Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Does 2 specs latios draco meteors do more damage in a row than 2 dragon pulses?
2 draco meteors outdamage 2 dragon pulses even after the SpA drop.

And how much does a +2 return from a jolly 252 excadrill do to a physically defensive gliscor?
Doryuuzu@Balloon (252 EVs, Neutral Nature, +2) 102 Normal Physical vs Gliscor (252/252 EVs, +Nature): 39,8 ~ 47,1% (141 ~ 167 HP)

Is a pokémon shifted using the .pkm shifter program from a ROM, then sent to a retail copy of Black or White via a fake GTS method considered legal? Especially for VGC competitions?

Same for Pokémon cloned via the fake GTS method in order to transfer from one GenV game to another.

I was wondering if there is something that determines whether a NPC moves to Black City from White Forest through the Entralink. What I mean is, I tried to talk to the people in my friend's White Forest to move them to my Black City but they would not give me an option to move them to my city.
My City only has 10 people I can fight and some people inside the houses, so I am pretty sure I should be able to get more people in. Can anybody help me?

Does anyone know of any reliable mixed sweepers for bw ou as I am having trouble getting past skarmbliss I run a sandstorm team and a rain team both of which require one

I was wondering if there is something that determines whether a NPC moves to Black City from White Forest through the Entralink. What I mean is, I tried to talk to the people in my friend's White Forest to move them to my Black City but they would not give me an option to move them to my city.
My City only has 10 people I can fight and some people inside the houses, so I am pretty sure I should be able to get more people in. Can anybody help me?
I think they'd have to have battled the Trainer (in Black City) to give you the option to transfer them, so any Aggrons that the City player battled will cause a Aron to appear in the White Forest. I think they start with a base amount of wild Pokemon/battleable trainers.

Every ball (except for the unobtainable HG/SS balls, Cherish balls or Safari balls), if I understand the Dream World correctly.
Good to know, I was afraid they could only be caught in Dream Balls. Good, now I know for certain my Premier Ball Timid perfect IV Arceus is legit. :happybrain:

Do the old EVs for the 4th gen physically defensive Forretress set still apply to the current metagame?

252 HP, 112 Attack, 144 Defense

Do the roamers "reset" if you KO them *after* beating the main playthrough? I've saved inside the Route 7 house and am RNGing for a Thundurus, but it's been almost 3 days and I haven't gotten one I like. If I get another spread, though, I'll probably need to change the number of pokemon in my party.

Do the roamers "reset" if you KO them *after* beating the main playthrough? I've saved inside the Route 7 house and am RNGing for a Thundurus, but it's been almost 3 days and I haven't gotten one I like. If I get another spread, though, I'll probably need to change the number of pokemon in my party.

Yes. Just beat the Elite Four again.

If I put an exp share on a Pikachu and fought a Lilipup with a Raichu, would both Pikachu and Raichu get 0.5 atk EV or would they each end up with 1 attack IV? Thanks.
A few things that need clarification:
1) EXP Share does not give your pokemon EV points. The pokemon has to physically participate in the battle. Basically it needs to be switched in or out at some point.

2) Each pokemon that participates gets full EV points. So if you had a Pikachu, switched it a Raichu, then switched to a Delcatty, then switched it to a Charmander, they would all get 1 Attack EV (Assuming none have a brace or pokerus)

My question: Why does Excadrill need Sand Rush over Sand Force? Is there a strong set up for Sand Force? Or is the extra speed that highly valued?

1) EXP Share does not give your pokemon EV points. The pokemon has to physically participate in the battle. Basically it needs to be switched in or out at some point.

2) Each pokemon that participates gets full EV points. So if you had a Pikachu, switched it a Raichu, then switched to a Delcatty, then switched it to a Charmander, they would all get 1 Attack EV (Assuming none have a brace or pokerus)

My question: Why does Excadrill need Sand Rush over Sand Force? Is there a strong set up for Sand Force? Or is the extra speed that highly valued?
I believe that EXP. Share does indeed distribute EV's.

Excadrill needs Sand Rush because with a Jolly nature and max Speed, it has only 302 Speed. It has 369 max Attack already (With Jolly - It has 405 Attack + 275 Spe with Adamant) + Swords Dance, so it doesn't need Sand Force's power; it needs the Speed boost from Sand Rush to outspeed nearly everything in Sand (at 604 Speed).

A free "agility" is much more important than a free life-orb boost on all ground, steel, and rock attacks; with a balloon/sash, it won't be THAT easy to OHKO (Still not difficult though), and should be able to get up a SD.

EDIT: 200th post. Yes.

EDIT 2: I believe the Exp.Share distributed EVs in 4th gen; not sure if that's changed though.

@Virizion & @133k
Much obliged :)
Thank you.

And maybe I'm wrong about the XP Share thing? Maybe I just never bothered to look at an EV training guide after the 3rd generation...

When is the species of the Pokémon in the Toys-R-Us Secret Egg set? Is it when you receive the Wonder Card, when you pick up the egg from the Delivery Man, or when?

When is the species of the Pokémon in the Toys-R-Us Secret Egg set? Is it when you receive the Wonder Card, when you pick up the egg from the Delivery Man, or when?
I believe it's when you pick up the egg, seeing how almost everything via Wonder Card has been determined there (except for the Dogs).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)