Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Cherrim's Flower Gift boost apply to only itself in single battles; or does it boost its allies SDef and Atk too, regardless of type or whether Cherrim is on the field or not?

Does the box trick still work in DPP/HGSS for resetting effort values of level 100 Pokemon? I have been reluctant from maxing out my Pokemons' level because I wanted to know whether that trick still works. Thanks to anyone for answering.

For Heart Gold/Soul Silver, which are the maximum EVs for a Level 20 trained pokemon taking by example 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD for competitive battles (lv 50 or superior)? Thanks

Does the box trick still work in DPP/HGSS for resetting effort values of level 100 Pokemon? I have been reluctant from maxing out my Pokemons' level because I wanted to know whether that trick still works. Thanks to anyone for answering.
No, it doesn't work anymore on anything that's Level 100.

Does Cherrim's Flower Gift boost apply to only itself in single battles; or does it boost its allies SDef and Atk too, regardless of type or whether Cherrim is on the field or not?
Both Pokemon

From the analysis:
When the sunlight is strong, this Pokémon raises its own Attack and Special Defense by 50%. In 2v2, it also raises the Attack and Special Defense of its partner by 50%. This effect does not stack if two Pokémon have Flower Gift.
I think there is a trick that allows you to EV train Lv. 100 Pokemon and someone posted it on Smogon but I can't find it.

Both Pokemon

From the analysis:When the sunlight is strong, this Pokémon raises its own Attack and Special Defense by 50%. In 2v2, it also raises the Attack and Special Defense of its partner by 50%. This effect does not stack if two Pokémon have Flower Gift.
I've already read the analysis.

Does Cherrim's Flower Gift boost apply to only itself in single battles
apply to only itself in single battles
single battles
single battles
single battles

Wait, is this the kind of method to EV train level 100 Pokemon? I wonder if there's anyone who can confirm this?
Yes, that's what I was talking about. I'll see if I can confirm it on Platinum.

@Plopper: Sorry, I misread singles as doubles. Abilities don't activate when the Pokemon's not out so it wouldn't boost anything unless it's out.

What naturte is best for SD Lucario and Gallade, Adamant or Jolly?
I would say go for Adamant nature on Lucario. Jolly nature only let Lucario outrun Timid Rotom-A and beat it with a +2 Crunch, while the Ice Punch for the Jolly set will let Lucario outpace neutral speed Salamence and KO it. Usually every Salamence runs Jolly/Naive now these days and Rotom-A that lacks Overheat wouldn't be able to 1HKO Lucario anyway, so the Adamant nature would definitely be much better for Lucario since he reaps so much 1HKO-2HKO with the extra power from Adamant nature.

I'm not so sure about Gallade though. However, his nature really depends on what kind of role he will take on your team. Like if he's going to be a wall breaker, then Adamant nature is for him. If you have multiple wall breakers already, then Jolly nature might be a decent choice of nature to let you out speed certain mirror matches. Most of the time the Adamant nature is an overall better choice, especially with his low speed but quite fearsome attack stat and a great special defense. Perhaps that is what got him voted from UU to BL tier.

I've checked Smogon, Serebii, and Bulbapedia, and found no specific answer.

When Mothim uses Camouflage to change it's type, does it change it's primary type, secondary type, or both (becoming monotyped)?

@Arin: Thanks for the answer to my last question.

New question: Which Legendaries in HGSS can be reset by beating the Elite 4, and can I reset them more than once? Thanks.

Can heal block be used repeatedly to keep preventing healing or do you need to wait for the initial 5 turns to wear off before you use it again?

Also is there anything that can bypass it except for the few hold items like Leftovers?

SteveBob:

Heal Block has no additional effect when used multiple times at once. Heal Block's effect reads, in part, "During effect, if a move or an effect of a move (other than Pain Split) would cause the opponent to gain HP, it gains no HP instead." Thus, only effects of moves like Leech Seed and Wish, as well as moves that recover HP, are blocked by Heal Block. Effects of abilities such as Rain Dish ignore the effect of Heal Block.

Can somebody tell me if this would allow you to win instantly in competitive Ubers? (I'm just typing this off the top of my head, keep in mind)
Zacchaeus sends out Wobbuffet (Lv100 Wobbuffet?). Opponent sends out Breloom. (Lv100 Breloom?)
Breloom used Spore! Wobbuffet fell asleep! Wobbuffet's Lum Berry woke it up!
Wobbuffet used Encore! Breloom got an encore!
Breloom used Spore! Wobbuffet fell asleep! Wobbuffet is fast asleep.
Zacchaeus switched in Clefable (Lv100 Clefable?). Breloom used Spore!
Zacchaeus wins!
In this situation, you would.

I've heard that two Power items doesn't work from many people on here for some reason. Also, the Pokemon itself has a chance to pass down the IV of a particular stat that ranges from 1 in 6 to 1 in 2 depending on the stat, which is much less than the 1 in 32 chance of having it randomly generated as well as the 1 in 25 chance that a random nature will be passed down. So the probability of getting the Pokemon you wanted with an Everstone would be 1/2 x 1/6 = 1/12 at worst while with a Power Item it would only be 1/25. Granted, if you have 3 or more natures that work for that Pokemon or you are trying to pass on more than 3 IV's from the female, then you could be better off using two Power Items but I'm not sure two Power Items can work at the same time.
I just went ahead and tried the single father and mother w/ everstone method and all of the offspring had the perfect defense IV that the father w/ Power Belt has.

I don't know why it failed for other people, but so far 100% of 9 offspring has had their father's 31 Defense IV.

I just went ahead and tried the single father and mother w/ everstone method and all of the offspring had the perfect defense IV that the father w/ Power Belt has.

I don't know why it failed for other people, but so far 100% of 9 offspring has had their father's 31 Defense IV.
I ment that it didn't work when they had both parents with a power item.

I would say go for Adamant nature on Lucario. Jolly nature only let Lucario outrun Timid Rotom-A and beat it with a +2 Crunch, while the Ice Punch for the Jolly set will let Lucario outpace neutral speed Salamence and KO it. Usually every Salamence runs Jolly/Naive now these days and Rotom-A that lacks Overheat wouldn't be able to 1HKO Lucario anyway, so the Adamant nature would definitely be much better for Lucario since he reaps so much 1HKO-2HKO with the extra power from Adamant nature.

I'm not so sure about Gallade though. However, his nature really depends on what kind of role he will take on your team. Like if he's going to be a wall breaker, then Adamant nature is for him. If you have multiple wall breakers already, then Jolly nature might be a decent choice of nature to let you out speed certain mirror matches. Most of the time the Adamant nature is an overall better choice, especially with his low speed but quite fearsome attack stat and a great special defense. Perhaps that is what got him voted from UU to BL tier.
Run Adamant even with Ice Punch?

Is Hypnosis worth it on Milotic in OU with 60% accuracy?
Id'e abuse Light Screen and Marvle Scale insted...Milotic <3...

Was wondering if someone can help me out quick. I'm looking for a few heart scales for my soul silver (5 would be ideal), and I need someone to trade with to evolve my Haunter, can someone help me out!?

Hi I am about to buy a copy of gold, I was wondering.. How can I use my pearl in any way to get a cool "starter" early on in the game like those dialga/palkia/giratinas or a lvl 5 jirachi? Is there any way? what's the fastest way to transfer pokemon so that you can use them in the early game..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)