Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i raised this Breloom, but i found Effect spore to mess up my strategy. So I decided to remake a breloom. My breloom is a Jolly nature and I heard you can equip it with an everstone so the offspring can inherit the nature. How do i come about getting a different ability? by finding the opposite sex with that ability?

Are hg/ss good games? I said to myself no more after platinum :( but hg looks really cool. I never played gold/silver before but people say they were really good games. Are hg/ss as good or did they ruin it? Thanks

EDIT: at above you wouldnt get confused if you use something like thrash with own tempo.

@~Eon~: So in theory it wouldn't confuse with Outrage? And to answer your question, Soul Silver and Heart Gold are definetly worth purchase, even if you've never played the original Silver and Gold. IMO, The story's better, there's a wider variety of things to do, it's more fun in general after you beat the ential story, and there's always something to keep you busy. The Pokewalker isn't as gimmick-y as you'd think, but my only (nitpick) with SS and HG is that the Box system is slightly more confusing but still easily accesable.

Are hg/ss good games? I said to myself no more after platinum :( but hg looks really cool. I never played gold/silver before but people say they were really good games. Are hg/ss as good or did they ruin it? Thanks

EDIT: at above you wouldnt get confused if you use something like thrash with own tempo.
its good, its an asset to the pokemon collection.

the ability is random, so just breed it a few times until you get the one you want
so I'll just breed my female breloom with everstone and hope i get it huh? this is definitely going to be a daunting task. I love my breloom the way it is with the exception of its ability. It sometimes halts my strategy when i get into contact.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
If I faint lugia the first time I meet him, will he reappear after I beat the elite four? If so what level will he be at?

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Could a team of these be effective in NU: Gorebyss, Vileplume, Sableye, Wigglytuff, Mawile?

What would be a good final teammate type-wise?
The last three are junk, and Gorebyss isn't that great outside of rain or a Baton Pass team. The damage output of the last three is just too low, and Mawile just isn't quite bulky enough.

How can I EV train a Pokemon a low level pokemon to this EVs 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe without surpassing level 20? Thanks in advice.

How can I EV train a Pokemon a low level pokemon to this EVs 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe without surpassing level 20? Thanks in advice.
Use it as a lead, and give EXP Shares (as many as you have), to the rest of your party, then switch all your other party members in before finishing off the Shinx or Bidoof or whatever. Then your lead will only get a really small proportion of the exp of a Bidoof, which is hardly anything; it's likely to stay well under level 20 doing that. (This technique's generally used to EV train Pokémon for Little Cup; in some cases, they need to do all their EV training within level 5.) Also remember to use Pokérus, Power items, etc. to gain the EVs as fast as possible, to give you the best possible EV/Exp ratio.

Does the ability "Own Tempo" prevent the confuscian caused by moves like Outrage and Petal Dance?
Going by the fact white smoke doesn't prevent torkoal's overheat from lowering its SpA, I'd say no; however, this is irrelevant since none of the "Own Tempo" pokes other than smeargle have access to those moves and you should never be using those moves with smeargle. (I believe the abilities do not work for self-inflicted stat lowerings or ailments)

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I just have a question about using hacked pokemon on wifi. Yes, I know it's cheating blah blah blah. But if they all have legal movesets and stats, why are people so against allowing them in wifi battles?? Can someone please explain this to me. If I REALLY wanted to, I could waste hours trying to breed a shiny pokemon with the perfect nature, ability, IV's, gender, etc. Instead, I choose to skip that lengthy process and get the perfect pokemon right off the bat. My point of saying all of this is that hacking to get a good pokemon (if you do it correctly) is no different than spending hours of your time breeding, but if you're into that kind of thing, go right ahead. Just PLEASE don't complain to us for saving time.

Now, having said all this, explain to me what's so wrong about hacking??

Going by the fact white smoke doesn't prevent torkoal's overheat from lowering its SpA, I'd say no; however, this is irrelevant since none of the "Own Tempo" pokes other than smeargle have access to those moves and you should never be using those moves with smeargle. (I believe the abilities do not work for self-inflicted stat lowerings or ailments)
Actually, you're wrong

I just have a question about using hacked pokemon on wifi. Yes, I know it's cheating blah blah blah. But if they all have legal movesets and stats, why are people so against allowing them in wifi battles?? Can someone please explain this to me. If I REALLY wanted to, I could waste hours trying to breed a shiny pokemon with the perfect nature, ability, IV's, gender, etc. Instead, I choose to skip that lengthy process and get the perfect pokemon right off the bat. My point of saying all of this is that hacking to get a good pokemon (if you do it correctly) is no different than spending hours of your time breeding, but if you're into that kind of thing, go right ahead. Just PLEASE don't complain to us for saving time.

Nothing

It's not to everyone, but to the people that do refuse to battle with Pokesav'd Pokemon, it's for the reasons you just explained: they believe it's unfair to them that you can get in minutes what it took them hours or days of breeding and resetting to get. Plus the simple fact that it is hacked and therefore illegal. However, many people have no problem with legally hacked teams, provided that that information is easily available before the battle.

Use it as a lead, and give EXP Shares (as many as you have), to the rest of your party, then switch all your other party members in before finishing off the Shinx or Bidoof or whatever. Then your lead will only get a really small proportion of the exp of a Bidoof, which is hardly anything; it's likely to stay well under level 20 doing that. (This technique's generally used to EV train Pokémon for Little Cup; in some cases, they need to do all their EV training within level 5.) Also remember to use Pokérus, Power items, etc. to gain the EVs as fast as possible, to give you the best possible EV/Exp ratio.
You only need one Exp. Share. Half of the total Exp. gets distributed amongst the Pokemon with Exp. Share while the onther half gets distributed amongst the Pokemon that battled.

Hi, I'm new and I signed up here because I want to know some information about RNG in the new games.

So.... Before i signed up, I read something about RNG here.
Someone called OmegaDonut reported a list of frame advances when you talk to the pokemon. Are this values reliable?

Next question:
In an Italian forum (cause I'm Italian) I read that the radio can advance the frame too. But it says that it works only if you try it on Monday from 0:00 to 1:00 AM. Here I found nearly the same things, but nobody talked about days or hours. who is right?

The last question:
Are there other ways for advance the frames?

PS: What are Dancing Box and Happy Dance when you talk with the pokemon? Is dancing box the smile or is it the note?

PPS: I'm sorry if the language isn't perfect, but I'm Italian and I have been studying English for 10 years. But I still have to learn it a lot.

thanks
Nergal

(Haunter told me to rewrite this message here, is it right?)

Hi there,

I love breeding. At least I used to. I bred constantly to try to get 3-4 31s in my Pokemon and was proud of it.

However, after a quick look at the boards (trading threads, etc), seeing an almost infinite amount of perfect or near-perfect, even shiny, Pokemon. Before I was really motivated, but after all that, I am rather demotivated.

So my question is: How long has this been going on? Is this a new thing (eg: D/P or before?). Is it ever going to stop? I'm guessing they will be imported to whatever the newest version we are playing is.

If that is true, there is no real reason to breed anymore, aside from personal satisfaction, and I should just hop aboard the train everyone else is, even if I don't necessarily agree with it, correct?

Also, what kind of Pokemon can I expect to battle against with other users? Should I expect all of their Pokemon to be perfect?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)