Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know any Trainers in game that have a Beldum or a Bagon or any of their evolutions? This is in Soul Silver, and Google isn't giving me any joy...
I know you can get Bagon and Shelgon in the Safari Zone in different areas. I forgot which ones but you need to place specific blocks in those areas. I know that to get Bagon you have to wait 110 DAYS after placing the blocks and for Shelgon you have to wait 70 DAYS after placing the rocky blocks in the Mountain area. I'm still waiting for my Shelgon. It'll start appearing on June 2nd.

For Beldum, you can trade a Forretress for one to Steven but you have to meet him and discuss the wandering Lati@s first and then talk to him about the event Soul Dew. The event isn't out yet so you have to wait for this trade. It's the only Beldum in the game.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
I know you can get Bagon and Shelgon in the Safari Zone in different areas. I forgot which ones but you need to place specific blocks in those areas. I know that to get Bagon you have to wait 110 DAYS after placing the blocks and for Shelgon you have to wait 70 DAYS after placing the rocky blocks in the Mountain area. I'm still waiting for my Shelgon. It'll start appearing on June 2nd.

For Beldum, you can trade a Forretress for one to Steven but you have to meet him and discuss the wandering Lati@s first and then talk to him about the event Soul Dew. The event isn't out yet so you have to wait for this trade. It's the only Beldum in the game.
It's not days, it's points. For example, if you only had 1 block, then it'd take 110 days. If you have 2 blocks, then it'd take 55 days.

It's not days, it's points. For example, if you only had 1 block, then it'd take 110 days. If you have 2 blocks, then it'd take 55 days.
Wait, really? From what I read on serebii, you need the all the bocks and need to wait the time to get them. Do you just need atleast the number of blocks serebii lists or is serebii simply wrong? (as it often is). This is the page I'm refering to, BTW.

http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/safarizone.shtml

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Wait, really? From what I read on serebii, you need the all the bocks and need to wait the time to get them. Do you just need atleast the number of blocks serebii lists or is serebii simply wrong? (as it often is). This is the page I'm refering to, BTW.

http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/safarizone.shtml
Uugh, sorry. Misremembered. Each block "levels up" after a certain amount of time, depending on the block time.

From Bulbapedia:
Block Upgrades
Each area of the Safari Zone keeps a hidden count of how many days it has been used. Every ten days of that count a block type will be upgraded in that area. Once a block for a certain area is upgraded, the upgrade will not disappear if the player moves the area or takes away the blocks. When blocks are upgraded, they increase effectiveness. For example, a Plains block with no upgrades would count as one Plains block, but a Plains block with one upgrade would count as two Plains blocks.
From Serebii:
If you leave the areas open for set amount of days, the Objects you place in each area level up so they count as more. Oce they've levelled up, you can switch without worry. As the areas level up, the amount of Objects that you require for the Pokemon decreases. For example, Lairon in the Cliff area requires 24 Rocky Objects, but after 30 days, it only needs 12 Objects, having each block count as 2 Objects.
So you need both the blocks and the time, not all of the blocks, just a few of them.

Uugh, sorry. Misremembered. Each block "levels up" after a certain amount of time, depending on the block time.

From Bulbapedia:
Yeah I knew about that but I still don't know exactly how it works. Does the time start when you place the block in the area or when the one guy calls you and tells you that you can add blocks to the Safari Zone? I'm guessing the former because I caught a ton of Pokemon in the Safari Zone and never ran into anything with less blocks than required. Right now I'm waiting for things like Gible and Shelgon.

Edit: Ok that answers that.

I just realized Beldum can be caught at the Forest area 70 days after placing 21 Rocky Blocks but with its low catch rate, I'm not sure if you can catch it well with just 30 balls, no paralyzing/sleeping, and injuring. The mud and bait aren't very reliable. Those 60-110 day Pokemon are just ridiculous...Metang is quicker but the catch rate is still bad. You can get it with 21 Rocky Blocks after only 30 days at the mountain.

@above: everything is set right when Steven talks to you about Latias. I'm not sure about respawning after it's knocked out.

What is BP and CP?
BP are the points for winning in the Battle Frontier and you can spend them on useful items (in HGSS, you need them to use the move tutors and you can also get some from the Veridian Trainer House). You have to connect your PokeWalker with other people's and whatever team you have on you before transferring the Pokemon will be the team the people who connect to you will face and vice-versa so you get 1 BP for kicking each of your friends' teams' asses.

CP are points exclusive to the Battle Castle in the Battle Frontier. They're used to heal your Pokemon and get items for your Pokemon (only useable in the Battle Castle).

Thanks for all the help, but I'm wondering if there are any in-game battles so I can SEE one, so I can search for one on the GTS. 70 days is too long to wait for a 4 week challenge! =P

Something popped into my head today and I have to ask just out of curiosity.

If a Ditto with a Choice Scarf used Transform, copying the opponents moveset, would Ditto still be locked into Transform or would it be allowed to select a move the next turn?

If a Ditto with a Choice Scarf used Transform, copying the opponents moveset, would Ditto still be locked into Transform or would it be allowed to select a move the next turn?
No. It'll get to choose a move the next turn.

How do you teach a Pokemon to use the move "superpower"?
Is it a TM you get somewhere down the line or do you have to do some weird breeding for a Pokemon to learn it?

OK, I'm freaking out here. Is it true that the only way the Dratini line can get Extremespeed is through the same line?

Another way of asking: Did I fuck up by saving with a female Extremespeed Dratini? :(

Is it a TM you get somewhere down the line or do you have to do some weird breeding for a Pokemon to learn it?
It's from the Platinum, HeartGold, or SoulSilver move tutors. It costs shards in Platinum and BPs in HGSS.

@Redcodekevin: you did mess up. You're luckier than me though. My party was filled so I didn't even get a Dratini.

It is a move tutor in Platinum I believe.

OK, I'm freaking out here. Is it true that the only way the Dratini line can get Extremespeed is through the same line?

Another way of asking: Did I fuck up by saving with a female Extremespeed Dratini? :(
Yes, you fucked up unfortunately. You need a male.

EDIT: Got Ninja'd :(

QUESTION:

If I use an Action Replay to RNG breed (needed to check IV's without saving), and I catch/hatch a Pokemon WHILE it's in the Action Replay, will that Pokemon be considered "hacked" at a Regional Tournament?

How do you tutor a move? and what are BPs?
I'm very new to this side of the game although I've been playing since blue/red days.
There are people who will teach you a move. Some of them are free and some of them use Shards (Platinum)/ BP (HG/SS). You can find shards randomly laying around or trading a StarPiece to the guy in the Fuego Ironworks (by Valley Windworks; Surf required). In HGSS, you have to go to the Battle Frontier and win a lot of matches and earn BPs and you can use those to get the move tutors to teach your Pokemon a move. Here's a page with pretty much anything you need to know about move tutors.

Edit: If you have Pokemon Platinum and you're new to the Survival Area, reaching the move tutor requires RockClimb at the wall right outside the town. I couldn't find it the first few times looking for it.

No. It'll get to choose a move the next turn.
This is false...
If Ditto with a choice item uses Transform, it would be locked in Transform, a move that it no longer knows.
Quick powder for the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)