Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open battle: 3v3
Singles
NFE's only
no switch
4 chills each side
No recovery.
Dq=2 days
The Cell Games Arena
This arena is a large, elevated platform aproximately 150 feet long by 150 feet wide, and 2 feet long. At each corner, a thin pole extends vertically for about 50 feet. Falling out of the arena means an automatic knock out, and the Pokemon that hit the disqualified Pokemon last scores a KO counter. Because the platform is synthetic, moves such as Earthquake, Earth Power, and Dig cannot be used. There is no water for miles, but the surrounding area is desert, so Sandstorms, Rain, and harsh sunlight can be created, but it is too hot to hail. There is Grass, but moves such as Grass Knot that use external sources of Grass cannot be used because the nearest Grass is several meters away from the platform.
Taking this.
Training Items Only. I have 1 Amulet Coin, so that's all im using.
One Substitution per Round

OPEN TRAINING CHALLENGE

4v4 Doubles
Switch=OK
I would prefer training items only.
2 recoveries/5 chills per mon.
DQ=2 days
ASB Arena, with a twist:

The base weather is PERMANENT HAIL.

Rain moves/abilities change Hail to Sleet rather than Rain, which behaves as follows:
-All Hail-based abilities trigger, and mons who lack Hail immunity take 2 DPT as usual.
-All Rain-based abilities trigger except for Swift Swim.
-Fire-type moves have reduced BP a la Rain, which Water types have increased BP a la Rain.
-Hurricane and Thunder have 85% accuracy.
-Blizzard has perfect accuracy.
-Weather Ball is Water-type.
-Castform is Water/Ice-type.

Sandstorm moves/abilities change Hail to Debris rather than Sandstorm, which behaves as follows:
-All Hail-based abilities trigger, and mons who lack Hail immunity take 2 DPT as usual.
-All Sand-based abilities trigger.
-Pokemon who lack immunity to Hail take 2 DPT, while Pokemon that lack immunity to Sand take 2 DPT. Pokemon that lack immunity to either take 4 DPT.
-Rock-types experience no special defense increase.
-Weather Ball is Rock-type.
-Castform is Rock/Ice-type.

Sun moves/abilities result in Diamond Dust, which behaves as follows:
-Flower Gift triggers, but no other Sun-based abilities do so. If the ref wishes they may change Cherrim's Sunny sprite to a poinsettia.
-Fire-type moves receive a 1 BP boost rather than a 3 BP boost. Water-type moves receive the full 3 BP drop.
-Synthesis heals the amount under weatherless conditions, as do Moonlight and Morning Sun.
-Solarbeam has no charge time and hits for 12 BP.
-Thunder/Hurricane have 60% accuracy.
-Weather Ball is Fire-type.
-Castform is Fire/Ice-type.
-Freeze rates on moves are halved.

Air Lock changes the weather to Hail and prevents Sleet, Debris, or Diamond Dust.
Cloud Nine is changed to the following:
-Pokemon with Cloud Nine will suffer no Hail damage but retain Blizzard's perfect accuracy against them.
-Diamond Dust and Sleet do not increase damage from Fire or Water against them.
-Diamond Dust and Sleet do not reduce the damage of their Fire or Water attacks.
-Debris deals no damage to them.
-Solarbeam has normal BP in all weathers. Diamond Dust means no charge time.
-Solarbeam always charges against them with 6 BP outside of Diamond Dust.
-Thunder and Hurricane have 70% accuracy when used against Cloud Nine mons under weathers besides Diamond Dust, and 60% under that.
-Thunder and Hurricane have 70% accuracy when used by Cloud Nine mons under weathers besides Sleet, which gives 85% accuracy.
-The active effect of Cloud Nine returns the weather to pure Hail.

Seeking a SketchMatch!

I'm just seeking to sketch 3 moves, any three from this list:

Counter/Mirror Coat/Toxic/Thunder Wave/Super Fang/Encore/Heal Bell/Spore/Torment/Normal Type Recovery Move/Earthquake/Gear Grind/Acrobatics/Bonemerang/Double Team/Swift/Safeguard/Dual Chop/Double Hit

If you can meet that req, you can decide anything else you want, as long as i can sketch those 3 moves =)

EDIT: I meant 1v1 singles or 3v3 triples....sorry maxim, not a really big fan of multi-mon singles.
I'll take that.

3v3 Triples
LC mons only (except the Sketch mon)
2 Day DQ
Ref's Choice of Arena

EDIT: Triples will work (Since I don't have those three moves on a single pokemon)
Seeking a Ref for this match still.

Also posting to issue another match!

1v1 Singles
LC/Middlemons (Please specify)
2 Day DQ
Challenger's choice arena

Issuing an open challenge!
Opponent can choose the arena
3v3 mixed singles (1 weakmon FE, 1 middlemon, 1 LC mon)
2 Day DQ
5 recovers/ chills
Also, I will take your challenge, waterwarrior. Training items allowed.
Turns out the arena I picked out doesn't allow unevolved mons. So let's go with this;
Arena;
Field Type: All
Complexity: Simple
Restrictions: All NFE's get the effect of a boosted Eviolite (*2 Def and SpA) without holding one.

This stadium is like the tournament arena. However, there is a break in the bleachers, where there is a large, enclosed white room with a door for employee access. Inside, scientists have built a machine that emits special invisible light rays, that weaker Pokemon (NFE's) absorb in their bone marrow (or something in their body if they have no bones). This increases thier body's stability, in effect giving a boosted Eviolite effect (boosting Def. and SpD by *2). This allows NFE Pokemon to be competitive with FE Pokemon.
Other people, y u no ref?!

OPEN TRAINING CHALLENGE

4v4 Doubles
Switch=OK
I would prefer training items only.
2 recoveries/5 chills per mon.
DQ=2 days
ASB Arena, with a twist:

The base weather is PERMANENT HAIL.
Rain moves/abilities change Hail to Sleet rather than Rain, which behaves as follows:
-All Rain-based abilities trigger except for Swift Swim.
-Fire-type moves have reduced BP a la Rain, which Water types have increased BP a la Rain.
-Hurricane and Thunder have 85% accuracy.
-Weather Ball is Water-type.
-Castform is Water/Ice-type.

Sandstorm moves/abilities change Hail to Debris rather than Sandstorm, which behaves as follows:
-All Sand-based abilities trigger.
-Pokemon who lack immunity to Hail take 2 DPT, while Pokemon that lack immunity to Sand take 2 DPT. Pokemon that lack immunity to either take 4 DPT.
-Rock-types experience no special defense increase.
-Weather Ball is Rock-type.
-Castform is Rock/Ice-type.

Sun moves/abilities result in Diamond Dust, which behaves as follows:
-Flower Gift triggers, but no other Sun-based abilities do so. If the ref wishes they may change Cherrim's Sunny sprite to a poinsettia.
-Fire-type moves receive a 1 BP boost rather than a 3 BP boost. Water-type moves receive the full 3 BP drop.
-Synthesis heals the amount under weatherless conditions, as do Moonlight and Morning Sun.
-Solarbeam has no charge time and hits for 12 BP.
-Thunder/Hurricane have 60% accuracy.
-Weather Ball is Fire-type.
-Castform is Fire/Ice-type.
-Freeze rates on moves are halved.

Air Lock changes the weather to Hail and prevents Sleet, Debris, or Diamond Dust.
Cloud Nine is changed to the following:
-Pokemon with Cloud Nine will suffer no Hail damage but retain Blizzard's perfect accuracy against them.
-Diamond Dust and Sleet do not increase damage from Fire or Water against them.
-Diamond Dust and Sleet do not reduce the damage of their Fire or Water attacks.
-Debris deals no damage to them.
-Solarbeam has normal BP in all weathers. Diamond Dust means no charge time.
-Solarbeam always charges against them with 6 BP outside of Diamond Dust.
-Thunder and Hurricane have 70% accuracy when used against Cloud Nine mons under weathers besides Diamond Dust, and 60% under that.
-Thunder and Hurricane have 70% accuracy when used by Cloud Nine mons under weathers besides Sleet, which gives 85% accuracy.
-The active effect of Cloud Nine returns the weather to pure Hail.
Sounds like Weather-based fun. =]

Abilities = All
Old Substitution Rules

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Alright.

CHALLENGING FLAMESTRIKE
4v4 NFE Singles
Infinite Recovers/chills
DQ: 48 Hours
Abilities: All
Switch: OK
Items: On
Substitutions: 2
Arena: Type Changing Arena
Arena: Type Changing Arena
Field Type: All Types
Complexity: Simple
Formats: All Formats

Restrictions: All moves are allowed.

Description:
It's the standard arena, except somebody has implanted a strange device in the middle of the field! For the duration of the first round, this device is off. After the end of each round, though, it beeps and suddenly alters the elemental makeup of the arena, giving certain benefits to certain types and detriments to some other ones. Each time the makeup is altered, a random type is chosen. All attacking moves whose types hit the chosen type for super effective damage have 2 more BAP, while all attacking moves whose types hit the chosen type for not very effective or zero damage have 2 less BAP.

Summary: Certain types get buffed every round.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
OPEN CHALLENGE/MOCK GYM BATTLE

4v4 FE Doubles (IAR will bring 8, choose 4)
2 Day DQ Time
2 Substitutions
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per mon
Switch=OK
All Abilities
Items=On
Arena: IAR's Ground Gym (Working Name)
Field Type: Ground
Complexity: Intense
Format: All

Restrictions: No Natural Grass, Only Sandstorm & Clear weather permitted, Sky Drop, Bounce & Fly do not gain enough altitude to evade, Poorly-lit Indoor arena

Description: Just a Tenative. In the works & is now being battle-tested to see if this arena would be good enough for ASB Gym Administration standards without being too good, ahead of my Job as Ground Type Gym Leader.

Mechanics:

• Mud patches around the arena have enough water to be considered usable as an external Water Source.
    • However, all the mud means that such attacks become Ground Type moves.
    • These attacks can still be nullified by Storm Drain.
    • Any Pokemon hiding in Mud Patches through the use of moves like Dive can also be affected by seismic moves at x2 Power.
  • Because of the humidity of the arena, any Water & Ice Type move used by any non-Ground Type Pokemon have their BAP reduced by 3 (Ground Types are used to such humidity).
    • This includes Water-Type moves converted into Ground Type moves due to needing a water source.
  • If two Pokemon on the same team use non-Single target move that has 0 Priority, AND a Pokemon with a speed stat in-between the fastest & the slowest users of the move in question uses a move with 0 priority, then that move in question will be treated as -1 priority attack for the action.
^Sure, why not? They're pretty fresh, but I got four mons to work with.
We need a ref for this!

Looking for a match for my grand re-entry into ASB.

6v6 Singles
Max 2 FEs per team
3 day DQ, 5 if you're the ref
2 Substitutions
Switch=KO
2 recovers, 5 chills per 'mon
Items=Off
Abilities=All

Arena: Sumo Ring

Functionally the same as the ASB Arena, except Critical hits have a 1/8 chance of knocking the defender out of the ring, which is an instant KO.

Any takers?

Seeking a SketchMatch!

I'm just seeking to sketch 3 moves, any three from this list:

Counter/Mirror Coat/Toxic/Thunder Wave/Super Fang/Encore/Heal Bell/Spore/Torment/Normal Type Recovery Move/Earthquake/Gear Grind/Acrobatics/Bonemerang/Double Team/Swift/Safeguard/Dual Chop/Double Hit

If you can meet that req, you can decide anything else you want, as long as i can sketch those 3 moves =)

EDIT: I meant 1v1 singles or 3v3 triples....sorry maxim, not a really big fan of multi-mon singles.
I'll take that.

3v3 Triples
LC mons only (except the Sketch mon)
2 Day DQ
Ref's Choice of Arena

EDIT: Triples will work (Since I don't have those three moves on a single pokemon)
Reffing this.
Some missing info so I'll decide the rest!

ASB Arena
No Items
No Abilities
Two Subs per Team per Round
Five Chills per Team/No Recovers

Complications, just letting you know, its your turn to attack in that battle. You shouldn't call a subref because its not his turn, so he's not over DQ. He may have looked at the battle while offline, and seen that he didnt need to ref yet. Post your actions first.

..... Second pages can go die....

Sorry about that. I wouldve taken it, had i not just taken that triples.

Dont wanna overload myself during the schoolweek..

Lol^

CHALLENGING Pwnemon
2 v 2 NFE Singles
2 Recovers/5 Chills
DQ: 48 Hours
Abilities: All
Switch: KO
Items: On
Substitutions: 1 per turn
Arena: Spring ASB Stadium
Description: The standard ASB field, with a few differences. At the beginning of each round, a random wether effect from the list of Rain, Hail, Sun, or Sandstorm will be chosen to effect the match. With each weather, there is a 25% chance that a Castform will appear, knowing only Weatherball. It will attack each trainer once per round, and whoever KOs it gets an additional KO counter. The Castform has a Hardy nature and no item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)