1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Antar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Scorpiopt

Scorpiopt

2. Menace13

Menace13

3. default NNC

default NNC

In addition to previously mentioned moveset illegalties:

Dwebble can't have a moveset of Spikes/Stealth Rock/Shell Smash/Rock Blast;
    - Dwebble can't learn Spikes because it's incompatible with another move.
    But Pineco >Spikes> Dwebble(M) >Learns all three other moves via Lv.up> Breeds to Lv. 5 Dwebble.

Shellder can't have a moveset of Shell Smash/Rapid Spin/Icicle Spear/Rock Blast;
    - Shellder can't learn Shell Smash because it's incompatible with another move.
    But for Rapid Spin, Squirtle>Tentacool>Anorith(M), Anorith learns Rock Blast via Lv. up> Breed to Shellder(M) >Shellder learns Shell Smash+Icicle Spear via Lv. up> Breed to Lv. 5 Shellder.

Larvesta can't have a moveset of Flare Blitz/Wild Charge/U-Turn/Morning Sun
    - Larvesta can't learn Morning Sun because it's incompatible with another move.
    But Beautifly >Morning Sun> Larvesta(M) >Learns Flare Blitz via Lv. up> Breed to Larvesta Lv. 5 >Larvesta learns U-Turn+Wild Charge via TM.

Poliwag can't have a moveset of Encore/Belly Drum/Waterfall/Return
    - Poliwag can't learn Encore because it's incompatible with another move.
    But Spheal >Encore> Poliwag >Belly Drum> Poliwag lv. 5 > learns other moves via TM/HM.

-Thanks, and sorry about the messy format.
  4. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

All fixed! I have better chainbreeding support now! :D
  5. Nysyr

Nysyr

Can't see this posted so...

Toxic + Synchronize is inflicting toxic back on the attacker, rather than normal poison like it should.
  6. Manitary

Manitary

This is correct, I just tested on White 2 and Toxic is reflected as toxic poison and not normal poison
  7. oneirodrakon

oneirodrakon

When disconnected and reconnect, cannot rejoin battle. The screen show up instead of the player's side, it shows the opponent's view.
  8. Espeon7373

Espeon7373

This happens occasionally to me as well. I usually have to exit the battle room, find my opponent on the userlist, and enter the battle room from there. Alternatively, I sometimes copy and paste the URL into a new tab. I don't know why this happens, though...
  9. Braverius

Braverius Free the music, unleash the vibe
    is a Tiering Contributor

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-doublesvgc2013dev10239748

For some odd reason, a Pokemon only drops 4HP when it's about to die from residual weather damage. I'm not sure why this is, but it happens quite often, if not always (can't think of any instance recently where I haven't seen this happen)

If the Pokemon is at 12%, it should drop 6.25% to 5.75%. If it's slightly above 12.5%, which would be an issue for a player turn-wise, it should be displayed as 13% (HP stat number is rounded down regardless, while HP percentage number is rounded up if above .5%). It displayed 12% dropping to 6%, therefore verifying it was at least 6.75%, and went to 2%, which is either a graphical or data glitch. It can understandably be a simple graphical glitch, but the percentages should be displayed to accurately reflect the damage so people don't get confused =/
  10. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

This is a new change that makes it more accurate to cartridges.

To be specific, it drops from 6 pixels to 3 pixels, and then from 3 pixels to 1 pixel. The game doesn't ever actually show HP percentage, so the HP percentage is deduced from the number of pixels shown.

This is part of an ongoing effort not to show anything a player in-game wouldn't know.

P.S. please use the "Share replay" button to share replays. If you just give the battle link, that expires in 15 minutes (and was already expired by the time I tried to look at it).
  11. devoninja

devoninja

Didn't hit share replay sorry. If you get to it in time here's the battle link:
    http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-balancedhackmons10257450

It's a balanced hackmons battle so things are unusual, but I'm sure this is a bug.

Turn 1 I trick his chansey a choice scarf
    Turn 12 His chansey uses transform. It's the same one it still has the HP missing
    Turn 13 His Chansey (as my slaking) uses drain punch
    Turn 14 His Chasey (as my slaking) outspeeds my gengar (because he has scarf) and uses crunch. He comments "lolwhat" "glitch?"

Edit: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/balancedhackmons10257450
  12. Aelsorm

Aelsorm

When I use Rapid Spin and I am killed by Iron barbs, Rapid Spin doesnt blow out Stealth Rock
  13. The Immortal

The Immortal Administrator of Showdown!
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor

Not a bug. Please read the first two posts next time, and/or search before posting an incorrect bug report.
  14. Magcargo 2

Magcargo 2
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

For some reason, my max speed, timid latias has 316 speed. Isn't it supposed to be 350?
  15. Enguarde

Enguarde Such Misfortune
    is a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

You have 0 speeds iv's, this can happen if the Pokemon previously in that slot used to know Gyro Ball or Trick Room. No bug here.
  16. The Last Tensiga

The Last Tensiga

Skull Bash doesn't up defense when used with power herb

Hey, in showdown, I used a powerherb to use skull bash and when I use the move, it doesn't up defense. Please fix this.
  17. Mew

Mew

[​IMG]

The problem is the team keeps going to the first in the list, which is quite annoying when you battle a lot.. fixes please?

EDIT: Forgot to metion this is the mac downloadable app.
  18. MJB

MJB Sup Peeps
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnus

In the teambuilder change your teams to the correct tier (its a drop down menu under the team name) and this will be fixed.
  19. Pauliwog

Pauliwog

Recently couldn't register due to it saying I needed to win a rated game. I've played it for months, won another rated game, just incase, in the battle txt I typed /register, and it said I need to win one >_> Still can't.
  20. oneirodrakon

oneirodrakon

Hmm, I imagine this would be a issue only applying to those who has bad internet connection.
    But according to the solution you have here, it seems they don't have battle reconnect directly..

Espeon7373's solution for battle reconnecting after d/c:
    -Find opponent on userlist, then re-challenge
    -Copy & Paste the URL into a new browser tab
  21. Mari

Mari

Please change the port number. 8000 conflicts with irdmi (Intel Remote Desktop Management Interface). You may use any port number >= 49152, as they won't be assigned to any specific service by the IANA.
  22. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    Creator of PS

Out of curiosity, do you actually use PS in such a way that it conflicts with irdmi?
  23. Baz Anderson

Baz Anderson

Mental Herb is supposed to stop Encore. When Encore is used on something with Mental Herb, it activates and says the effects have worn off - but they don't seem to.
  24. Melee Mewtwo

Melee Mewtwo lol, nice
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Not sure if this goes here or in tech support since it's kinda a bit of both but whenever you erase your password when you are registering an alt PS freezes up for a bit. Not really a big deal cause you can just click enter and it'll re-prompt you if they don't match.
  25. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan

Metronome has a couple of bugs, from what I noticed today. As shown in the log below, Sky Attack charges up, then metronome is selectable again. In addition, either the pop-up that says Metronome can't pick V-Create is wrong, or it's really supposed to, because Metronome picked it twice in the course of my battles today.

Turn 27
    The foe's Jirachi used Metronome!
    Waggling a finger let it use Sky Attack!
    The foe's Jirachi became cloaked in a harsh light!
    Make a Wish used Metronome!
    Waggling a finger let it use Heavy Slam!
    It's not very effective... The foe's Jirachi lost 7% of its health!
    Turn 28
    The foe's Jirachi used Metronome!
    Waggling a finger let it use Sharpen!
    The foe's Jirachi's Attack rose!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)