Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an ingame question so I'm not sure it's valid here, but if you get a mystery gift can you just pick it up whenever? For some reason my copy of Platinum won't let me use an AR so I want to wait to pick up my jirachi until I have a good stock of Rare Candies so I can properly check it's IVs.
Yes, you can wait until whenever.

As a recommendation on Rare Candies, you can use pickup to get them pretty quickly.

Don't know about these ones...

Will we actually get to use the Rotom Formes on wifi in HGSS?

Do Tyrogues attack and defense IV's have to be equal or the attack and defense stat itself to evolve into Hitmontop at level 20?

I hate the stupid, crappy underground.

Question: Is there a limit to how much you can dig per day? There are no more spots on my map.

Okay, so I know that Life Orb doesn't give recoil damage if the attack hits a Substitute, but what about Close Combat? Does Close Combat lowers one's -1 stage of Def and SpD if it hits a Substitute? How about other attacks like Overheat and Super Power?

I hate the stupid, crappy underground.

Question: Is there a limit to how much you can dig per day? There are no more spots on my map.
Not to my knowledge. If that's the case, just try tapping the touch screen and walking around a bit to see if anything else pops up on the top screen. If not, try surfacing and going down again somewhere else, and trying a ping there, and something should show up.

Okay, so I know that Life Orb doesn't give recoil damage if the attack hits a Substitute, but what about Close Combat? Does Close Combat lowers one's -1 stage of Def and SpD if it hits a Substitute? How about other attacks like Overheat and Super Power?
Yes, your stats should still go down in all of those cases.
Whats a nice slow pokemon that resists fire and ground, at the same time (I'm looking at you bronzong)?
Salamance, Dragonite and Flygon all fulfill the typing part--immune to Ground and resist Fire, although Salamance and Flygon aren't exactly slow. Dragonite might work though depending on how slow you need it to be. Aerodactyl also fulfills the typing part, but is blazing fast. Beyond that, all I can think of is stuff like Lunatone and Solrock.

Ferrouswheel said:
Whats a nice slow pokemon that resists fire and ground, at the same time (I'm looking at you bronzong)?
Salamance, Dragonite and Flygon all fulfill the typing part--immune to Ground and resist Fire, although Salamance and Flygon aren't exactly slow. Dragonite might work though depending on how slow you need it to be.
Bulky and RestTalk Gyarados does too. Levitate Bronzong is the norm, while Heatproof Bronzong is the gimmick at best -- although Rain Dance will neutralize the Fire-type weakness that Levitate Bronzong has.

Heatproof Bronzong is the gimmick at best
I think it's more than a gimmick. You should look at your team as a whole. If you want to use Bronzong and you've already got two fire weaknessess and three ground immunities, the sensible ability on Bronzong is Heatproof.
Heatproof is rightly the lesser option, because the ground immunity is usually better. But think before clicking Levitate.

I looked at Choice Scarf Mewtwo, which is both a lead and a revenge-killer, and came up with a similar idea for Deoxys-S:

@Lum Berry
252SpA/6SpD/252Spe
Timid nature
~Psycho Boost
~Taunt
~Stealth Rock
~Ice Beam

Psycho Boost is used for the likes of Choce Scarf Heracross (which are outrun even if Jolly), which can really save me a match in an already Bug-type weak tier; Ice Beam is obligitory, as Deoxys-S outruns even Jolly Scarf Garchomp; Taunt is both against other leads and Wobbuffet, which will dry out of Mirror Coats due to Deoxys-S's Pressure; SRs are obligitory, as I run this on offensive teams.

Now, would this work?

okay, i was broswing around the NFE articles, and for some God aweful reason, there were 5 strategies for using Kakuna.
and aparantly, the Trapper Counter set was feasable to use on Wobbuffet in Ubers.
can someone please tell me why someone would ever use kakuna competitively in a serious manner?

okay, i was broswing around the NFE articles, and for some God aweful reason, there were 5 strategies for using Kakuna.
and aparantly, the Trapper Counter set was feasable to use on Wobbuffet in Ubers.
can someone please tell me why someone would ever use kakuna competitively in a serious manner?
Probably someone trying to rip off those posts by "The Great Kakhuna Man" which were humorous, if it was by him, thats your answer, its a joke.

Bulky and RestTalk Gyarados does too. Levitate Bronzong is the norm, while Heatproof Bronzong is the gimmick at best -- although Rain Dance will neutralize the Fire-type weakness that Levitate Bronzong has.
Thanks, I think I'll theory out Gyarados, or just try it on shoddy. And the idea was Bronzong is either immune to ground, or not weak to fire. But not both, that was what I was trying to avoid.

To mess with people. Furthermore, did you look at the sets. Even the Ubers Kakuna is ... let's just say not advisable to use.

I know this has already been answered but I'm answering it too. I think it's all a joke, because Metapod has no sets even though it could serve as a tank better than Kakuna could.

Probably someone trying to rip off those posts by "The Great Kakhuna Man" which were humorous, if it was by him, thats your answer, its a joke.
thank you (and you to Master Ball), it struck me at odd and i thought it might be a joke, but hey, i'm the guy who thinks a monoteam could fair well in competitive battling.

edit: if anybody could, could someone please post a link/directions to read "The Great Kakhuna Man"'s post please?

I looked at Choice Scarf Mewtwo, which is both a lead and a revenge-killer, and came up with a similar idea for Deoxys-S:

@Lum Berry
252SpA/6SpD/252Spe
Timid nature
~Psycho Boost
~Taunt
~Stealth Rock
~Ice Beam

Psycho Boost is used for the likes of Choce Scarf Heracross (which are outrun even if Jolly), which can really save me a match in an already Bug-type weak tier; Ice Beam is obligitory, as Deoxys-S outruns even Jolly Scarf Garchomp; Taunt is both against other leads and Wobbuffet, which will dry out of Mirror Coats due to Deoxys-S's Pressure; SRs are obligitory, as I run this on offensive teams.

Now, would this work?
Opinion? Also, should LO Gengar use Destiny Bond? Should Mewtwo ever use Psychic? Some of you said never, others said it can work, so I'm a bit confused...
Also, what move is generally better for Mewtwo, Thunder or Shadow Ball?

For the analysis thread, can I just post a new set I tried a few and that worked or I have to follow a long list list of rules to have the right to post it? Can I PM moderators to have their approval or anything? The set works really really really well and I am willing to write an analysis about it. How does it work?

EDIT: For the Mewtwo thing, I think the New and Creative Movesets thread is more appropriate for opinions about new sets.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus

@Lum Berry
252SpA/6SpD/252Spe
Timid nature
~Psycho Boost
~Taunt
~Stealth Rock
~Ice Beam

Now, would this work?
Coldeye, we've told you time and time again. PSYCHIC ATTACKS SUCK IN UBERS. HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO TELL YOU THIS BEFORE IT GETS THROUGH THAT THICK SKULL OF YOURS. Choice Scarf Heracross is uncommon compared to other ubers.
Opinion? Also, should LO Gengar use Destiny Bond? Should Mewtwo ever use Psychic? Some of you said never, others said it can work, so I'm a bit confused...
Also, what move is generally better for Mewtwo, Thunder or Shadow Ball?
It might work as a gimmick but the additional coverage would be more helpful from the attacking move that you're missing out. See above for my opinion (and several others') on Psychic type moves.
Depending on your team, either Thunder or Shadow Ball would work. However, Thunder is generally the better option for hitting Kyogre.
For the analysis thread, can I just post a new set I tried a few and that worked or I have to follow a long list list of rules to have the right to post it? Can I PM moderators to have their approval or anything? The set works really really really well and I am willing to write an analysis about it. How does it work?
As long as you follow the proper HTMLizing (see past analyses), have the proper prose, and follow the correct formatting, you're free to post it in the appropriate subforum of C&C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)