Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Ok so a friend of mine, user ShellShocker, and I did a test battle because he suspected that Imposter copied ivs- which, according to Smogon and Bulbapedia, it shouldn't. During this test, I used a team of 6 Dittos with imposter and 2 ivs in Speed. He used a team of 6 Brelooms, with 31 ivs in Speed. We battled. This is the log.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/customgame10901191

So in the battle, my 2 ivs Ditto outspeed his 31 iv Breloom quite a few times- both while using priority and non priority moves.

I think this is enough evidence that there is a bug.
You'll notice neither the Smogondex and Bulbapedia are on the list of acceptable sources for accurate game mechanics. -_-'

The correct answer is that while IVs aren't directly copied, the stats after IVs are copied straight-up.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogondoubles10911590

Turn 9, Marowak somehow outspeeds my Camerupt in trick room despite me having lower speed (76 vs 80 something).

Cost me the game :(:(:(:( that fawkin hypnosis ended up fking me over and camerupt fainted instantly..
Your IVs and Nature probably played a role.

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You'll notice neither the Smogondex and Bulbapedia are on the list of acceptable sources for accurate game mechanics. -_-'
lol

The correct answer is that while IVs aren't directly copied, the stats after IVs are copied straight-up.
Thanks for clearing that up. I thought it was like that but I couldn't express it properly.

Your IVs and Nature probably played a role.
... 0 IV's and negative nature.. I had 76 speed he had 85. It's even in the replay (what we said to each other).

I understand that the FlashFire triggers always with a fire move, even if it doesn't have 100% acc. In a battle I failed 2 times Magma Storm in a FlashFire Arcanine and NO active his ability, a fire move can't fails against a FlashFire Pokémon
KNOWN BUGS

- Special immunities like Flash Fire and Water Absorb check accuracy and can miss.

There appears to be a bug with Air Lock not cancelling the 50% damage buff during weather. I was just watching a match where a Choice Specs Reshiram was able to OHKO a 100% HP Rayquaza in the Sun. I double checked to make sure it was not a crit. No entry hazards were in place at the time.

According to damage calculations, this should not have been possible.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Reshiram Blue Flare vs. Naive 0 HP / 0- SpD Rayquaza: 236-278 (67.23 - 79.2%)

Looked around and couldn't find concise answers, asked Showdown chat and never got a response, so I'm putting this here:

Mental Herb does not fully block Encore- on the turn it is used the target is still forced to use the move they would have been locked into.

The game that prompted this: http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogondoubles10974931 (may contain very bad plays)

The relevant turns are 4 and 5. On turn 4 Cresselia used Helping Hand, on turn 5 I attempted to have Cresselia use Psychic on Whimsicott (I wanted whimsicott dead in case it had giga drain) but was forced into Helping Hand despite Mental Herb's activation, which is obviously not what I selected as Helping Hand has +5 priority and would have gone before Encore. I was not actually Encored into the move- the Helping Hand use on turn 6 was intentional, and the other options were not greyed out.

Turn 4

scumbag8 withdrew Shaymin-Sky!
scumbag8 sent out Whimsicott!
Cresselia used Helping Hand!
Cresselia is ready to help Tyranitar!
Tyranitar used Rock Slide!
[DEBUG] Boosting from Helping Hand.
[DEBUG] Spread modifier: 0.75.
The foe's Heracross lost 69% of its health!
The foe's Whimsicott lost 42% of its health!
The foe's Whimsicott held up its Red Card against Tyranitar!
Gastrodon was dragged out!
The foe's Heracross flinched!
[DEBUG] p1: Heracross move interrupted; movedThisTurn: false.
The sandstorm rages.
[DEBUG] natural immunity.
[DEBUG] weather immunity.
Cresselia is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Whimsicott is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Heracross is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Turn 5

The foe's Whimsicott used Encore!
Cresselia received an encore!
Cresselia used its Mental Herb to come back to its senses!
Cresselia's encore ended!
Cresselia used Helping Hand!

Cresselia is ready to help Gastrodon!
Gastrodon used Muddy Water!
The foe's Heracross lost 25% of its health!
It's not very effective... The foe's Whimsicott lost 29% of its health!
The foe's Heracross fainted!
The sandstorm rages.
[DEBUG] natural immunity.
[DEBUG] weather immunity.
Cresselia is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Whimsicott is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Rad Surfing Eirin: excuse me
scumbag8 sent out Darkrai!

I apologize if this is intended behavior. I looked and could not find the interaction documented anywhere beyond "it cures encore", and it is very unintuitive. I think it also *would* be mentioned somewhere if it was the case- Encoring a Trick Room user is a rather obvious use of the move, and one that you'd expect Mental Herb to stop. (At the same time though, I feel this would have been reported already by more serious VGC players...)

Struggle does no damage against a pokemon with wonderguard and a substitute. (its supposed to be a typeless attack and thus immune to wonderguard)

So, in a random battle, after using Outrage I did not become confused. While the Altaria I was using was holding a Lum Berry, it did not show that it activated. I could still see that my Altaria was holding a Lum Berry throughout the rest of the battle. Here is the link: http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/randombattle10991006
Pretty much the same thing happened to me. My Dragonite did not get post-outrage confusion. Like Espeon7373's case he had a lum berry, but had consumed it earlier in the match.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou11000464

There is a bug where Outrage lasts longer than 3 turns without the confusion drawback. It has happened for me, where my Flygon keeps Outraging 3+ turns without getting confused. It has also happened against me, where MoxieMence has Outrage 3+ turns without confusion.
Perhaps there is something about Knocking out the defending pokemon that messes up Outrage's turn-timer? In the situations where it has happened, the pokemon getting hit by the Outrage has been knocked-out.
(Reminds me of the R/B/Y glitch of Hyper Beam not resulting in a turn of recharge when knocking out an opponent)

The same bug occured in my last battle. After putting asleep a foe, I made a wrong input and try to put asleep another foe but he began to do Outrage without interuption and without confusion after the "Sleep Clause" was activated. I asked the other player and he told me he could not choose another move just like after the classical first Outrage. you could review it here. it began turn 13-14

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou11047517

Please debug that for the next time if you could find what's wrong ;-)

on original game i hardly miss zap cannon after the coil boost however in the simulator i miss a lot
Even after a coil boost, Zap Cannon only has a 2/3 chance of hitting. The chances are the same as in the cartridge games; you're probably just getting unlucky.

I think there is a bug with the move Outrage. I noticed today that sometimes my opponent is able to switch out/change moves before the user gets confused after 2 turns (i.e. there is no message stating that the pokemon's rampage has ended and is confused). This has caused me a decent amount of aggravation as it messed with the moves I made in several games. Can someone please look into it?

It's either a glitch where the Outrage user is able to change moves/switch out before the "rampage ends", or it's a bug that causes the "rampage ends" message to not show.

EDIT: I'll provide battle replay if it pops up again (I should've saved the last one...). It also seems that other people are having issues with Outrage as well.

Rather odd glitch I noticed a while ago that hasn't been fixed: the RU ladder doesn't decay. Proof is as follows.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3478376
This is the council page from January28th, I laddered hard and got an ok spot, I'm speedg sitting at 1842, #42 on the ladder.

And this is that same account from about a half hour ago. I'v used it sporadically after that first screen shot which is why the numbers are slightly different, but I haven't used it since the beginning of February at least so it should be decayed for sure. Just curious if this is just a glitch in this tier or if it's across all the ladders as all I really ladder in is RU. Any help on this would be appreciated, thanks.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I had a problem with Outrage too. My opponent in this battle used Outage with Kyurem-B, used it for two turns, never got confused, nor did it say the rampage had ended, and then was able to Freeze Shock my Ferrothorn (which is how I know it wasn't Lum or anything). What's the deal with that?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Rather odd glitch I noticed a while ago that hasn't been fixed: the RU ladder doesn't decay. Proof is as follows.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3478376
This is the council page from January28th, I laddered hard and got an ok spot, I'm speedg sitting at 1842, #42 on the ladder.

And this is that same account from about a half hour ago. I'v used it sporadically after that first screen shot which is why the numbers are slightly different, but I haven't used it since the beginning of February at least so it should be decayed for sure. Just curious if this is just a glitch in this tier or if it's across all the ladders as all I really ladder in is RU. Any help on this would be appreciated, thanks.
When a suspect test ends, the ratings on said ladder are generally frozen in place and do not decay. If said ladder needs to be reactivated, its ratings will be reset.

Struggle still hits through wonderguard even if it's a typeless attack
He was saying that Struggle was being blocked by Wonder Guard if the Wonder Guard user had a substitute, which is a bug (I brought it up before in this thread, but no one noticed apparently). It hits through Wonder Guard as intended when there is no sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)