Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. (RoA Version + resource links)

so I'm trying to get a politoed on my silver version. I have the kings rock and the poliwhirl, the only problem is the trading. I've linked together two SPs, one with a Crystal file, with the GBA link cable and tried. The one with the gray connector plug (the bigger one) saves, but the one with the purple plug (the smaller one) just says "please wait" and then "your friend is not ready". The one with the gray plug saves, says "please wait", then "disconnected due to inactivity". It doesn't matter which game is using which color plug. The link cable still works fine, however, because I tried it with some later generation games like FR and LG. Is it just a compatability issue with the cable and gen two games? Should I get another cable?

I know that colosseum jirachi can be shiny.
can the hadou events be shiny?(esp regirock, registeel, regice)
i just want to know if the shiny ones running around are legit.

Thanks ^^

Hi,

I'd like to know if choice band works with special attack or only with attack in Gen 3.

I know that colosseum jirachi can be shiny.
can the hadou events be shiny?(esp regirock, registeel, regice)
i just want to know if the shiny ones running around are legit.

Thanks ^^
As "old" Event trader, I can tell you there is no legit shiny hadou running around. Now, if it's possible or not, I dunno.

Sorry if it's been asked before, but can someone post a link to user Veteran in Love's ADV OU 'Superman' team?

What is a good psychic pokemon to raise in FRLG before getting the National Dex, i.e. for Elite Four? I can't trade, so Alakazam is out of the question. Would Hypno be my only option?

@Max212
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3447462
SUPER MAN TEAM
Aerodactyl @ CB: Double-Edge, Earthquake, HP Flying, Rock Slide
Tyranitar: Focus Punch, HP Bug, Rock Slide, Substitute
Flygon: Earthquake, Rock Slide, Screech, Substitute
Swampert: Earthquake, Ice Beam, Protect, Surf
Skarmory: Drill Peck, Roar, Spikes, Toxic
Zapdos: HP Grass, Rest, Sleep Talk, Thunderbolt
@Belle: Starmie and Exeggutor are good options (you need water and solar stone respectively).

@Charizard will probably pretty bad, but I'd make it the standard Belly Drum / EQ / Rock Slide / Fire Blast. However, you will need to breed with a Belly Drum Snorlax so it's going to be quite difficult.

pokemon ranger guardian signs

hi , dont know if anyone can help me with this but i recently brought pkmn range guardian signs so i could obtain deoxys and move him onto my copy of black but i think ive been had as ive found the event for this ran out in jan 2011 :( ,would anyone know if it is still available as i would of wasted 25quid just trying to get 1 pokemon

Opponent Pokemon Trainer Stats

I've heard that in RBY, all AI-controlled trainers have zero stat experience and a DV distribution of

HP: 8, Atk: 8, Def: 7, Spe: 7, Spc: 7.

Is this true? If not, is there a concrete method (such as above) of finding out all the AI trainer opponents' stats?

Is it true that you can get the 2nd generation starters in Pokemon Emrald after seeing or is it catching 200 pokemon?
You have to complete the national pokedex, and then go to Professor Birch who will give you one of the three johto starters. You could also get them through Pokemon Colosseum and Gale of Darkness I believe and transfer over.

If a pokemon uses rage, and on the same turn is attacked with a multi-hit move, does its attack increase for each hit? or just once?

hi , dont know if anyone can help me with this but i recently brought pkmn range guardian signs so i could obtain deoxys and move him onto my copy of black but i think ive been had as ive found the event for this ran out in jan 2011 :( ,would anyone know if it is still available as i would of wasted 25quid just trying to get 1 pokemon
You wasted your money, unless you plan on hacking.

This is my team. I would be happy to take any suggestions for new pokemon or even a competely new teamt. However, I have the following limitations. It's main limitation from what I see is that a gyrados a fire and electric move could totally screw it.

1. I only have pokemon emerald. This means no trading, and I can't catch some pokemon such as zangoose or pokemon from any other region. Also, there are many moves learned by pokemon only by breeding, such as hypnosis for milotic, that i cannot teach it because i can't get the right pokemon to breed it with. Finally, I haven't got the starf berry or the other one you get from scott yet.

Ninjask@ ????????
Jolly natured
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 SpA

Baton pass
silver wind
swords dance
substitute/protect, i don't know which

Basically, this pokemon's goal is to baton pass its jacked-up speed and attack(sword dance) to my next physical sweeper(Metagross). It also takes care of physic and dark pokemon(Gengar) to some extent with silver wind.

Metagross@ choice band
Adamant natured
252 Hp, 236 Atk, 12 Def, 8 Spe

Meteor mash
Rock Slide
EQ
Explosion

Hopefully, I can baton pass ninjask's speed and attack to this one.

Meteor Mash is for STAB, Rock Slide takes care of a weakness, fire, and also those annoying fire and flying types I can't take out with EQ, along with the ice type. EQ takes care of electric, most fire, poison, and is overall a great move anyway. Explosion I use to abuse Meatagross's great attacking stat and take out pokemon I don't have an effective type matchup with.

Milotic@leftovers
bold natured
252 HP, 224 def, 32 spA

Surf
Toxic
Recover
Ice Beam

Surf is for stab, and takes out many types I haven't covered yet. Toxic is to outlast fellow walls as well as waitng for a pokemon to die while i recover off damage. Recover is obvious, and ice beam takes care of dragon and grass types. This is my tank.

This is my team. I would be happy to take any suggestions for new pokemon or even a competely new teamt. However, I have the following limitations. It's main limitation from what I see is that a gyrados a fire and electric move could totally screw it.

1. I only have pokemon emerald. This means no trading, and I can't catch some pokemon such as zangoose or pokemon from any other region. Also, there are many moves learned by pokemon only by breeding, such as hypnosis for milotic, that i cannot teach it because i can't get the right pokemon to breed it with. Finally, I haven't got the starf berry or the other one you get from scott yet.

Ninjask@ ????????
Jolly natured

Baton pass
silver wind
swords dance

Basically, this pokemon's goal is to baton pass its jacked-up speed and attack(sword dance) to my next physical sweeper(Metagross). It also takes care of physic and dark pokemon(Gengar) to some extent with silver wind.

Metagross@ choice band
Adamant natured

Meteor mash
Rock Slide
EQ
Explosion

Meteor Mash is for STAB, Rock Slide takes care of a weakness, fire, and also those annoying fire and flying types I can't take out with EQ, along with the ice type. EQ takes care of electric, most fire, poison, and is overall a great move anyway. Explosion I use to abuse Meatagross's great attacking stat and take out pokemon I don't have an effective type matchup with.

Milotic@leftovers
bold natured
252 HP, 224 def, 32 spA

Surf
Toxic
Recover
Ice Beam

Surf is for stab, and takes out many types I haven't covered yet. Toxic is to outlast fellow walls as well as waitng for a pokemon to die while i recover off damage. Recover is obvious, and ice beam takes care of dragon and grass types. This is my tank.

Ninjask@ ????????
Jolly natured

Baton pass
silver wind
swords dance

Metagross@ choice band
Adamant natured

Meteor mash
Rock Slide
EQ
Explosion

Milotic@leftovers
bold natured
252 HP, 224 def, 32 spA

Surf
Toxic
Recover
Ice Beam

about ninjask: I wouldn't lead with it, cause if you confront an experienced player it won't work. It's better to keep it for the mid game when you have get rid of the opponents phazer

metagross: if you are thinking to make it the recipient of baton pass, change the choice band for something like lum berry. Being locked in one move won't help those stat boosts

Hi everyone!
I got a weird question,
I'm training a Golem, and at the end of any fights,
instead of having "golem gains XXX exp. point"
I'm having " golem gains a bonus of XXX exp. point"
it's doing this only for my golem,
does anyone have an explanation for this?
(by the way my golem is getting more exp. points than my others Pokemons)

Hi everyone!
I got a weird question,
I'm training a Golem, and at the end of any fights,
instead of having "golem gains XXX exp. point"
I'm having " golem gains a bonus of XXX exp. point"
it's doing this only for my golem,
does anyone have an explanation for this?
(by the way my golem is getting more exp. points than my others Pokemons)
Traded mons get boosted experience.

In GSC and RBY, when you get leech seeded:

1° should you lose HP after you move (even if you're faster)

or

2° should you lose HP at the end of the turn.

I know for poison it's the former, but i'm not sure it's the same for everything.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Does any one know how critical rate in GSC take account stat boosts / drops?

RBY: CH ignores all offensive / defensive boosts / drops
GSC: ???
ADV onwards: CH ignores offensive drops and defensive boosts. For instance vs a -1 Atk Mon A vs +2 Def Mon B, a CH would calculate as if Mon A had +0 Atk and Mon B had +0 Def. If Mon A had +2 Atk, or if Mon B had -1 Def, then those stages will not be ignored.

I believe CH in GSC ignores both drops in offensive and defensive stat, but i'm not quite certain.

I think offensive drops and defensive boosts are also ignored in gsc UNLESS you would do more damage taking them into account.
For example in a +6 curselax war, both your offensive boosts and your opponent's defensive boosts are ignored, as 318 atk vs 228 def does more damage than 999 atk vs 912 def.
However, in a +6 skarm war neither of them is ignored as 992 vs 999 hits harder than 248 vs 378.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)