1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Antar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. NGC-2024

NGC-2024

I know its just that it probably hasn't been updated in a while, but PS is saying that Stockpile and Shell Armor is incompatible on Torterra. There was an event where it received both at the same time:
    http://www.serebii.net/events/2012.shtml

I dunno if it's a "bug" but cmon I just wanna use it ):
  2. Tog3T3st

Tog3T3st

I don't know if this is happening with someone else, but it keep saying that Hitmontop can't learn close combat, when you trying to search a battle (VGC style). I can't find the problem.
  3. Mr.E

Mr.E im the best
    is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Winner

Apparently you did not read my post. ;[ Set your Hitmontop to a higher level in the teambuilder. VGC autolevels you down to 50 anyway but Hitmontop doesn't learn Close Combat until at least Level 51 (Gen 4), so presumably it has to be that high (or 55 when it learns CC in Gen 5). The only problem is the display error usually states that, rather than simply saying the mon can't learn that move period.
  4. Magcargo

Magcargo
    is a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

I can't log in to pokemon showdown. Even though I type my name, I always remain a guest. It doesn't ever ask me for a password.
  5. MeteorMiss

MeteorMiss

This doesn't work; even when I set my tentacool to level 100, it still claims the moveset is illegal.
  6. Mr.E

Mr.E im the best
    is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Winner

Did I say anything about Tentacool? ;[ I had the exact same problem with Hitmontop when I was modifying my VGC team, Joim and bmelts had a talk with me on IRC about it and hey it works. I was replying to Tog3T3st's post directly above mine.

Your problem is similar to the egg move problems surrounding Tyrogue and friends before they were presumably fixed. Apparently others got broken applying said fix. Hopefully everything eventually works as intended.
  7. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

j/s Unaware still ignore status boosts from moldbreaker / teravolt users.

EDIT: NOT GOOD ENOUGH
  8. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

Guys, relax. I fixed the level 50 Hitmontop issue and the level 5 Tentacool issue. :3
  9. KidChameleon

KidChameleon

10. Valafar123

Valafar123

11. Omnivore

Omnivore

12. MikeDecIsHere

MikeDecIsHere And the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate.
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
    Mentor

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ru9972263

In the case of the poster above me, Mespirit used Healing Wish, however, it did not faint. There was a case where I was knocked out after using Healing Wish, in which the move then took effect.
  13. Jacobzilla

Jacobzilla

I've come to report the same glitch. My weezing can continually use memento without fainting.
  14. Valafar123

Valafar123

Glad I'm not alone.

Came across the same guy again and he tried to spam it again.

I was like "Dude, don't".

Some people.
  15. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

"The timer is already ticking down" is a message you get when you try to turn on a timer that's already on. Typing "/timer stop" used to be interpreted as "/timer on", so it actually makes sense.

I've changed it so you have to explicitly type either "/timer" or "/timer on" to turn on the timer.
  16. Cathy

Cathy

The issue where Memento, Lunar Dance, and Healing Wish did not faint the user has been fixed. It should be fixed on the live server in all battles started after ~1:20 PM UTC-7.

Jacobzilla's post above was at 1:25 PM, so that battle probably started before the relevant time.
  17. Phrygian

Phrygian

18. HiImGrey

HiImGrey

Magnezone's Thunderbolt somehow ignored by Skarmory's Sturdy.

Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  19. Phoenix512

Phoenix512

There's a thing that it shows you have 100% but really it's like 99.5%. I recall seeing that before. It's like when sometimes you are still standing at 0% because your actual HP is like 0.4% or lower.

Sturdy activates at 100% health not 99.5%.
  20. -PkmTrainerBlue-

-PkmTrainerBlue-

¿Bug Rapid Spin Of Starmie burned?

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

lol?
  21. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    Creator of PS

Tentacruel's substitute already took damage before. When it used substitute, it already had a substitute, so nothing happened. The previous substitute didn't get replenished.
  22. Tuter King

Tuter King

I found an issue with the side bar showing what Pokemon is alive and such with Zoroark. If Zoroark is never hit and dies from something like toxic, the side bar shows that the pokemon it was faking, lets say Mew, has died instead of Zoroark. Also when Mew is sent out it shows that there is no active Pokemon on the field and show that Zoroark is still alive, even though it is not. Also after all pokemon on the field have gone down it still shows that Zoroark is still alive in sidebar, although it does not affect the battle in anyway.

Here is a replay of this happening,
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou10065495
  23. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    Creator of PS

That's not a bug.

The sidebar doesn't show your opponent's pokemon. It shows what you know about the opponent's pokemon. Illusion confuses what you know about the opponent's pokemon. That's the whole point of Illusion.
  24. Phoenix512

Phoenix512

Swanna used Roost and lost its Flying type and thus it was super effective on the Water typing.
  25. IstheCakeReallyaLie

IstheCakeReallyaLie

When using (non-Ghost) Curse in doubles, I have to select a target. The move works as normal otherwise.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)