Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 19 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well if he was from Smogon, you can report him in the Wifi Blacklist thread, otherwise, nothing.

The Wifi Blacklist is in the Wifi subforum, in case you didn't know before. =]

I was just wondering how much superpower from a neutral nature luxray and no attack evs would do to a standard blissey. And how much would no evs neutral nature explosion from claydol do also?

Are yoy sure the alternative RestTalk Machamp is worth it? It loses attack...
Also, what Electric move would work best on RestTalk Regice? I want paralysis too, just to help some other team members set-up...

I'm new here. Sup! =D

Anyway, my question is about Machamp's ability, No Guard.
I was wondering if say, a Heracross switched in to a Machamp. Heracross uses Megahorn, and Machamp switches out. Does the Megahorn still have 100% accuracy? Or does it drop back down to 85%?

I'm new here. Sup! =D

Anyway, my question is about Machamp's ability, No Guard.
I was wondering if say, a Heracross switched in to a Machamp. Heracross uses Megahorn, and Machamp switches out. Does the Megahorn still have 100% accuracy? Or does it drop back down to 85%?
I'm 99.9% sure that unless the switch-in also has No Guard, Megahorn will have only 85% accuracy.

I just noticed some attacks got weaker on Platinum, such as Power Gem (80 to 70), Dark Pulse (90 to 80), Hypnosis accuracy (70 to 60). Can someone confirm/explain that?

Also, are these changes implanted to shoddy? And what if a Platinum version battles a D/P one?

Ok I need answers!
I bought a new plat today, cause mine broke,
and it has: 998 of ever ball, 99 of every TM,
998 of every item,900 or every medicine,
900 of every berry,
A Celebi with WONDERGUARD ability 0_o
A Shiney Charizard with Wonderguard,
Shiney Shinx, and Shiney infernape.
Crazy huh?

Current Team idea.

Salamence
Lucario
Milotic
Clefable

I want a Rotom Form, and I currently am using a Rotom-c [mower]. Is that the ideal form for my team? Or do you think another should be used instead?

And if you have any suggestions for the rest of the team.. you can feel free to add something. :naughty:

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I just noticed some attacks got weaker on Platinum, such as Power Gem (80 to 70), Dark Pulse (90 to 80), Hypnosis accuracy (70 to 60). Can someone confirm/explain that?
Power Gem has always been 70, Dark Pulse has always been 80. Hypnosis was downgraded to 60, just like it was in ADV. We don't know why, your guess is as good as mine.

Ok I need answers!
I bought a new plat today, cause mine broke,
and it has: 998 of ever ball, 99 of every TM,
998 of every item,900 or every medicine,
900 of every berry,
A Celebi with WONDERGUARD ability 0_o
A Shiney Charizard with Wonderguard,
Shiney Shinx, and Shiney infernape.
Crazy huh?
What was your question? Just start a new game.

Power Gem has always been 70, Dark Pulse has always been 80. Hypnosis was downgraded to 60, just like it was in ADV. We don't know why, your guess is as good as mine.
I'll go with your saying, even though I was pretty sure of their BP.

I guess Hypnosis has 60 accuracy on Shoddy, then. And what if Platinum battles DP?

An idea for Togekiss?

Can it be practical to use a Togekiss w. bold/calm 252HP 126def 126spdef OR
252def 252spdef 4 HP
charm
toxic
wish
protect/thunderwave/HP ground/HP fire or psychic
as a *insert correct terminology* thing that takes hits and psn/prz and lowers attacks on expected switch ins? Or is that just a waste of time? I like using Togekiss.. Or is it too weak? I get the feeling it isn't, but wouldn;t really bee too sure.

If the question is inappropriate in any way, sorry
K safe

Can it be practical to use a Togekiss w. bold/calm 252HP 126def 126spdef OR
252def 252spdef 4 HP
charm
toxic
wish
protect/thunderwave/HP ground/HP fire or psychic
as a *insert correct terminology* thing that takes hits and psn/prz and lowers attacks on expected switch ins? Or is that just a waste of time? I like using Togekiss.. Or is it too weak? I get the feeling it isn't, but wouldn;t really bee too sure.

If the question is inappropriate in any way, sorry
K safe
Togekiss isn't weak.. but that set isn't really doing much for it. And in the end it'll just become a sitting duck for walls and special attackers. Or anything with rest. Status isn't Togekiss' friend, and it seems like that Togekiss will be getting hit often from it.

There are better options, definitely.

My question:

I want to use a SpecsLuke, but I just hate the feeling of being walled by Blissey using a Lucario.. so.. can someone give me a good idea/set with Close Combat + Special hitting Lucario?

Lucario @ Life Orb
Naive(?)
- Close Combat
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
- HP [Rock]/ HP [Ice]

Something like that alright? Or what.

@ chenman: Brine doubles in power if the target's health is below 50%, so it wouldn't help Empoleon that much anyway. I doubt that it works anyway.

@ Coldeye: Charge Beam and Thunderbolt are both viable choices, but Thunderbolt is probably better in OU or probably even UU as Regice can't sit around for as long in heavy-hitting tiers. Charge Beam is probably better in NU, unless there is some weird thing like Thunderbolt being able to OHKO Relicanth while Charge Beam can't.
And Hydro Pump vs Surf and the like is usually a personal preference. I would go with Hydro Pump because I don't believe Surf can OHKO some neutral targets, such as the myriad Steel-types in OU.

edit: Oh, and Pokerade: Specs Lucario can employ Focus Blast to 2HKO Blissey, even the "new" (sort of) Calm SpD EVs ones. Also, using Aura Sphere and Close Combat on Lucario really isn't that great, as Close Combat's higher base power makes it do very similar amounts of damage as Aura Sphere to most everything. Shadow Ball is better than Dark Pulse if you are using a Life Orb, as well.

I can't seem to get shoddy battle to work for me after the recent update, it downloads and all. But, when I load it up it shows all the available servers but, there is no one in the servers and when I click connect it says that the connection to the server tapped out. Can anyone help me?

I can't seem to get shoddy battle to work for me after the recent update, it downloads and all. But, when I load it up it shows all the available servers but, there is no one in the servers and when I click connect it says that the connection to the server tapped out. Can anyone help me?
Try asking that question in this thread, I'm sure you'll get a better answer then here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)