1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Arcticblast, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

That happened to me too. I checked and found that the regular showdown sever wasn't doing anything either. After the regular server returned to normal, so did mine.

I went into data and made changes to pokedex.js, and learnsets.js. When I entered my local server I didn't see the stat changes I had made in the team builder, and the moves I had added were still labeled illegal. For a moment I thought nothing had happened. Then I tried searching for a battle with one of the new moves I added, and one that was still illegal. The new move was accepted, and the other wasn't. Even though it doesn't show, the changes I had made to the moveset were effective, and I'd assume so for the stat changes as well. Is it possible to make it so that the added moves are shown as legal and the stat changes show in the team builder?

Also, I'd like to test the changes I've made for balance. Is it possible to battle against myself, or must someone else do it with me? If I must test it with someone else, what are the necessary steps?
  2. Joim

Joim Navigate the pitfalls, cross the great divide!
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

The changes aren't shown because Client has it own data. You would need a custom client to show your changes in /data, etc., and there's no easy way to do that nor it's really supported.
  3. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

Ah, I was afraid it was something outside of my reach. I thought there might be something already stored in the thingy (apparantly called client) that it was drawing that from. Oh well, as long as it plays.
  4. Geodude6

Geodude6

Unfortunately not.
  5. Fishperson

Fishperson

Can I mute the battle music?
  6. Manitary

Manitary

There's a button at the top right corner of the screen to toggle audio
  7. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

So I've made all sorts of crazy changes to pokemon (and by crazy I mean carefully considered) that I want to test to check if the resulting metagame is balanced. The problem? I'm soooort of the only person logged in to the server. Obviously.

I'd like to be able to let other people play my modified showdown, but uh... the README doesn't go that far.
  8. Raichoice

Raichoice

Does PS work on a 3DS?
  9. Viddax89

Viddax89

Why can't you up the PP of moves (like using a PP Up in the actual game) to allow moves to last longer?
  10. Unoriginal Name

Unoriginal Name

No, the way PS works in-browser doesn't support 3DS. It simply isn't coded to work on it. I heard battle replays work, however, but haven't tested it myself.
    It does work on iOS, albeit not as well.

They default to being PP Up'd to the max (hence why 5 PP moves have 8 PP)
  11. SPARROW

SPARROW

why is there random lag on showdown to the point i can use showdown? (usually during the day)
  12. Espeon7373

Espeon7373

As with any website, there are peak times of activity for Pokemon Showdown. Lag is often influenced by the number of users on the site at the time. When the user count approaches or exceeds 2,000, PS! tends to have the greatest lag. Unfortunately, nothing really can be done about this lag. My only suggestion would be to get on during less active time periods.
  13. lukke

lukke

hey, i have done 35 uu games so far and i am still provisional.

uu 1775 81 1879 ± 74 (provisional) 29 6 0
    how many games do i need to remove the provisinal tag ? because im already lower than 100 ?
  14. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

OU ladder match, on the main server >.>"

I didn't save the replay, sadly. Ughhhhhhhhhhh >____________>"

pretty sure level 25 politoeds don't activate focus sash at 8% HP
  15. blubberchomp

blubberchomp

Now we're no longer listed on the main page. Any help please?
  16. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

PokeCommunity is running either a very old version of Pokemon Showdown, or a version of Pokemon Showdown modified not to display on the main page.

If it's a very old version, update it.

If it's a modified version, well, you modified it not to display on the main page, what do you expect?

edit: it's also possible that something else is preventing the connection, such as a firewall. Does your server have any unusual firewalls?
  17. AlastorHeart

AlastorHeart

May I know what are the songs used in Showdown?
  18. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

Currently, the background music in PS is the music from trainer battles, rival battles, and Battle Subway battles from Pokemon DPP, HGSS, BW, and BW2.
  19. Vodoun

Vodoun

How do I sign in?

Edit: oh, I see, I was logged in on another browser
  20. Dark_Plague

Dark_Plague

Would there ever potentially be an option available for us to keep the April Fools sprites? That was probably the best thing that happened all day yesterday, couldn't stop laughing as I kept seeing different ones.
  21. AngryHan

AngryHan

Custom sprites you can pay microtransactions for? :P
  22. Dia

Dia

So I went in to battle today and saw this:
    Site Temporarily Unavailable

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact the webmaster/ tech support immediately to have them rectify this.
    error id: "bad_httpd_conf"
    When is PS going to be back?
  23. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    Creator of PS

It's back now.
  24. loserman9

loserman9

how come whenever i try to get on pokemon showdown i get the site is temporarily unavailable for hours.
  25. loserman9

loserman9

its not fixed for me

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)