Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-ou11520292
Turn 8:
The foe's Starmie used Thunderbolt!
Froslass lost 44% of its health!
The foe's Starmie's Ice Beam was disabled!
IceyCold voice from PS, not my match. As you can see it seems the ice beam from turn 7 was considered as the move, even though the starmie outsped and hit with another move. Not sure if it's a cursed body glitch or a froslass destiny bond + cursed body glitched.
Same thing happened to me, I was just about to post it.

Enepsigos used Taunt!
The foe's Cradily fell for the taunt!
The foe's Cradily used Seed Bomb!
It's super effective! Enepsigos lost 83% of its health!
The foe's Cradily's Curse was disabled!
The sandstorm rages.
Enepsigos is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Enepsigos restored HP using its Leftovers!
The foe's Cradily restored HP using its Leftovers!

I used Stone Edge on a Froslass. The next turn I used Thunderpunch and Stone Edge got disabled by Cursed Body.

Image Below

EDIT: Oh wow I was super ninja'd lol

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Could you display the level on Team Preview as well as during the battle? That's information that should be available to the player that currently isn't.

Sorry this battle is no longer ongoing and I did not save the replay link but today in BH my X4 Attack Mold Breaker Slaking did not ignore an unaware shuckle in sandstorm. I hit the shuckle with close combat which resulted in only ~29% damage done. It cost me the match because although sandstorm was up I had enough HP to sweep his team with extremespeed. I remember the person who played me and ill try to verify it with him. Its the only battle I have ever lost on my current account and it messed up my Glicko rating. Is that fixable?

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You're not supposed to be able to Assist Quick Guard (among other moves)... this might need checking out.
Does not select Assist, Bestow, Chatter, Circle Throw, Copycat, Counter, Covet, Destiny Bond, Detect, Dragon Tail, Endure, Feint, Focus Punch, Follow Me, Helping Hand, Me First, Metronome, Mimic, Mirror Coat, Mirror Move, Nature Power, Protect, Rage Powder, Sketch, Sleep Talk, Snatch, Struggle, Switcheroo, Thief, Transform, or Trick.
Neither of these moves are selected by Assist.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Sorry this battle is no longer ongoing and I did not save the replay link but today in BH my X4 Attack Mold Breaker Slaking did not ignore an unaware shuckle in sandstorm. I hit the shuckle with close combat which resulted in only ~29% damage done. It cost me the match because although sandstorm was up I had enough HP to sweep his team with extremespeed. I remember the person who played me and ill try to verify it with him. Its the only battle I have ever lost on my current account and it messed up my Glicko rating. Is that fixable?
It's difficult to fix. It's already on the known bugs list.

Slowpoke has ice punch listed in its usable moves section but slowpoke cannot learn ice punch from anywhere. Same goes for togekiss using body slam (i think)

While playing Smogon Doubles, my Wonder Gaurd Entrainment failed. Prior knowledge of it's success on an actual Pokemon Black led me to test it on Black 2. It succeeded.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ru11805024

this is probably a low priority bug because it only really affects one Pokemon that isnt used much even in NU, but i guess its worth mentioning.

When behind a substitute, getting hit by an attack still activates the Color Change ability, when according to Bulbapedia Color Change isnt supposed to work if the attack only hit a Substitute, ill quote the site for reference.

Bulbapedia said:
After being hit by a damage-dealing move, a Pokémon with Color Change will change its type so that it is the same as that of the move that harmed it. If a Pokémon with Color Change has a substitute take the hit, its type will not change. It will change both types of a dual-type Pokémon that has gained this Ability. This Ability does not apply to Shadow. Color Change will activate after the first hit of a multi-strike move.
I'll be happy to test this ingame if needed, as well.

On another note

@rolen120: Togekiss actually can legally use Body Slam in BW2, its pre evolution togetic learns body slam from the gen3 move tutors, which can then be transferred to DPP, evolved into togekiss, then transferred to BW, all legally. So theres no problem there. I can confirm that Slowpoke isnt supposed to learn Ice Punch, though.

jrp

Banned deucer.
Slowpoke has ice punch listed in its usable moves section but slowpoke cannot learn ice punch from anywhere. Same goes for togekiss using body slam (i think)
togekiss can learn body slam from the Battle Frontier tutors in Emerald.
you just get a togetic and import it.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
While playing Smogon Doubles, my Wonder Gaurd Entrainment failed. Prior knowledge of it's success on an actual Pokemon Black led me to test it on Black 2. It succeeded.
Are you talking about using Entrainment on a Pokemon with Wonder Guard? Entrainment gives the opponent your ability, not the other way around. Shedinja can't legally learn Entrainment either.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu11801310

In this battle on turn 4, Cursed body should have disabled Body Slam and not Stealth Rock.
This is a known bug, and we are working on fixing it.

Sorry for not being specific. I used Mimic with Shedinja to copy Entrainment from my Durant. When I used Entrainment on the Sableye I switched in, the move failed. I had tested this in Pokemon Black, so I thought that they might have fixed it in Pokemon Black/White 2. When I tested it in Black2 (took 4 tries) it still worked.

Sorry for not being specific. I used Mimic with Shedinja to copy Entrainment from my Durant. When I used Entrainment on the Sableye I switched in, the move failed. I had tested this in Pokemon Black, so I thought that they might have fixed it in Pokemon Black/White 2. When I tested it in Black2 (took 4 tries) it still worked.
Fixed on the next server restart.

Lots of bug.

#1 Endless outrage. Im playing a 4drag2mags team often and this happens often. nothing bad for me but it suck for the opponent.

#2 Outrage not confusing. ^

#3 extremely poor matchmaking. i dont know if its planned or something. But im matched with people of my rating one time out of ten or so.

#4 Rating system is completely dumb. (i can get pictures proving it fairly easy). Basically this scenario. Win+6 Win+6 Win+6 Win+6 Win+6 lose-42
I dont think having to win 90% of my games should be required to gain rating.
If it was caused by bug#3 ... "/ MAYYYYYYbbbbeeeee. But even against people higher rated (when i find some lol) still lose incredibly dumb amount

#5 Disable+Outrage= Locked in doing struggle 4 lyfe. At least it does attack ghost type(gengar basically) like it should.

#6 Look for a battle button. Press it once. opens 8 battles (not always 8). It doesnt happen often (there's no spamming it or anything just a single click) but it kinda ruin some fun

Hope these bugs can be fixed

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
#1 Endless outrage. Im playing a 4drag2mags team often and this happens often. nothing bad for me but it suck for the opponent.

#2 Outrage not confusing. ^

#3 extremely poor matchmaking. i dont know if its planned or something. But im matched with people of my rating one time out of ten or so.

#4 Rating system is completely dumb. (i can get pictures proving it fairly easy). Basically this scenario. Win+6 Win+6 Win+6 Win+6 Win+6 lose-42
I dont think having to win 90% of my games should be required to gain rating.
If it was caused by bug#3 ... "/ MAYYYYYYbbbbeeeee. But even against people higher rated (when i find some lol) still lose incredibly dumb amount

#5 Disable+Outrage= Locked in doing struggle 4 lyfe. At least it does attack ghost type(gengar basically) like it should.

#6 Look for a battle button. Press it once. opens 8 battles (not always 8). It doesnt happen often (there's no spamming it or anything just a single click) but it kinda ruin some fun

Hope these bugs can be fixed
bugs 1 2 and 5 are all the same bug (and known) and will be fixed at some point. 4 and 5 are not bugs but misunderstandings on your side about how the ladder works (look up Glicko2 if you want to know how it works). 6 is a weird issue that some users get and others never do, but its being looked into

bugs 1 2 and 5 are all the same bug (and known) and will be fixed at some point. 4 and 5 are not bugs but misunderstandings on your side about how the ladder works (look up Glicko2 if you want to know how it works). 6 is a weird issue that some users get and others never do, but its being looked into
As an ex chess gm i think that i can claim to know Glickman's rating system. I decided to move on and my next objectives are pokemon ladders. The problem is that the RD still is about 300 after 50-100 games and it shouldnt be that high.
At 18xx's rating i shouldnt be facing 12xx-13xx's even if they are on a new profile or anything.
I never had any of these problems when playing chess as chess doesnt rely on luck at all unlike pokemon. If it wasnt of luck the system would work perfectly as intended but its not the case since anyone can beat anyone with some luck and logical decisions.
Hope im not being deadweight with what i consider constructive/suggestive comments as i only wish for a better laddering experience to everyone.

So there is no way to fix that bug? It really screws with the hackmons tier. I mean I guess I could play in regards to thinking it will never work but still. Just wondering is all not trying to be rude.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Outrage not confusing is specifically a bug that we fixed weeks ago. Are you sure you still have that problem?

How fast RD decreases depends on the system constant. And if you know how Glicko2 works, then you should know that in its intended usage for chess, it only changes once a month, so if the score changes every battle, it isn't your "true" Glicko2 rating: it's actually your predicted Glicko2 rating for the end of the current rating period. It should be noted that PS makes a few small adjustments to Glicko2 simply because online Pokemon is such a vastly different kind of game than tournament Chess (in terms of how much randomness there is, how often the game is played, how many times it's played in one sitting, how often ratings are expected to be updated...)

Matchmaking is unrelated to rating calculation. If you're getting matched up against people of vastly different rating from you, that's usually because you're in a relatively empty tier - there simply aren't players closer in rating to you.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
As an ex chess gm i think that i can claim to know Glickman's rating system. I decided to move on and my next objectives are pokemon ladders. The problem is that the RD still is about 300 after 50-100 games and it shouldnt be that high.
At 18xx's rating i shouldnt be facing 12xx-13xx's even if they are on a new profile or anything.
I never had any of these problems when playing chess as chess doesnt rely on luck at all unlike pokemon. If it wasnt of luck the system would work perfectly as intended but its not the case since anyone can beat anyone with some luck and logical decisions.
Hope im not being deadweight with what i consider constructive/suggestive comments as i only wish for a better laddering experience to everyone.
There's only one tier in which I have a RD over 300 and I only played one match. You're outright lying about that. At 18xxs you will face 12xxs and 13xxs if there's no other players playing the tier.

Also, Chess GM pop quiz! What's this: 1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 d6? Can't check internet sources! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)