1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Be Unpopular or Die! PE Umbreon Dan wins!

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by vonFiedler, May 6, 2012.

1. LightWolf

LightWolf lightwoof
    is a Forum Moderator

SODA, I'M VOTING SODA. GO KOK
  2. Aura Guardian

Aura Guardian

3. idiotfrommars

idiotfrommars schemes and plots are the same thing
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

I think I'll take the tea thank you very much.
  4. Tonykantos

Tonykantos

wait, you say it doesn't makes sense? That's insulting, sir, I put all my efforts into that essay
  5. Agape

Agape

Just noting that you shouldn't vote the gourmet sodas, since it's the option most people seem to want, and up to this point the best/most wanted item has won. I think it will change in the 4th round onwards due to increases in prize worth. Also from what I have gathered, it appears popular.

Up to you to judge if this was written honestly or just for pc++ (I need a new PC though but that's irrelevant)
  6. UncleSam

UncleSam

Just pointing out that the prize with the most support in the thread has not yet garnered the most votes, the fact that three people are publicly voting for soda doesn't mean that A. they are telling the truth or B. anyone else is.
  7. kingofmars

kingofmars
    is a Past SPL Winneris a VGC2 Winner

Unclesam, why would I lie about voting for soda, since that only makes my odds of living worse. And for those who are thinking of voting for soda now, probably only one other person can vote for it while still being safe, since there's always the chance of some guy voting for it without saying so.
  8. ssbbm

ssbbm

um im voting soda too!
  9. kingofmars

kingofmars

okay, no one else vote for soda. It makes the risk too high that if another person votes for soda, we all die. Including the person who's thinking about voting for soda, yes, you.
  10. vonFiedler

vonFiedler GAMG GRGAK
    is a Community Contributor

At the end of Round 3 the results are;

Show Hide
    3 Tea and Biscotti - Fatecrashers, Umbreon Dan, UncleSam
    3 Gourmet Sodas - Aura Guardian, kingofkongs, ssbbm
    6 Smoked Salmon - Captain Bagman, Earthworm, Engineer Pikachu, shade, Orcinus Duo, Wild Eep
    8 Unpopular Trophy - Ace Emerald, Agape, idiotfrommars, Lightwolf, Nightmare Jigglypuff, reyscarface, Snunch, Tonykantos

I was afraid this would happen. I guess the world is just too fucked up to handle the Unpopular Trophy, so 8 players have starved to death in Africa.

LonelyNess is currently the most unpopular person on Smogon, but he's not competing so forget I said anything.

That leaves 12 players. It'd be really cool if 6 of you voted for the same thing this round, would save me about 15 dollars.

Show Hide
    Aura Guardian
    Captain Bagman
    Earthworm
    Engineer Pikachu
    Fatecrashers
    kingofkongs
    Orcinus Duo
    shade
    ssbbm
    Umbreon Dan
    Unclesam
    Wild Eep

Round 4

Once again we get more expensive, and we get to the last of popular Gift Basket foods. Unless I run out of ideas.

Prize #1 Magic Cards

[​IMG]

I never learned sleight of hand myself, but I hear you can do so many tricks with magic cards that they even have big tournaments for this sort of thing. Since there was a thriving thread in a forum, I figured a good prize would be 3 packs of whatever set I find at my grocery store.

Prize #2 Crackers and Spread

[​IMG]

I know it doesn't look delicious (or like it would stay fresh if shipped overseas) but this party supply and gift basket delicacy will turn any dull baby shower into a jumping bar mitzvah. Actually what is pictured does look like shit but I have a better one in mind and it will keep, I know my fucking cheese.

Prize #3 Cheese and Sausage

[​IMG]

And I love my fucking cheese. Want something that is classy, but less frog legs classy and more beer and cigars classy? Then you want Cheese and Sausage. This is basically the peanut butter and jelly of gift baskets, so I expect 6 players to take it.

Prize #4 Mystery Prize

[​IMG]

Only for the truly daring, Prize #4 could be anything. It could be a gift certificate. It could be more food. It could even be a car!!!!!!! (my lawyer says I have to inform you that it's not a car) While Prize #4 is a mystery, it also has the highest dollar value. In my honest opinion it is the best prize so far, Unless you already have one which would be super awkward.

Deadline is in 48 hours. Get me those choices!
  11. reyscarface

reyscarface
    is a Tiering Contributoris Smogon Frontier's Tower Tycoondefeated the Smogon Frontier

wow fuck you all i actually wanted the trophy
  12. idiotfrommars

idiotfrommars schemes and plots are the same thing
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

dats some bull
  13. Snunch

Snunch
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 8th Official Smogon Tournament

picking #4 every time was the optimal strategy. this game is bullshit.
  14. Wild Eep

Wild Eep pet pet pet
    is a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

Claiming the magic cards. I haven't seen any of the other remaining players in #mtg, so I think I'd make the best use of those cards.
  15. Aura Guardian

Aura Guardian

Voting for Cheese and Sausage in a group of 3 - 25% of the vote, so don't vote that unless you really want to to lose. (Others posting really soon.)
  16. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

cheese and sausage
  17. kingofmars

kingofmars

Seriously, you don't want to vote with us 3, unless you like guaranteed death.
  18. Aura Guardian

Aura Guardian

To elaborate: If this ups to 4 people, that leaves needing 5/8 remaining all voting one other thing , which assuming no coordination except that they know better than to vote Cheese and Sausage is 8!/(3!*5!) * 1/3 ^ 5 * 2/3 ^ 3 + 8!/(6!*2!) * 1/3^6 * 2/3 ^ 2 + 8!/(7!*1!) * 1/3^7 * 2/3 + 1/3^8 = 448/6561 + 112/6561 + 16/6561 + 1/6561 = 577/6561 = 8.79%. Yes, less than 10% survival chance if you vote with us in the best reasonable case scenario.
  19. Captain Bagman

Captain Bagman

Lol, math. Cheese and sausage it is.
  20. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

nobody wants magic cards, so voting that is a guarantee that you'll stay in the game... on the other hand, if you win, then you're stuck with a bunch of magic cards...
  21. Orcinus Duo

Orcinus Duo

One of you guys change your vote because I'm doing cheese and sausage

What now

Nah I'm actually doing mystery prize.

Mystery Prizers: myself, ssbbm
  22. Engineer Pikachu

Engineer Pikachu Good morning, you bastards!
    is a Contributor to Smogon

just sayin' the mtg cards look mighty cool

except now that I'm voting for them they're not quite so cool anymore because there is a huger risk of death
  23. Tonykantos

Tonykantos

I also wanted the trophy :(!!!!
  24. Earthworm

Earthworm
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 6 Champion

Voting Magic cards, so that's eep / pikachu / me, = 3.

please dont suicide for cards
  25. ssbbm

ssbbm

MYSTERY PRIZE >>>>>>>>>>>>>

also please post if you're doing mystery prize because yeah................

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)