1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Antar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Golden Piloswine

Golden Piloswine

doublesvgc'13dev, and I'm around 1680
  2. Hollywood

Hollywood she's thin, she's blonde, she says "wow" a lot
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Other Metas Leader

It definitely is super annoying. The problem is that this is not a bug or even a suggestion that has a possibility of being implemented. If I remember correctly, at the end of every turn, you have a 20% chance of thawing out, and that isn't going to change. Because Pokemon Showdown! is a Pokemon simulator, it follows the game as closely as possible. Losing due to hax is unfortunate, but it is a part of the game you have to accept when you click the Look for a Battle button.
  3. KevinJames

KevinJames

I think this is a bug. Pretty sure anyway.

When I try to log in or choose a name, nothing happens. I tried it on Chrome and Firefox. I make a team, choose name and wait. Nothing. What's going on?
  4. XxLTxX

XxLTxX

Same. Im just a guest and i cant choose my name.
    I also tried in google chrome and firefox.
  5. Aurora

Aurora
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

See this thread for more information; the basic premise is that the web server is up, but the login server isn't, which explains why you cannot log in.

EDIT: Pokemon Showdown's login server is no longer down. You can now log on.
  6. Sturdynips

Sturdynips
    is a Contributor to Smogon

I forgot to save a replay, but there is definitely a bug with cursed body. It sometimes disables the wrong move, often the move used previously.
  7. Wichu

Wichu ACUPRESSURE
    is a Pokemon Researcher

A small graphics glitch which is nevertheless confusing (literally): Baton Passing confusion doesn't give the newly-sent-out Pokémon the confusion marker icon (turn 23).
  8. relaunched

relaunched

The problem that I will describe involves Cursed Body.

I had a Raikou behind a substitute against a Froslass. I Thunderbolted the Froslass to kill it. Then, Cursed Body did something very odd -- disabled the move substitute for my Raikou. According to Bulbapedia, Cursed Body doesn't work against Pokemon behind substitute, and it also only disables the move that was last used on the Cursed Body Pokemon. So this appears to be a bug. I wish I could save a replay, but I was given a "hash mismatch" error.

Edit: Apparently ninja'd.
  9. SPARROW

SPARROW

the new "username cannot start with guest" thing is freezing my browser.
  10. The Immortal

The Immortal Administrator of Showdown!
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor

The Cursed Body bug, and other similar ones, will be fixed upon the next server restart.
  11. Glenveil

Glenveil

Forgot to save a replay, but just encountered a bug vs an opposing Garchomp, where I protected an initial outrage, tanked a second hit which was boosted by a dragon gem, and then protected against a third outrage only to see the Chomp not becoming confused after the third use.
  12. MJB

MJB Sup Peeps
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnus

Please read the second post in this thread
  13. eclipSEverity

eclipSEverity

Illusion

I didn't think to save the log at the time because i'm stupid, but I can replicate and post if necessary, Zoroark's illusion does not default to the last conscious pokemon in the party.
  14. MrEobo

MrEobo

When Encore is used, the Pokemon being encored will *sometimes* target the Pokemon not selected by the user. Other times, it will hit the correct target.
  15. Baz Anderson

Baz Anderson

Psych Up doesn't "swap" the stats, it copies them.

Using Belly Drum when you're at +6 fails in game, so it shouldn't take another 50%.

When a Pokémon is Encored into Protect, the Protect is used at neural Priority, as is Trick Room, strangely.
  16. Melee Mewtwo

Melee Mewtwo Is a Fox main.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

So I play a battle and decide to drop Hydro Pump for Surf...

Show Hide
    http://i.imgur.com/c4iBNQN.png[IMG][/HIDE]

...and PS laughs at me.

In other words, my teams are there to play with but not to edit.

Okay yeah PS just hates me today, lol.
    [HIDE][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jUJjoap.png
  17. Valafar123

Valafar123

18. Valafar123

Valafar123

Oh, also the move Snatch isn't working. I used it against a Hippopotas right before it went for Curse and I didn't pilfer its stat changes.
  19. Jewzilla

Jewzilla

When I logged on this morning, the whole chat appeared this way. It didn't seem to be occurring for anyone else, so I figured I would report it here. Thanks for whoever gets to it!
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

EDIT: The problem was solved when I refreshed the page. Still, I guess this can help if something in the code needs to be fixed.
    ANOTHER EDIT: Now that I've been on for a little bit, more people are reporting it affecting them.
  20. jp134711

jp134711

For some reason, when I win a rated battle, the ladder doesn't seem to update. It has no problem updating when I lose though....This has happened 4 times today

Edit: Still not updating after a win...7 times today

Ladder (probably) updated, but score could not be retrieved (timeout).
    Ladder (probably) updated, but score could not be retrieved (Error: socket hang up).
  21. Marty D

Marty D Bug Catcher
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

I tested it and it seems fine to me, if you can replicate it or describe it better then that would be appreciated.

Psych Up does copy the target's stats; what is the bug here?

Encore does not change the determined turn order, so whatever move was chosen for use on the turn a Pokemon gets Encored is the priority at which the Encored move will be used. For example, if a Pokemon used Quick Attack last turn and this turn that Pokemon has chosen to use Trick Room but gets Encored, Quick Attack will happen at -7 priority for that turn only, and at the usual +1 for the rest of the Encore turns.

Curse is not a move that can be Snatched.
  22. Worldtour

Worldtour aka Swamp-Rocket
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

23. Valafar123

Valafar123

I learn something new every day.
  24. Alonsoforever

Alonsoforever

I don't know if this has already been mentioned or fixed, because I found the problem a few months ago, but anyways.

In Challenge Cup or Random Battle, you can get Spiky-Eared Pichu. It has no sprite, and you can't see neither its moves nor its item until you send it to battle. Here is the video of the battle:

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/challengecup6780900

It's not really an important bug, but it's something not working properly.
  25. octagrim

octagrim

while I was batling in a random battle I had a scizor which was defeated by an omastar with life orb so it lost 10 hp and suddenly it recover it an it keep doing it lol so i lost with the timer u.u so it´s a bug doesn´t it?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)