Not open for further replies.
Scoopapa
Flareblitz
Darkslay
Pwnemon
capfeather
Rediamond
Birkal

Looking forward to taking part in my first CAP. Being a lover of lesser used weathers, I love Scoopapa's concept. I also love Flareblitz's, which my first thought would be a bulky ghost with magic bounce that carries taunt to prevent things like trick room.

Scoopapa
Rediamond
Pwnemon
FlareBlitz
capefeather

Weather Equalizer: This I feel should get the vote. Although to me it pretty much screams "Hail Pokemon that works on a sun team too", I actually like that. Hail needs something good, and Sun to a lesser extent. It could bring a lot of balance to the CAP metagame.

Time Capsule: This is super-interesting, but sorta limited. While stuff like Normal Offense could work, I don't believe other stuff will be able to, whether due to mechanics change or the strategy just not being very good. It's still really cool though, and my second choice.

Deciever: This was originally NOT going to get a vote since I saw it as nigh-impossible, but then I thought about it and found that I was thinking in the wrong terms. I believe it could function like BW1 Virizion, with tons of perfectly viable sets to choose from, and by extension trick your opponent with, except with more sets, like offensive, defensive, or support.

Higher Ground: I believe that this could offer up a unique Pokemon. All I'm seeing though is a Ghost-type with Rapid Spin and Magic Bounce.

Risky Business: Sounds like a good idea, but definitely screams 'GLASS CANNON ALERT LOLOLOLOLOL" Maybe if there was more obvious diversity. Anyways, it gets ONE of my votes.

Now for the ones I DIDN'T vote for.

Perfect Nemesis: I just don't know about this. I mean, Voodoom didn't really live up to the task it was supposed to (Zapdos instead of Togekiss). And besides, custom-tailoring a Pokemon to beat ONE other Pokemon seems really limiting, like it's the ONLY Pokemon it's good against.

Utility Counter 2: Just seems way too restricting for me, and I fear that such a Pokemon would be dead weight against a team that doesn't have the Pokemon it was meant to counter. I don't know if this was the case with Krillowatt pre-revisions, but that's how I feel.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Scoopapa
DarkSlay
Rediamond

I always like CAPs to have a positive effect on the OU metagame when introduced, and I'm afraid the majority of these concepts would have an overwhelming negative effect. The three for which I have actually voted I believe do not. Scoopapa's concept is essentially a well-disguised version of the hail-abuser concept that's come so close so many times before (to that guy above - sun most definitely does not need a buff, being the strongest weather in BW2 already). It's a great concept, and I'm frankly astonished that it hasn't been done yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)