1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread

Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Antar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. LittlebirdPidgey

LittlebirdPidgey

I was playing LC and Hidden Power Fire was showing up as Hidden Power Bug.
  2. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

You messed up the IVs.
  3. Biosci

Biosci !
    is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a VGC3 Winner

This please ;-; I've been wanting to play around with a Conkeldurr with those moves, but this keeps stopping me.

Also when you target your Partner Pokemon the move should NOT be directed to the opponent if that partner Pokemon faints.

V4 tested with me and turn 2 I spored my Infernape but when it fainted it got directed to the opposing Latios. http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/doublesvgc2013dev9576562

The way it works, the move fails if you target your partner and it dies.
  4. Chieliee

Chieliee

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

When i came back after a disconnect, the program would only let me join the chat of the battle
  5. MJB

MJB Sup Peeps
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnus

This is a known issue, usually typing /leavebattle followed by /joinbattle seems to fix it
  6. Boomguy

Boomguy

Ally Switch doesn't work. It visually doesn't swap positions and xatu got hit
  7. Baz Anderson

Baz Anderson

I was also just about to post about Ally Switch not working. It is the only move that springs to mind that doesn't work in Doubles though, so it's almost there!
  8. DrRobotnik

DrRobotnik

Linoone used Belly Drum!
    Linoone lost 50% of its health!
    Linoone cut its own HP and maximized its Attack!

The foe's Bronzong used Toxic!
    Linoone was badly poisoned!

Linoone was hurt by poison!
    Linoone ate its Liechi Berry!

I know, Liechi on a BD Linoone is dumb, but the purpose of this is that berries don't work at the percent they're supposed to, only when you go below it.
  9. Toraen

Toraen

What was your Linoone's max HP? PS rounds the displayed percentages and you may have actually been slightly above the mark for the berry if your HP wasn't divisible by 2. I'm assuming you had Gluttony as your ability.
  10. Manitary

Manitary

I think you're right, probably he had odd HP because of Substitute/Belly Drum to minimize health loss but also a berry because of Gluttony.

Pinch berries definitely work
  11. Superfang11

Superfang11

It's probably not a bug, but I got this message after I clicked share replay "Error while uploading replay: hash mismatch"
  12. Kyrehx

Kyrehx

Not sure if someone has already posted this, but there is a bug with Illusion and the roster. When a Pokemon with Illusion is KOed, the roster shows that both the Pokemon with Illusion and the Pokemon it was disguised as were KOed, as seen in turn 6 of this battle: http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu9702655
  13. Sturdynips

Sturdynips

I don't know if this is already known, but in a randbat i had a venusaur that only had 3 moves.
  14. ChaosAkita

ChaosAkita

In Double Battles, I can't seem to see my second Pokemon's ability or held item.
  15. Joim

Joim This lulling sense of purpose will destroy us rapidly
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administrator
    Programmer

Known issue, it will be solved asap.
  16. Arcticblast

Arcticblast improsin + bapongbas gg,,,,,,
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Other Metas Leader

This means that your opponent saved the battle already. Use the replay page and enter your username in the search field to try to find it.

This was just fixed yesterday. Unless it was somehow unfixed...
  17. invisime

invisime

18. Tassa

Tassa

Sorry if I don't have the replay (I deconnect before saving it >_>) but I noticed a bug. Note too that I didn't read the 59 pages, I hope that it wasn't said before.
    Bulbapédia say that "Harvest will not activate more than once per turn."
    And in that battle, it activates twice in one turn, first after I hit the opposing mon, second after my pokemon dies and I replace it by another.
    Hope it can help for improving the battler. ^^
  19. cjrocker

cjrocker

Hi,

Just had a battle where Unburden did not activate twice (or maybe it did but didn't say anything, there was no notification like I'd assume there would be. Couldn't tell from the battle since I was faster to begin with.)

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/randombattle9862588 @ turns 15 and 19. Thanks.
  20. MJB

MJB Sup Peeps
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnus

Unburden does not give a message to say it is activated in game or on PS. This is intended, also if you switch out you lose the speed boost
  21. MeteorMiss

MeteorMiss

It seems that the interpretation of breeding mechanics has changed, as my little cup tentacool is now unusable.

Here is its set.

Tentacool @ Eviolite
    Trait: Liquid Ooze
    Level: 5
    EVs: 196 HP / 76 Def / 196 SDef / 36 Spd
    Calm Nature
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Rapid Spin
    - Knock Off
    - Scald

Here is the error message:

Your team was rejected for the following reasons:

- Tentacool can't learn Rapid Spin because it's incompatible with another move.

This is incorrect, however. Though the requirement to be at level 5 gives some complication, this tentacool can be obtained using the following method.

Start with a male Squirtle with Rapid Spin (learned by levelup). Breed it with a female Kabuto to obtain a male Kabuto with Rapid Spin. Breed this with a female Shellder to obtain a male Shellder with Rapid Spin. Evolve this Shellder into a Cloyster and have it learn Toxic Spikes by level-up. Breed it with a female Tentacool which also knows Toxic Spikes by level-up to obtain the above Tentacruel. It can obtain Krock Off and Scald by Tutor and TM, respectively.
  22. Mr.E

Mr.E im the best
    is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Winner

It has changed, that must be why Wide Guard + Drain Punch Conkeldurr is now legal. However...

"Your team was rejected for the following reasons: - Sexmontop (Hitmontop) can't learn Close Combat."

I'm pretty sure that Hitmontop can learn Close Combat. It's a level-up move, for crying out loud, and the teambuilder doesn't list it as illegal either. I'm not sure what's going on.

EDIT: Apparently it's just an error with levels in that I had my mon set at Level 50 for VGC (it autolevels anyway yeah I know) but Top doesn't learn CC until 51/55. Setting its level above that lets it work. The display error usually says something alongs the lines of "Your pokemon has to be at least Level X to have that move," though, not simply "That move is illegal!"

Also I got some sort of display error revolving around U-Turn in doubles: http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/doublesvgc2013dev9914004

I KOed the opponent's partner before their Scyther used U-Turn. Apparently after you switch out of U-Turn, you can immediately switch the same mon back into the KOed slot but whatever. :P At any rate, it made a second Scyther pop up in the side display in the 6th slot, as if the opponent had two Scyther even though they didn't.
  23. Woodchuck

Woodchuck <kryptonite intensifies>
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderator

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ru9923751

issues with the timer, user had already had selected his move but the timer continued to count down. I entered the battle and attempted to stop the battle with /timer stop, but received the notification "the timer is already ticking down" and was unable to prevent the timer from expiring.
  24. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

That's because the correct command is /timer off

:/
  25. Woodchuck

Woodchuck <kryptonite intensifies>
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderator

errr i think i typed /timer off, my mistake is in the post
    will be more careful to look out for this in the future v_v

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)