Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 20 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno if anyone's asked this yet, but:

1. If Arceus holding Sky Plate (therefore legitimately pure Flying-type) is in battle and Gravity is used, does his type get affected?

2. I've downloaded the Member's Card to my Platinum, but can I get one on my Pearl as well? I was unsure since it synchronizes the game to the DS or something...

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Dunno if anyone's asked this yet, but:

1. If Arceus holding Sky Plate (therefore legitimately pure Flying-type) is in battle and Gravity is used, does his type get affected?

2. I've downloaded the Member's Card to my Platinum, but can I get one on my Pearl as well? I was unsure since it synchronizes the game to the DS or something...
For 5 turns after this move is used, immunity to Ground-type attacks, as well as immunity to Arena Trap, Toxic Spikes, and Spikes as a result of the Flying type, the Levitate ability, or Magnet Rise, is nullified.
Not entirely sure what you mean, but Arceus' typing will not change. It will still be hit super-effectively by Electric, Ice, and Rock but will be hit neutrally with Ground. www.smogon.com/dp/moves/gravity

2. Pretty sure you can get it on Pearl.

EDIT: Drat beaten :(

greetings to all smogoners! ^_^

i have a question: is there an available software where you just input all the attacking moves of your pokemon and it shows you the pokemon that resists them??

(on a side note, if my pokemon has a dark and fighting physical attack moves, what other move do i need for good type coverage?)

quick questions:

1. if my pokemon uses swagger twice on the same opponent, does the attack boosts stack?

2. my pokemon uses defence curl, and then use ice ball attack, which now has double base power.. i'm locked for 5 turns.. provided my pokemon lives, do i have to use defence curl again for the doubled base power, or the power boost remain "for as long as the user stays in the battle. " http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/ice_ball

3. does the boost from focus energy last for some specific number of turns or does it never end? (it is a baton passable boost right?)

latias

trying to catch a timid latias:

I heard if you encounter it you can track it in your dex, but if I encounter it, run, and save the game, for easier encounters obv, next time I see it will the nature be preset or random?

As I don't want to save it after encountering it if all I can ever catch from then on is docile latias, but being able to track it would speed it up for a timid one

quick questions:

1. if my pokemon uses swagger twice on the same opponent, does the attack boosts stack?

2. my pokemon uses defence curl, and then use ice ball attack, which now has double base power.. i'm locked for 5 turns.. provided my pokemon lives, do i have to use defence curl again for the doubled base power, or the power boost remain "for as long as the user stays in the battle. " http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/ice_ball

3. does the boost from focus energy last for some specific number of turns or does it never end? (it is a baton passable boost right?)
1. Yes. It is essentially giving your opponent free Swords Dance + Confusion.
2. Not sure about that, but I think the defence curl thing only applies to Ice Ball once, so yes like charge you have to use the curl once more.
3. Focus energy (getting pumped) status should be forever until to user switches out. Batonpassable.

trying to catch a timid latias:

I heard if you encounter it you can track it in your dex, but if I encounter it, run, and save the game, for easier encounters obv, next time I see it will the nature be preset or random?

As I don't want to save it after encountering it if all I can ever catch from then on is docile latias, but being able to track it would speed it up for a timid one
Umm are you using Ruby/Sapphire? They have the IV for at least 4 stat categories set to 0-5, so not very competitive.

my team just got swept by a bidbarell that had Dragon Dance BPed to it
the only moves i saw where return and Waterfall and im trying to make a similar team so does anyone know/ have any suggestions for the last to move slots?

Can someone give me any ideas on where I should hatch my Hidden Power Electric Feebas in Platinum?
if you want the fattest route to hatch it then go to solceon town and line up with the bike slope thing and go straight south then straight north once you cant go any farther if you also have a marcargo (0r other flame body poke) in the front of your party you can usually hatch most eggs in a few minutes

if you want the fattest route to hatch it then go to solceon town and line up with the bike slope thing and go straight south then straight north once you cant go any farther if you also have a marcargo (0r other flame body poke) in the front of your party you can usually hatch most eggs in a few minutes
I think he/she means where it should actually hatch.

So it'll say.. "hatched at Route 202" or something.

Personally.. I'd go to Lake Verity

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
greetings to all smogoners! ^_^

i have a question: is there an available software where you just input all the attacking moves of your pokemon and it shows you the pokemon that resists them??

(on a side note, if my pokemon has a dark and fighting physical attack moves, what other move do i need for good type coverage?)
http://www.psypokes.com/dex/atktypeanalysis.php

Also, the only Pokemon that resist it are Croagunk (NFE), Toxicroak (UU), and Heracross (OU). I'd recommend something that has STAB or for more damage verses bulky Pokemon (Thunderbolt comes to mind if a special attacker).

1. How do I get the Member's Card in Platinum, then how do I transfer it to my Pearl?... I have no idea how to setup Nintendo Wi-Fi!
You can't transfer the Member Card across games. Sorry.

As for setting up Nintendo WFC, click on "Search for Access point", then your network should appear. If doesn't appear, try manually setting up (or if your access point is an AOSS, but I haven't come across an AOSS network, don't worry about it too much).

I have a few questions:

1. When an opponent uses a move against my Pokemon with Focus Sash that would normally leave me with one HP (or I use Endure), will Focus Sash still activate and disappear?

2. If I take some damage and then recover it by any method, will Focus Sash be nullified or still retain its potency?

Thanks.

So, I wanted to run Foresight + Rapid Spin Hitmontop on my team, but according to the Shoddy Battle team builder, he doesn't learn it. The Strategy Dex says he does... so what's the deal?

Edit: I reopened the team builder and chose another server when it asked me which one the team was for. Strange...

Hello!

My Staryu has following Evs:

7 in Hp / 255 in Special Attack / 248 in Speed

I want it to have 4 in Hp / 252 in Special attack / 252 in Speed

How can I solve this problem?

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hello!

My Staryu has following Evs:

7 in Hp / 255 in Special Attack / 248 in Speed

I want it to have 4 in Hp / 252 in Special attack / 252 in Speed

How can I solve this problem?
Use an EV reducing berry for HP (Pomeg) to bring it down to 0 HP EVs and then train in speed until 252 Speed EVs, then have the remaining in HP.

@zyrefredric: The ice ball page says that the defense curl boost lasts until you switch, so I assume you would not have to reuse defense curl.

@Colossus: It's not on purpose, it's a programming mistake. Sucks, I know.

@Atheist Cult: I would imagine that one of the servers simply has a database error, not having Tyrogue's moves learnable by Hitmontop.

Just a Couple of questions.

1. If i am using a Follow Me/Belly Drum Set up with Togekiss and Snorlax in Doubles what would be a good set up move next. I was thinking something like Switch Togekiss for Dusknoir whilst Snorlax Protects, Then use Trick Room so that Snorlax now has +6 Atk and attacks first against most things. OR just straight out attacking be ok with the ocassional predicted protect??

2. What would be a good Doubles EV Spread for this Snorlax.

Snorlax @ Sitrus Berry - Careful - Thick Fat
~ Belly Drum
~ Protect
~ EarthQuake
~ Return

(Thick Fat for Blizzard and HeatWave that is always floating about in Doubles)

Thanks for any help
BloodGhoul

I have a few questions:

1. When an opponent uses a move against my Pokemon with Focus Sash that would normally leave me with one HP (or I use Endure), will Focus Sash still activate and disappear?

2. If I take some damage and then recover it by any method, will Focus Sash be nullified or still retain its potency?

Thanks.
1. I don't think Focus Sash will activate but I'm not sure.
2. http://www.smogon.com/dp/items/focus_sash
Focus Sash will remain

Also I have a question:

On that Focus Sash page it says that you can survive all hits of a multi-hit attack but I know that on Shoddy it doesn't work. Is this a typo or a glitch on Shoddy.

@ DDRMaster -- it's a glitch. I thought it was fixed a few months ago but if it still doesn't work, I guess it wasn't...

Hi, do the items Flame Orb and Toxic Orb override current status effects? For example, my Breloom holding Toxic Orb vs a Darkrai. Darkrai uses Dark Void to put Breloom to sleep. Does the Toxic Orb kick in and replace the sleep condition with a poison, or does Toxic Orb fail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)