Bummer's Art Shack

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
These are all amazing, great job :]

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Aaand another strip done. Now would be a good time to remind everyone that stuff posted in this thread has not been posted on my site, so don't share or talk about it elsewhere until I've released it to the public. After that, I have no issues with it. It's the reason I put my site's url on my work in the first place.

Anyhow.

If any of you feel like you have a second minutes to spare, please comment if you feel that the rhymes I've used aren't up to par or if they are too inaccurate, or if the panel perspectives confused you (however briefly).

If no extraordinairy fix is required, it will be put up tomorrow.The strip subject is something which I've been requested to do several times now (hence the reminder), so I'm both eager and nervous about the response.

1) Jalapetit needs arms. I know that GF has a history of creating pokemon with baffling disabilities like these *cough*oddish*cough* but I still find it a little irritating when such an unrealistic feature makes it into these designs (clearly having creatures with magical abilities is also unrealistic, but this is a different sort of unrealistic).
Given that it's a plant and that it has a long chili fruit on its head which could potentially be used for gripping and holding stuff, I'm willing to wager that it'll work without arms. The original sketch had them, but then I made a leaf diaper as I drew it in Photoshop and then for some reason I couldn't care less about arms afterwards. Unrealistic functionality be damned!

2) Habasalsa's face. This is much more subjective of course, but Habasalsa doesn't have a face that I would consider terribly pokemon-like (the other two are fine). I know that this is a very vague criticism, and I'm honestly not sure what it is about it that makes me say this - maybe the eyes, or the mouth?
Could be the mouth. The extra cut on her lip might only be complicating things further, so it's will be removed if I were to edit the image.

I think the lines "It has no life, it's without place" is a bit clunky and would sound better if it was "It has no life, it has no place"

Great strip otherwise :)

Why are they not all drowning through the force of the deity's omnipotent Water Gun?
Anyways, great job, I like the rhymes, those are very creative, just like everything you do.

I agree with Ritter. Consider that its only place was in the storage of the memory data, what Ritter says is pretty good. I love everything else though. Very original

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Heyo.

This strip is based on a suggestion posted by Airspace one year ago. Which only emphasises how long I've postponed putting other's ideas into site submissions.

-Since evolution stones emit radiation, as illustrated by Eevee's Pokedex entries, maybe there could be adverse side-effects from a human being near one
His last visit was also one year ago, and with an username like that, google is out of the question to track him down. I'll send him a PM and hope he gets an email notice, otherwise: Meh.

I think the lines "It has no life, it's without place" is a bit clunky and would sound better if it was "It has no life, it has no place"
Unless you also check my comic on my site, I implemented this. So thanks!

Haha, good one as always. Maybe make it a little clearer in the intro "box" about radiation, I wouldn't have got it if it wasn't for the comment afterwards :P

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Maybe make it a little clearer in the intro "box" about radiation, I wouldn't have got it if it wasn't for the comment afterwards :P
That would risk giving away the joke in the first panel though, or rather, people would know what to expect early on. I used "peculiar rock" because that's what the in-game entries use, but I can erase the 'peculiar' and instead write "strange energy", so that people will think of the rock's properties rather than the rock itself.

Yeah strange energy sounds good without giving it away
I think the thing I love most about your comics is the gorgeous art style, the lighting and colouring just works so well

May I have use the Drifblim from your favorite types as my avatar? Great comics and art overall, the consistency of general style nicely shows.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Here's a WIP.

I'm using way more panels than usual, but the dialogue needed space. Opinions?

That's hilarious. I've always felt like a cheater when I had switch style on :P. The emotions and body language is all really good. The only criticism I can make is maybe change the dialouge in the second last panel. Idk, maybe make it look like he's grabbing his face hard in frustration

A bit like this:

Blue's nose is also a wee bit over-sized in the last panel but its barely noticeable.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
no the second to last panel is fine as it is, the feeling of resignation tinged with frustration is achieved very well. the expression spuds4ever suggested suggests more anger, which is not present in the dialogue, and actually make the outburst in the last panel less effective

Meh, fatecrashers is probably right. I just feel the outburst from the panel before seems to contradict the contained frustration of the second last panel which makes it feel a little un-natural but that's just my 2 cents.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Still WIP.

Blue's nose is also a wee bit over-sized in the last panel but its barely noticeable.
Not really, or at least so compared to the first panels. I even edited his nose in the 4th panel as I discovered it was a tad too small. No tiny animé noses here!

the feeling of resignation tinged with frustration is achieved very well. the expression spuds4ever suggested suggests more anger, which is not present in the dialogue, and actually make the outburst in the last panel less effective
I just feel the outburst from the panel before seems to contradict the contained frustration of the second last panel which makes it feel a little un-natural but that's just my 2 cents.
Fate is on the same line as me, but I fixed Blue's mouth in panel 4 so that he doesn't look as frustrated. He's annoyed, for sure, but it's not until the last panel when the last straw has been plucked.

Not really, or at least so compared to the first panels. I even edited his nose in the 4th panel as I discovered it was a tad too small. No tiny animé noses here!
Ah, that must be why, I was comparing it with the nose in the fourth panel :P

Fate is on the same line as me, but I fixed Blue's mouth in panel 4 so that he doesn't look as frustrated. He's annoyed, for sure, but it's not until the last panel when the last straw has been plucked.
Yeah, I'm not the artistic genius so I'm sure you know what you're doing :)

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Yeah, I'm not the artistic genius so I'm sure you know what you're doing :)
Oh don't be like that. Your nose comment made me check if everything was neat and tidy, which I otherwise wouldn't have done if I thought everything was awesome. Just because one comment doesn't result in any changes doesn't mean it's pointless.

Not WIP anymore:

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hahaha, everything about that comic is perfect. The jokes were great, the art was really good (and that coloring... ESPECIALLY THAT POKEBALL RETURN EFFECT) and it raises a legitimate issue.

I NEED TO GO BACK AND PLAY THROUGH ALL OF THE POKEMON GAMES LEGITIMATELY

:(

That last one is so great... And the trainer's expression while explaining how he's "maintaining his advantage" is perfect (and funny). I think most of us take free switching in the games for granted. I'll still use it, though, otherwise the games would take too long (imagine having to go back to the pokemon center twice as often).

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Thanks for the comments, guys!

This is my last strip I have based on suggestions I've received from readers. Afterwards, I'll continue with my own ideas.

Not too happy with the text in the middle panel, and colors and shades in places, but it's good enough to go through quality control. It's not as deep as my other strips, but I've been itching to find a good reason to joke about the Trace ability.

Really really Nice ! Many details, I love what you drew around Porygon, especially around Porygon 2 in the seconde picture.
And we understand at once what it feels with its eyes !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)