosts.

Now on the main question, it really depends on what you want to hit. Ice Punch and Bullet Punch would be better to hit those Grass switch-ins, though if Water types are that big a deal, Thunder and Bullet Punch would be your better chance.

In other words, I believe: Bulk Up/Ice Punch/Bullet Punch/Close Combat's the better set, though Drain Punch could be thrown over Close Combat. Again, Your Mileage May Vary.
Drain Punch is better for the Bulk Up set. The point is to also raise your defenses and stay in, healing + no defense drops is more beneficial, as the only thing really threatening it (in UU) as far as walling potential goes is Slowbro with Psychic. That said, Ice Punch gives you coverage over water types, Bullet Punch can deal with Swellow and other fast sweepers, and Drain Punch is the main STAB with healing.

If you are soft reseting for Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres how do you do it. When are their nature/ EVs Set? Is it possible (more like practical) to at least soft reset for a good nature on all 3? or are the Natures/IVs all set at once?

If you are soft reseting for Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres how do you do it. When are their nature/ EVs Set? Is it possible (more like practical) to at least soft reset for a good nature on all 3? or are the Natures/IVs all set at once?
Their nature/IVs are set at once when you talk to Oak (in which after you do so they swarm in Sinnoh). You'd better SR for one of them, rather than three. Or if you want, reset (save before talking to Oak) and catch all three and see which one has suitable nature/IVs, if you're not looking for something specific.

I'm pretty sure this is the right place to ask, if it isn't, sorry, I did do my best.

I've been working on a trapping Heatran, maybe it wasn't the best idea, but at the moment I have a modest Heatran EVd in sp attack and speed, and I'm unsure what move I should give it to round out its moveset.

Definate inclusions are
Magma storm (For trapping and heavy dammage)
Earth Power (Coverage)
Metal Sound (to allow for wall destruction, especially Blissey destruction)

For the final slot, I am considering:
Fireblast/flamethrower (reliable stab. However, doubles up somewhat with magma storm)
Explosion (taking advantage of trap. However, no attack evs and modest)
Dragon pulse (more coverage. Doesn't really take advantage of trap though)
Flash Cannon (reliable stab. Poor coverage though)

Also, I'd appreciate item recomendations. Obviously choice is out of the question, and with something that's expected to get multiple moves in leftovers seem a good idea, but beyond that I'm not sure what I should be looking at.

NB: This may seem really obvious, but please don't tell me to change its nature or something. This is an ingame Heatran, so it's not possible.

Someone noted earlier that Explosion seemed unnecessary with a trap and metal sound. I see the point, but wouldn't it still have situational use, such as when Heatran is on low hp?

I can give you a Feebas I got from GTS :P, do you want it?
---
Again, can I use Ice Beam for filler on SpcesLass? I just don't like Trick for some reason...

I'm pretty sure this is the right place to ask, if it isn't, sorry, I did do my best.

I've been working on a trapping Heatran, maybe it wasn't the best idea, but at the moment I have a modest Heatran EVd in sp attack and speed, and I'm unsure what move I should give it to round out its moveset.

Definate inclusions are
Magma storm (For trapping and heavy dammage)
Earth Power (Coverage)
Metal Sound (to allow for wall destruction, especially Blissey destruction)

For the final slot, I am considering:
Fireblast/flamethrower (reliable stab. However, doubles up somewhat with magma storm)
Explosion (taking advantage of trap. However, no attack evs and modest)
Dragon pulse (more coverage. Doesn't really take advantage of trap though)
Flash Cannon (reliable stab. Poor coverage though)

Also, I'd appreciate item recomendations. Obviously choice is out of the question, and with something that's expected to get multiple moves in leftovers seem a good idea, but beyond that I'm not sure what I should be looking at.

NB: This may seem really obvious, but please don't tell me to change its nature or something. This is an ingame Heatran, so it's not possible.

Someone noted earlier that Explosion seemed unnecessary with a trap and metal sound. I see the point, but wouldn't it still have situational use, such as when Heatran is on low hp?
Trapping Blissey with Magma Storm and Exploding will likely be of more use than trying to metal sound and earth power it to death before it cripples/ ko's you with seismic toss(especially with little or no hp ev's). Even then, protect could potentially mess up your plan. I wouldn't run leftovers simply to feign a choice item at first glance, though almost all Heatran carry explosion anyway so its not much of a surprise. perhaps a pinch berry or something obscure like grip claw to make magma storm last the max amount of turns if you really want to use the move(I know its kind of gimmicky, but lefties is a big flag you aren't scarf'd).

However, simply using it with a scarf and the standard set will probably be your best bet, tbh. I know its unoriginal and all, but thats because it works.

Why do Gen4 movesets for Snorlax suggest Selfdestruct when it is apparently impossible for it to learn the move outside Gen1? Am I missing something here? Bulbapedia doesn't list it, and Veekun only shows the move as learnable via the defunct Gen1 TM...

Why do Gen4 movesets for Snorlax suggest Selfdestruct when it is apparently impossible for it to learn the move outside Gen1? Am I missing something here? Bulbapedia doesn't list it, and Veekun only shows the move as learnable via the defunct Gen1 TM...
You're missing the Pokemon XD Move Tutor that teaches Selfdestruct; that's where Snorlax learns it.

thunderstone, I believe that if you have the synch in your party first slot when looking, it is working even with legendaries, but I'm not 100% sure if it is the case with runners.

Also, does someone know the break down of what the IV guy in the platnium battle tower says are?

thunderstone, I believe that if you have the synch in your party first slot when looking, it is working even with legendaries, but I'm not 100% sure if it is the case with runners.

Also, does someone know the break down of what the IV guy in the platnium battle tower says are?
The official guide breaks down his quotes, but doesn't give number ranges, due to the workings of IVs not being the kind of info guides like that give.

As for the quotes, from worst to best:

This Pokemon's potential is (decent, above average, relatively superior or outstanding) all around.
I would say the best potential lies in its (HP, Attack etc.) stat.
(It's rather decent, It's very good, It's fantastic or It can't be better) in that regard.
"Can't be better" is obviously a 31 IV, but there's nothing on what range of IVs correspond to each message.

Also, Synchronisers don't work on runners at all.

~What moves work best on ScarfMence and CB Mence?
~Can Ice Beam be a filler on Specslass?
~CB Walrein, Avalanche/EQ/Waterfall/Ice Ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)