1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Antar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. MeteorMiss

MeteorMiss

2. Athrosu

Athrosu

Found a likely bug involving Zoroark and team display - after KOing the enemy's Zoro without breaking its illusion, the team status display doesn't show the Zoroark as fainting, instead indicating that the Pokemon it was transformed into was KOed.

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-15914809

The Zoro faints on Turn 37 - notice that after the obvious Zoroark disguised as Honchkrow is KOed, the team preview shows Honchkrow as KOed instead of Zoroark.
  3. Ciele

Ciele
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a GS1 Winner

It also allows items such as Red Card and Water Gem, so I assume that every Gen 5 item is allowed currently, and not just Air Balloon.
  4. Joim

Joim All promises become a lie, all that's bening corrups in time
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Any gen 5 items are allowed right now, but it won't happen anymore after the next restart. After all, it's still a beta :p
    Edited: Pushed.
  5. rolen120

rolen120

I had the same problem with Rotom-Mow. it even caused me to misplay '-.-

screenshot (open)
    [​IMG]
  6. MeteorMiss

MeteorMiss

I know that the following game mechanic should exist in gen 4; I'm not sure if it should exist in gen 5.

When a Pokemon uses pursuit on another in-game, the display log tells the player if the opponent attempted to switch out. ("Gengar, come back! Weavile used Pursuit!")

However, if the opponent is killed by pursuit on the simulator, the pursuit-using trainer will never know whether the opponent attempted to switch out. This conceals information about the opponent's playstyle (aggressive/passive) and prevents the Pursuit user from learning about the bulk investment of the fainted pokemon.
  7. Joim

is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

rolen120, it's a known issue that the client is non-moddable by now, and not an easy one to solve. The client was originally developed without old gens in mind, so that'll take time and you gotta remember typings that changed by now.

MeteorMiss, that's a known issue too, thanks for the report, we'll see if we can get that one right soon.

Edit: btw the change to items has been applied and now Gen 4 checks them correctly. Incidentally, when Gen 3 is ready the new check will work for it too.
  8. Slooowpoooke

Slooowpoooke

This recently happened to me in my match:

Chandelure's health is sapped by Leech Seed!
    The foe's Tropius was hurt by its burn!
    The foe's Tropius harvested one !
    The foe's Tropius fainted!

The opponent's Tropius got killed by the burn, but it still said that it harvested something.
  9. Gerbikle

Gerbikle

10. Twelfth

Twelfth

11. Natsu Slayer

Natsu Slayer

12. Stellar

Stellar dreams and adventure
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

Look at the second post in the thread.
  13. Natsu Slayer

Natsu Slayer

14. BocciasBattles

BocciasBattles

Hey, here to report a minor thing in gen 4 ou beta, when playing earlier I was using a rotom-h and since it used to be an electric ghost not electric fire, it's typing showed up as electric fire for my opponent, causing them to predict wrongly. It's not that that's made me report this bug though, it's more for new players to gen 4 ou, the rotom form type change is not clear, so can someone try and sort the type display when you hover over the rotom formes?
  15. Unoriginal Name

Unoriginal Name

Turn 19, Sleep Clause activated on Relic Song when it should've put me to Sleep, as Relic Song is a % chance move. Replay
  16. RandyBerri

RandyBerri

Pressure for some reason do not work on Moltres (and for all I know, lots of other pokémon). I have played lots of matches were I thought I were miscountning the pp of the opponent, but here my opponent himself realises there is something wrong and notify me in chat:
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-16323717

EDIT: We notice at turn 37.
  17. mikel

mikel frizy will carry ocn
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

pressure only affects moves that target the pressure user; softboiled is a self target move and is not affected by pressure.
  18. RandyBerri

RandyBerri

Thank you, that explains everything, and also my miscounting from earlier.
  19. Venser

Venser

20. Abacus

Abacus

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/customgame-16471952

A random person challenged me. Once I got to the game, my pokemon were all level 1000, while my opponent's were level 100 still. I looked at the team in the teambuilder afterward and took it out for a ladder battle and they were level 100.
  21. Joim

Custom Game can have level 1000 and defaults to level 1000 if level is not specified.
  22. Qegixar

Qegixar

In the team builder, Landorus-Therian does not have the option to use the Sheer Force ability.
  23. Toraen

Toraen

The therian formes only have one ability. Sheer Force is only available for the Incarnate forme.
  24. Molk

Molk mfw houndoom might drop
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    RU Leader

dunno if this is a bug or not but its kind of an unconvienance i guess

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

For some reason PS stopped allowing me to search for matches with the lobbychat off (it was perfectly fine before though .-.), and gives me that message when i attempt to, if i try to turn the lobbychat back on to start searching for matches again, i get the same message for some reason, which means the only way to get out of the lock is to reset PS.

Idk whats going on right now, but i was able to search for matches with the lobbychat off with no trouble until what seems to be just now, what happened? .-.
  25. nyo marionette

nyo marionette

Hi, I found one problem about Unburden just now.
    Fling does not activate Unburden.

After a few tests, Unburden can be activated by consuming items and getting hit by Knock Off, which is correct. But it should be activate when the Pokemon lose its item via Fling, too. (according to Smogon's Unburden page)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)