Bummer's Art Shack

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

The real joke is that this was supposed to be a quick strip. Symmetry and bad experience with shading balls certainly took out their toll on this one.

Might change the font into something closer to handwritten, but eh. Any suggestions regarding their names, descriptions and possibly their appaearances are still viable.

I absolutely love your comics...rarecandytreatment.com is in my favorites
Glad to hear it!

Lol, I like it, althought the picture could use some shading and highlights. Seems kinda flat to me. But good job nontheless! I like max's expression a lot.
Well .... yeah, it was a rushed request after all. And no offense to Rodan, but if I want to follow the standard art procedure then I'd like the motif to be a bit more appropriate.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Isn't the Prison Ball and the Poke Ball kinda the same thing? Get it? Eh? EH??? The Invisiball is too OP, by the way. Sneaky trainers.

Awesome strip as always.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ball and Trainer~ and Pokemon~~ jk xD

Haha I love the designs of Color Ball and Extra Ball!! Also the light spots or w/e that's called below the Color Ball is a nice touch~ Prison Ball is creepy >.> Also, I have no idea how do you put an Egg in a Poke Ball in-game. Perhaps you don't but idk .-.

ermm /me random. Idk why you need 'quantum engines' to bend light haha >.> Some sort of material is actually good at bending light!

Great stuff as usual haha~ Theft Ball looks like it's bomb proof xD

Hmmm...

The color ball should be spelt "colour". Everything is better when it's English instead of American. If you disagree with this claim, call it the "Skittles" Ball.

The Extra Ball's top looks a little weird. How about it closed off and/or instead put neon data across the top of the ball. Or to imply the "extra" more to make it prominent, how about giving it a smaller, uneven Extra Ball which has been mutated on to it, so it looks like a big extra ball attatches to a small extra ball, like Weezing.

The Invisiball is awesome, apart from its rough, rough outline.

The Bowling Ball
Whilst the most expensive ball, it's heavy alloy frame allows the ball to become the most efficient.
Throw it at your opponent to knock him/her out. Then steal all his/her pokemon.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A banner for RU's info page.

I have a feeling I'll never be content with their poses though.

Idk why you need 'quantum engines' to bend light haha >.> Some sort of material is actually good at bending light!
You're right, so that part is entirely skipped now. Thanks!

The Extra Ball's top looks a little weird. How about it closed off
I made it a bit more shut, as well as rounded the edges, so hopefully it shouldn't stand out as much now.

Holy shit bro this is awesome

That typography is super classy, love those tails on the R and D, and those lines that diffuse your colors on the type are an effect I am very fond of

I know it's probably out of your hands now (and tbh I am just a sucker for tiny details so you can probably ignore me) but I think if it was possible, making gallade's blade arm better match sceptile's in shape would push the silhouette of the logo towards being more symmetrical, which it's very close to being right now

Otherwise my only nitpick might be that I wish there was a way to get the outlines on your escavalier lances to better match up with their green outlines, but that is probably quite a hassle...

big fan of the work you've been turning out recently :)

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
I know it's probably out of your hands now (and tbh I am just a sucker for tiny details so you can probably ignore me) but I think if it was possible, making gallade's blade arm better match sceptile's in shape would push the silhouette of the logo towards being more symmetrical, which it's very close to being right now
Oh you're right, I can easily fix that.

Otherwise my only nitpick might be that I wish there was a way to get the outlines on your escavalier lances to better match up with their green outlines, but that is probably quite a hassle...
!!!

I moved those closer to the centre to match up with the crown, but I forgot to adjust the stroke as well. Thanks for reminding me! Other changes I made after studying it more closely was to turn Gall's chest 90 degrees, edited R's tail a wee bit, changed the spikes around the crown to smaller edges, and cranked up the contrast a notch.

If there are any other nitpicks, do tell, and if I can't defend my choice I'll try to edit it in!

those lines that diffuse your colors on the type are an effect I am very fond of
It should be, because I stole it from you.

But yeah, I'm used to playing around with letters before, but I was really lacking in the special effects department, so the first post in your own thread made for several good examples. It's a fine road you've paved before the rest of us.

I still laugh about how ugly the base sketch is for this image. It really makes me thankful for computer programs.

I've moved some parts around, but still, it's horrible.

seriously just look at that piece of garbage

unbelievable

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
okay so I made another thing

I should shrink it a bit later.

All text effects shamelessly stolen from Zracknel.

I'm loving the style of all these new logos, the sharp darks and lights really work - especially for the effect on that punch!
(Watch out Zracknel, there's a next typography bloke on the block.)

More please :3

Haha I just noticed the Ludicolo hat on the logo. I love the tiny deets in your work, like the slowking hat/esca lances in the Rarelyused logo. The way you've done the fire on Emboar is awesome too, and just the lighting in general!
Keep on being awesome Bummer, you seem to be shamelessly ripping off Zracknel in a very good way!

wow, wondrous stuff, I'm impressed and a little jealous :))

For the UU logo, "let's split these two words which have different lengths apart and make things centered/even/symmetrical" is a problem I run into a lot, so it's interesting to see your take on it

haha man seeing this stuff has me fired up to do some logos, really awesome :)

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Strip WIP:

Something sudden has come up though, so I guess I'll only have time to make the final requirements on Friday. But for now: Opinions!

For the UU logo, "let's split these two words which have different lengths apart and make things centered/even/symmetrical" is a problem I run into a lot
I know

Luckily, Raikou isn't as brawny as Arc, so both of them are at the same distance from the edge while still having heracross between them. But if you look closely, you can tell that the letter portion isn't equal on both sides, so that's what gives it away, heh.

O.K... I love these comics, and I really don't want to say this, but your latest WIP isn't funny. Maybe I'm just a stupid moron, but I cannot see the joke. Sorry Bummer

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
O.K... I love these comics, and I really don't want to say this, but your latest WIP isn't funny. Maybe I'm just a stupid moron, but I cannot see the joke. Sorry NastyJungle.

I'm pretty sure that it's a WIP :)

Love the art! I've seen these countless times on the internet and they're still funny. Luvdisc

Hey, Bummer, your WIP looks great so far! But for the last box, I'm not so convinced that the plural of Jynx is "Jynxes," I think it's just "Jynx". I could very well be wrong, but it sounds better Imo.

Other than that, keep up the good work! :)

Hey, Bummer, your WIP looks great so far! But for the last box, I'm not so convinced that the plural of Jynx is "Jynxes," I think it's just "Jynx". I could very well be wrong, but it sounds better Imo.

Other than that, keep up the good work! :)
Yeah he's right, the plural of any Pokemon is just the Pokemon name, no additions.
[gp]2/2[/gp]

EDIT: hahaha zrack you are incredible

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
O.K... I love these comics, and I really don't want to say this, but your latest WIP isn't funny. Maybe I'm just a stupid moron, but I cannot see the joke. Sorry Bummer
Oh don't be like that. This strip is actually somewhat different from the others I've made, since the emphasis isn't contained within the last panel alone. I might as well write a thorough description of it since I'll be posting it on-site along with the strip later:

There are plenty of weird pokémon. Some weirder than others. It may be easy for us to picture them in battle or being with a trainer, where they'll move, act and behave the way they do. What's harder to imagine, however, is their natural habitat. Particularly if you're a sentient icecream cone which may have the highest amount of predators possible. Obviously, not all pokémon was designed with proper ecology in mind, but just this once, I wanted to visualise how odd it would be to show highly aesthetic in an environment they're supposed to live in. And, in the same vein, how nature runs its course.

Nonetheless, this strip was a bet on my behalf, so if you didn't find it funny, then it's my loss, not yours. I'll still continue working on it to further enhance the documentary aspect of it (like maybe scanlines and depth and whatnot), so that'll be a fun process. It takes a lot more to leave a disapproval rather than praise, and for that you have my thanks.

And thanks for the GP check people, the text is definitely a subject of change in this phase, so all suggestions and nitpicks are worthy of consideration.

wow zracknel ur the best im so piSS HAHAHA
:poliwhirl:
oh you guys

Maybe having the jynx licking the ice-cream would be funnier? Licking is the proper way to eat an ice cream after all.

Maybe something like:

"Jynx used lick! It's super effective!" (The move 'lick' is actually in Jynx' repertoire as well. )

As it is now, it just doesn't cut it for me - no offence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)