1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Antar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. MeteorMiss

MeteorMiss

Do you have a replay or a log? From what I can tell, you're saying that omastar immediately recovered its life orb damage after losing it. I'm going to assume that you mean 10% rather than 10 HP (correct me if I'm wrong about any of this).

Without a log, it's a bit difficult to verify or correct an issue like this.
  2. peanut 91

peanut 91

3. MJB

MJB Sup Peeps
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnus

Struggle isn't a normal type move, it is typeless and is impossible to be immune to.
  4. undergroundmonorail

undergroundmonorail

5. Mari

Mari

INVALID

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou12874012

Turn 9: Accupressure only reduces one stat by two steps, but does not raise another. Perhaps the Shuckle has Contrary - but even then one stat has to rise by one step and another to lower by two.
  6. Marty D

Marty D Bug Catcher
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

The Shuckle did have Contrary, but you are confusing Acupressure with Moody. Acupressure just raises one stat sharply.
  7. fizzleboy

fizzleboy

8. mingot

mingot free agent
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

"Pressure deducts an additional PP from a move that targets the wielder, the wielder's side, or both sides (including Imprison and Snatch)."

Substitute does not target anyone and is not affected by pressure.
  9. BeastFRAME

BeastFRAME

Retaliate will still do the same amount of damage after a ko, as if something on your team had never gone down the turn before.

Example:

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou12898398

Slaking was Scarfed, but it has a wooping base 160 Atk stat. Doesn't make much sense to me.
  10. MJB

MJB Sup Peeps
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnus

Retaliate isn't implemented yet as far as I am aware
  11. capfal

capfal

12. Edacosis

Edacosis

A Pokemon that is frozen will not thaw when it uses Fire Blast.
  13. callforjudgement

callforjudgement

At least in doubles, if a Pokémon uses Hyper Beam/Giga Impact against a Ghost-type, the "must recharge" status is displayed even though recharging isn't actually necessary: http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/doublesvgc2013dev12942927

At first I thought this was a bug in the implementation of the move itself, but it seems to just be a display error. (Also, I don't get why my opponent kept trying to Hyper Beam my Jellicent anyway, which is possibly why it didn't come up earlier.)
  14. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

This is the bug report thread, not the "ask questions about game mechanics" thread. Please learn how the freeze mechanic works before reporting "bugs" about it (as Edacosis mentions, the PS implementation is correct).
  15. Onoret

Onoret

16. BlankZero

BlankZero

17. Marty D

Marty D Bug Catcher
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

Flame Burst's splash damage is just typeless residual damage, so it will not activate Flash Fire or be blocked by Protect.
  18. thewalkingdan

thewalkingdan

my account

I don't know if this is my computer's fault, if I got hacked, or if it is a bug. I haven't been able to go to my pokemon SD account for some time now. Please give me a suggestion on what it is I should do.
    I also should mention I have tried to make a new account and I am not able to.
    HELP!
  19. Geodude6

Geodude6 Look at my shiny CT!

What probably happened was someone else registered the name you're using. The "unable to make an alt" problem is probably one on your end.
  20. thewalkingdan

thewalkingdan

I thought that if you claimed a username, no one else could have it.
  21. redundant

redundant

The link the /avatars command gives you redirects to the new "External link" page, which I've noticed other links like /faq and /calc don't do. Obviously a really minor thing but just a head's up.
  22. gamer boy

gamer boy

Hi,
    On Pokemon Showdown, my opponent woke on turn 1 twice in a row, but bw sleep mechanics mean that u cna't do that. could someone fix that please?
  23. Toraen

Toraen

Did they have Early Bird or Hydration (in Rain obv.)? Also without a linked replay (or at least a more complete description) no one can verify your report.
  24. Mari

Mari

The /learn command does not work properly with Necturna.

Steps to reproduce
    Code:
    /learn Necturna, Hydro Pump
    Expected results
    Code:
    Necturna can learn Hydro Pump only when obtained Sketch from:
    [LIST]
    [*]gen 5 egg: smeargle, necturna, ...
    [/LIST] It can only have one sketched move at the same time.

Actual results
    Code:
    Necturna can learn Hydro Pump only when obtained from:
    [LIST]
    [*]gen 5 egg: buizel, dewott, empoleon, floatzel, ...
    [/LIST]

25. TepigLover1

TepigLover1

Showdown wont load

I cant load pokemon showdown, yet it says it's working.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)