1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Antar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Arcticblast

Arcticblast LOL STAFF FAG
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

When a suspect test ends, the ratings on said ladder are generally frozen in place and do not decay. If said ladder needs to be reactivated, its ratings will be reset.
  2. Toraen

Toraen

He was saying that Struggle was being blocked by Wonder Guard if the Wonder Guard user had a substitute, which is a bug (I brought it up before in this thread, but no one noticed apparently). It hits through Wonder Guard as intended when there is no sub.
  3. Takadiurga

Takadiurga

Pokemon Level 1,000

My Sawsbuck when I vs some players is Level 1,000? :C I can now destroy people yeah but I don't find that fair, Is there a fix?
  4. Joim

Joim Navigate the pitfalls, cross the great divide!
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

It's a Custom game problem, if you challenge someone you both need to set the levels to 100 menwhile it's not solved.
  5. GTS

GTS

Hello I haven't read through the thread, but one problem I found is that the Mac OS downloadable version of PS! has been borked ever since that big crash that happened a couple months back when PS was down for a couple days or more. It never worked after that.

Is there a simple solution to this, and is anyone actually working on that still? Just curious because it was quite convenient.

here is the error I get now: http://i47.tinypic.com/30covg3.jpg
  6. Jacobzilla

Jacobzilla

Anybody else having problems with rapid spin not spinning away hazards? I was spinning against an armaldo so it wasn't a ghost.
  7. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

Restarting doesn't fix it? You need some way to reset your DNS cache; might be somewhere in System Preferences...
  8. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

On PS, Foul Play gets boosted by the opponent's item when it should not. For example, Foul Play from Spiritomb against CB Entei does 72.23 - 85.17% when it should be doing 47.97 - 56.87%.
  9. codemonkeyz

codemonkeyz

The hax

i don't have any replays at the moment for it but the hax in showdown is kinda broken. not like glitched its just because this one match i protected 3 times in a row with yanmegga and getting the second protect on showdown is so easy not like in the game. Also the hax in this game the secondary effects hax effects land more often on showdown.
  10. MJB

MJB Sup Peeps
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnus

No im going to have to say your wrong, you can look at the code yourself if you like. If you truly feel this is the case then you will need to prove it either through testing and counting yourself (with an appropriate data size) or prove the code is flawed...
  11. NOOBZ

NOOBZ

I used subb on my combusken and a gardevoir jus hit me with phychic becfore i cud subb???
  12. Relados

Relados
    is a Battle Server Moderator

So the Gardevoir was faster than the Combusken? Not exactly a bug - could've been scarfed.
  13. Espeon7373

Espeon7373

You might want to post a battle replay if you truly want to prove it's a bug.
  14. Electrolyte

Electrolyte On a short LoA
    is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

Did your spinner faint right afterwards? For example, by LO / Iron Barbs / Rough Skin / Rocky Helmet?

If so, Rapid Spin would not have worked; that is a known 'glitch'.
  15. mikel

mikel frizy will carry ocn
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

More precisely, it's a counter-intuitive game mechanic. That's how it works ingame.
  16. MeteorMiss

MeteorMiss

You put it yourself in the quote. Unlike something like Life Orb, which only boosts the power of attacks, Choice Band boosts the Attack stat itself, so it is factored into Foul Play damage.
  17. Marty D

Marty D Bug Catcher
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

Life Orb recoil happens after the Rapid Spin effect, so it can't be Life Orb; since Armaldo doesn't get Rough Skin or Iron Barbs, it can only be Rocky Helmet.

No, Choice Band boosts the Attack of the holder during the damage calculation; Foul Play uses your own item, Ability, and burn status. If Choice Band boosted the raw stat then it would be factored into self-damage from confusion, but it's not (in-game, anyway).
  18. camycoco

camycoco

Quick Claw activated but didn't work

Im new to the forums and to Pokemon Showdown but during a battle I had a Quick Claw activate on my Dusknoir while it was using Pain Split but my opponent still got to use its non-priority attack before I could. I have the battle video here at turn #25:

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu11230480
  19. NGC-2024

NGC-2024

Okay I don't know how often stuff gets updated, but it's saying that Torterra can't learn Stockpile with its dream world ability. It was released through an event with Shell Armor and Stockpile as a special move.
  20. Baz Anderson

Baz Anderson

It would be nice if it was a bit clearer in the log who Skill Swapped who.
  21. msticky51

msticky51

22. Baz Anderson

Baz Anderson

In doubles, Mirror Coat (and Counter) are supposed to target the last Pokémon to hit them, but this wasn't the case in a game I had earlier.
  23. Redless

Redless

According to the research thread and Veekun, Mold Breaker allows you to attack without being effected by an opponent's unaware. I was playing balanced hackmons and this was not the case.

Here is a demonstration. http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/balancedhackmons11279791

Hope I didn't make any mistakes typing that URL.
  24. ALAKTORN

ALAKTORN

The same happened to me, twice, while playing Random Battle. The first time I was receiving, the second time I was dealing. There were no items/abilities involved that could’ve caused it, the game just suddenly let me pick other moves without giving me Outrage’s confusion.

Edit: oh, no interruption of any kind happened either (Protect, paralysis or the like).
  25. DrRobotnik

DrRobotnik

shiltomp sent out Forretress!

Gyarados used Earthquake!
    The foe's Forretress lost 40% of its health!

Gyarados used Waterfall!
    The foe's Forretress lost 25% of its health!

Why does a STAB neutral do less than a non-STAB neutral?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)