Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - VGC edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
What's the preferred nature for Kyogre, both Scarf and non-Scarf versions? Modest or Timid?
well i would say modest because a scarfed kyogre will outspeed most other pokemon. u are hitting about 260 speed at lvl 100 with no speed iv's. so a few IV's add 50% of that and u can even outspeed a max speed mewtwo, no need to be timid and scrafed

well i would say modest because a scarfed kyogre will outspeed most other pokemon. u are hitting about 260 speed at lvl 100 with no speed iv's. so a few IV's add 50% of that and u can even outspeed a max speed mewtwo, no need to be timid and scrafed
Okay, that makes sense. Would there really be any merit to having a Timid ScarfOgre to outspeed other ScarfOgres, or would that not really be worth the drop in Special Attack?

What about Kyogre without Scarf? Are they usually Timid or Modest? I know some were using Quiet with a 0 Speed IV and a Speed-reducing item to ensure weather, but I haven't seen that lately outside of Trick Room teams.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay, that makes sense. Would there really be any merit to having a Timid ScarfOgre to outspeed other ScarfOgres, or would that not really be worth the drop in Special Attack?

What about Kyogre without Scarf? Are they usually Timid or Modest? I know some were using Quiet with a 0 Speed IV and a Speed-reducing item to ensure weather, but I haven't seen that lately outside of Trick Room teams.
non scarfed kyogres who are not in a trickroom team will be timid, unless they want weather then they will probably be quite. but yeah non scarfed kyogre's will be timid and be late sweepers not leads. and be warned they may carry a life orb.

as for timid scarfed ogres to outspeed other scarfed ogres......well i dont know anymore because after the san-francisco regional i am seeing kyogre's go from leads to late sweepers/TR late sweepers so i dont think scafing a ogre with timid to outspeed other scarfed ogres is that big of a issue anymore. but i dont know dude

Say if you wanted to be a pure exploder, who would be better for taking down stuff in VCG. Azelf, for it's speed to likely get the explosion in first before your opponent attacks, or Metagross, for it's extra attack stat to have a better chance at destroying the other pokemon?

EDIT: What are your thoughts on Lickilicky over Azelf or Metagross as an exploder?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Totally forgot to ask this. My lil bro is coming with me (haha little, he's 23). But he's a lazy noob and still doesn't have a drivers license (slacker), ummmmm what constitutes "proof of age"? I assume he has a Missouri ID, but man I gotta find out lol.

What have you guys who have been so far this year had to show?

Say if you wanted to be a pure exploder, who would be better for taking down stuff in VCG. Azelf, for it's speed to likely get the explosion in first before your opponent attacks, or Metagross, for it's extra attack stat to have a better chance at destroying the other pokemon?

EDIT: What are your thoughts on Lickilicky over Azelf or Metagross as an exploder?
Lickilicky is a great Exploder because its the only STAB explosion. But it is slow not as Bulky as Metagross and could get destroyed by a Hitmontop if you see one.

Metagross is the most viable Exploder. Steel Type is so much more valuable than Normal. Also Bullet Punch is amazing to beat Focus Sash and Metagross can easily beat Abomasnow

Also a quick question: Can you list 6 items on your sheet if you only use 5 Pokemon?

andrea

/me cresselias
Metagross is the most viable Exploder. Steel Type is so much more valuable than Normal. Also Bullet Punch is amazing to beat Focus Sash and Metagross can easily beat Abomasnow

Also a quick question: Can you list 6 items on your sheet if you only use 5 Pokemon?
Just attach your sixth item to some fodder. Go catch a Mareep =P

What does everyone think of running this as a supporter?
Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Jolly
Technician

Fake Out
Extremespeed
Spore
Dark Void
252 ATK 252 SPE 4 Whatever

I've been considering it, but I need an extra opinion.

Totally forgot to ask this. My lil bro is coming with me (haha little, he's 23). But he's a lazy noob and still doesn't have a drivers license (slacker), ummmmm what constitutes "proof of age"? I assume he has a Missouri ID, but man I gotta find out lol.

What have you guys who have been so far this year had to show?
I'd assume a passport would also work, or any general ID. A driver's license is preferable, obviously, though I'm sure a school ID would work, too.

A birth certificate would be fine, as well.

So I used some hacks for helping training and now there are 90x point cards, 90x rule books and 90x 2 other things in my MAIL pocket (similar to the 95 explorer kits). so i dont wanna get DQed at the VGC so how do i get rid of these things?

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
So I used some hacks for helping training and now there are 90x point cards, 90x rule books and 90x 2 other things in my MAIL pocket (similar to the 95 explorer kits). so i dont wanna get DQed at the VGC so how do i get rid of these things?
Transfer your Pokemon to another cart, restart, then trade them back.

I had done the same on my first HG File (bag modifiers); while I had emptied it of anything that might get me DQ'ed, I didn't want to take the chance.

However, the hack check isn't as scary as you think it is; it won't flag you for things like using a Vitamin for EV's code (unless you're dumb and have a fully EV'd Legendary that hasn't gained any Experience...or exceed the EV Cap) or for using the "Press Select to OHKO a Pokemon" code.

Are 30/22/30/30/30/31 and 30/18/30/30/30/31 the best Modest HP Flying spreads for Kyogre? For HP Flying 70, if you want a 31 Speed IV, which seems like the most important flawless stat to have, then none of your other IVs can be above 30. :/

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Are 30/22/30/30/30/31 and 30/18/30/30/30/31 the best Modest HP Flying spreads for Kyogre? For HP Flying 70, if you want a 31 Speed IV, which seems like the most important flawless stat to have, then none of your other IVs can be above 30. :/
Yeah, but just be happy you can get a 31 Speed IV at all with HP Flying.

I've waited too long for this... I've finally got a decent strategy, but I can't for the life of me pull off RNG abuse, and so I don't have the actual, physical team together. Could I borrow from someone?

I've waited too long for this... I've finally got a decent strategy, but I can't for the life of me pull off RNG abuse, and so I don't have the actual, physical team together. Could I borrow from someone?
Try to start trading in the Wifi forum, or get a succesful RNGer to do some BPs for you.

But you normally have to offer something in return.

What vgc are you going to?
Dallas. Provided, of course, I get a team. It's sixteen hours from here. If I don't have a team by Thursday, I'll just crash nationals if I can get one constructed by then.

Try to start trading in the Wifi forum, or get a succesful RNGer to do some BPs for you.

But you normally have to offer something in return.
The problem is that I have almost nothing worthy of note! But thank you, I'll see what I can do. I'm still looking to simply borrow a few Pokemon, as I doubt I'll be able to trade fast enough.

I'd say yes, the only thing a lower speed IV would do is make you lose to other trick room slowbros. When you consider trick room is very rare, it's fine
Wouldn't a lower speed iv actually allow him to beat other TR Slowbro's because he would be faster when trick room is in effect :?

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
Dallas. Provided, of course, I get a team. It's sixteen hours from here. If I don't have a team by Thursday, I'll just crash nationals if I can get one constructed by then.

The problem is that I have almost nothing worthy of note! But thank you, I'll see what I can do. I'm still looking to simply borrow a few Pokemon, as I doubt I'll be able to trade fast enough.

I've got a few teams if you need one - 3137 9508 8735.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)