CaP Website Art Submissions/Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to see it finished. The super thick outline on Pyroak really makes it stand out, and itl'll great to see it also applied to Syclant and Rev.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Have you guys seen what Wyverii is cooking up over in her art thread? This stuff is AMAZING! I don't know if she plans to submit it for usage on the website, but I sure as heck would like to use it somewhere.

She also has a Revenankh under construction...

Hmm, it took about an hour for the lineart and I was working on it since I posted the original lineart which was about 4 and a half hours. So everything from research to completion took about 5h 30mins-6h. It wouldn't have taken as long if I didn't bother paying attention to AAing it which gives smooth colors in contrast to the outline.

As for the lack of patterning on the wings. If I recall correctly the female has the eye spots but lacks the patterning while the male's the other way round. The male also has longer fangs. I'm probably one of the few who looked to the sprite submissions for accuracy. Both genders are displayed above. (male version still uses 16 colours. xD Thank you colour conservation.)

Am I too late?

(Deleted the Sketch)

Obviously not finished, just decided to post the sketch. I haven't been on the forums in a while so I didn't notice this thread until now... The finished product would be colored shaded, etc probably similar to this http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j134/casmat/Kelpsee2.png but without the accidental white glow and screwy looking eyes.... but I'm not going to start it if I'm already too late.

BTW Pyroak's feet are difficult to draw.... I redrew one and forgot to redraw the other....

DougJustDoug

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
No, you aren't too late. The awesomeness of that sketch combined with the great coloring skill exhibited in that Kelpsee pic -- I'm very excited to see the results. But, get moving on it. Darkie is still working on the general layout templates, so you have some time to get your pics in. I'm glad you rediscovered the project!

Here it is! I didn't put any fire but I can if you'd like. Haven't done any others yet, but I will get on that tomorrow. Haven't done this in a while, so these should help me get back into the swing of things. (The reason it is BMP and not PNG is because the program I use won't let me make it PNG directly, but I can do it if you'd like one of slightly better quality. I can also make the background transparent if I make it a PNG.... maybe I should just do that tommorow.

Thank's for the compliments, but cartoons' is definitely better than mine... I'm pretty satisfied with my revenankh though, hopefully the fingers don't look too big, and the pose didn't turn out exactly how I wanted but...

PS: I could really use some more references for Syclant, IIRC Cyzir drew a lot of them.

I'm tentatively planning to close this thread on the 19th, at which point I will make a poll. Two weeks should have been more than enough for most artists, but I'll extend it if you guys pressure me to do so.

DougJustDoug

All three of my submissions. Ow, my hand.
Beautiful! Stunning! Fantastic! Spectacular! There are not enough compliments to heap onto this, Wyverii. You are so amazingly talented, it makes me sick! Actually, it makes me proud (because you are on the CAP project), envious (because I wish I could do what you do), happy (because this will look great somewhere on the website) and sick (the good kind, not the bad kind) -- all at the same time.

I absolutely LOVE all the little details and flourishes you put in these. The sculpted shading of the ice on Syclant, the meticulous ragged edges of the bandages on Revenankh, and the beautiful wood grain of Pyroak's armor. I also love even smaller things like the "shiny squiggly lines" on Syclant, and the little crease of the neck on Pyroak. The dedication and commitment to detail in these pieces is what makes them just leap off the screen and grab the viewer.

Great work!

Wow, those are AMAZING Wyverii! You have my vote. The Pyroak looks SO good, Rev is awesome and Syclant is amazing. GOOD JOB!

wyveri... this is ... amazing! You will have my vote... unless someone can possibly do better, which I sincerely doubt is possible. great work!

DougJustDoug

Meh, Cartoons! wins this contest, hands down. Still, I'll give it a shot.

Bleh, my colors are too bright for Revenankh, but it's not too shabby overall. I'll have Syclant done probably tomorrow, but I lack the colors I need for Pyroak, so that'll have to wait until Monday or Tuesday...
EDIT: DERP

Pyroak

Syclant

For some reason, I must have missed your updates that added Pyroak and Syclant. Cyzir, I thinks these drawings are very well done. Definitely the most dynamic pictures in the thread. All three pics are packed with action and energy. I am amazed at what you can do with pen and ink. Your coloring with Copics markers is impressive. Very nice renderings, Cyzir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)