CaP Website Art Submissions/Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay, I decided to fix up Pyroak a bit (the original's in my first post in the thread, lol), adding a bit of color to certain blank spots. I'm going to completely redo Syclant tomorrow as well.

@ Wyverii
Wow, Wyverii. The effort you put into that is astounding! The crystals on Syclant, The wooden texture on Pyroak, the tattered and beaten bandages on Revenankh... I love them!

Man, with so much great artwork here, it'd be a waste to just pick one set. Maybe we could randomize which sets show up on the site? That'd be great, though to be honest it defeats the purpose of having a contest, lol.

EDIT:
@ Doug
lol, you posted almost exactly the same time I did. Sorry for bumping your comment.

@ darkie
Heh, that's reassuring.

Thank god, the thought that voting for one set means not voting for some others irked me. I'm a great fan of Cartoons! and Wyverii's work here.

That's a really awesome Pyroak. This is gonna be really close when the voting comes in. Honestly, I don't even know who to vote for.

I put this off and now I wish I hadn't, since it's closing in a day.
Also I have like no chance, but hey, I figured I should try.

Here's a slightly cleaned-up, penciled Revenankh

And the pencil sketch... http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7109/cap2pencilsa3.png

Bear in mind that I fail at coloring, and I mainly only draw at school when I'm bored. Should I do the others? I've already started on Syclant...

Aaaaaaaa I'm about to run out of time.... why did I have to save Syclant for last?....

Well I have the pencil sketch,

but I honestly can't do it tonight... I think I can tomorrow though. Will this be closed before this time tomorrow? I mean, I know I likely won't win considering a lot of people in this thread (Cartoons, Cyzir, Wyverri, Atryoki, and someone else that I'm sure I missed) surpass me by far, but I already started submitting so I'd like to get everything in anyway.

PS: If it looks a little rough, it's because I had a dull pencil, erase a lot, and had trouble with it in general. It should hopefully be smoother when I'm done (and I'll definitely try to make it look cleaner than my last two).

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay, here's my final submission, Syclant!

@ CasMat

I really like your Syclant! You took the uncommon route and made it standing on its four claws. I'm sure you can ask Darkie to keep it open for one last day. I really want to see it colored!

Oh and don't worry about the contest too much. All of the art will be on the site regardless, so it's all good.

The ice did not turn out as nice as I would have like, but since Syclant is a shiny and cool looking bug (not to mention extremely complicated), you might not notice.

Seriously Cyzir, this guy is extremely intricate in his design. Also your last Syclant picture is one of your best I think, considering I had to look at most of them to get the anatomy right... (BTW all of them are pretty amazing so that's saying a lot)

here's mine (clicky thumbnail) EDIT: ayeyeye I screwed up the head crystals...

Edit: oh and here's the other two again... If I had time I'd reshade Pyroak...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)