1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

CaP Website Art Submissions/Contest

Discussion in 'Create-A-Pokémon Project' started by A$AP DARKY, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A$AP DARKY

A$AP DARKY mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

[​IMG]

This is the new (working) face of CaP. As many of you may know, I have been commissioned by Doug to create the CaP website. The above image is a mock-up of the site.

What I need from you, the many talented artists that peruse this forum, is, of course, art. Notice in the mock-up that the original art (in the three circles) don't match with each other!

We are trying get a consistent set of images for the main page, so in this competition, all artwork must be submitted as a package: 1 Syclant, originally drawn by CyzirVisheen; 1 Revenankh, originally drawn by KoA; and 1 Pyroak, originally drawn by Elagune. All submissions should be full body images, since some of the art may be used in places other than the 3 bubbles.

Good luck and have fun!
  2. Syprus

Syprus

I am so in this. Good luck to everyone else out there.
  3. Not Scicky

Not Scicky

Doing it :3

I won't be able to scan them for a few days, but I can still get working
    right now >>
  4. X_Presumptuous

X_Presumptuous

I'll try this depending on when the deadline is ( I work really slowly for some reason ). When is it?

Also, about what size should each Pokémon be?
  5. Not Scicky

Not Scicky

Q: Should we draw the entire pokemon, or just a portion, if it's only
    a certain area of it that's going to be shown?
  6. tennisace

tennisace
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Social Media Chief

A. Whole pokemon.
  7. A$AP DARKY

is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

A nice canvas size of about 500-700 pixels across should be sufficient.
  8. CPU

CPU

Pixels, I assume, not inches, as inches would make that a rather astronomical size.
  9. tennisace

tennisace
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Social Media Chief

No I think he means feet. Gogo Sistine Chapel?
  10. A$AP DARKY

Super Moderator

Yeah.. I meant pixels.
  11. tennisace

tennisace
    Social Media Chief

I thought that was sarcasm =X

Good luck to all who enter!
  12. Syprus

Syprus

Hey, does anyone know where I can find a front pose of Syclant? Or a pose where he's facing to the left? I don't know how his body is supposed to look like. I finished Rev so far though.
  13. Syprus

Syprus

Hey, I'm finally finished the CaP pokemon. I didn't colour it yet because I suck at colouring and I don't want to mess it up. I might try it later on and see what happens. Well, here it is:

[​IMG]

Sorry for the extreme larginess. I don't know how to fix it. I tried my best and sorry to those who think it's not good enough. Let me know what you guys think.
  14. Not Scicky

Not Scicky

I love the syclant, not so big on revvy or pyre >>
  15. SoT

SoT Yes please!
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I'm gonna agree with Atyroki
  16. Syprus

Syprus

Well I'm not so fab at drawing. I just wanted to try. I'm colouring them in so I'm gonna submit another version soon.
  17. Syprus

Syprus

Alright. I'm finished colouring them. The colours are all screwed up (especially Pyroak) because I don't have many colours and I don't have the right ones. I'm not even gonna win anyways so what the hell.
    [​IMG]

You're probably laughing at my embarassing picture, but I did my best and I hope you like it. -_- What do you guys think?
  18. Kazio32

Kazio32

Newbie alert:

Well...the color of Syclant sorta ruined it, and the rest.
  19. sanjay120

sanjay120

I think Syclant, not Pyroak, has the worst coloring.
  20. X-Trader

X-Trader

Yeah, I have to agree with sanjay here.
  21. Lightning Storm

Lightning Storm

hey, i'm planning on having a go at this. so far, i've been working in paint. is this a good start? or should i attempt to draw and scan it?

[​IMG]

basic shapes so far. not the coloring, shading, lack of detail etc. just the pose and shape.
  22. Not Scicky

Not Scicky

Agreed, but I think Syclant is drawn the best =/
  23. Syprus

Syprus

I know my colouring and drawing is crap. I just wanted to try... I'm a bit upset that no one complimented me yet. >_>
  24. Beef 2.0

Beef 2.0

Poop it's so lovely I could crap of joy!
  25. Syprus

Syprus

It sure is lovely Beef. It sure is...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)