CAP 12 CAP1 - Part 7 - (Art Poll 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Art Poll is one of the truly defining moments for any CAP. No aspect of a CAP grips us with the realization that we have created a new Pokemon quite the way the art does. This will be an Instant Runoff Vote poll, meaning you may vote for as many submissions as you like, in order of preference. This poll will narrow the field down to three finalists.

Important: Not every submission in the thread is in the poll. The thread has been looked over very carefully to make sure that submissions have not been missed. This means that if your artwork is not in this poll, it is safe to assume that it was illegal by the rules in the OP of the thread. Please DON'T complain about it, in this thread, in other threads, through PM, whatever. It's not our fault that you didn't read the rules very carefully to make sure you conformed to them 100%. This is all of the artwork that will be voted upon, and nobody's art is going to be added in at any point because of complaints, so it's just futile to do so.

Please read this to make sure that your vote is valid. If your vote doesn't follow this format, it will be discounted.

• Do not bold any text other than your votes. The script we use to count the votes looks at bolded text, and ignores all other text. You can still write other non-bolded things in your post, but don't bold them or it will mess up your vote.
  • One artist name per line. Do not list multiple votes on one line.
  • You may vote for as many artists as you want.
  • Spell the artist name exactly as it is spelt below. It is not case sensitive, but please remember that your vote will not count unless it is the artist's name spelled correctly. (e.g. "Cyzir_Visheen" is not CyzirVisheen)

Final Submission

I have no choice but to do this because I don't want to take the risk...

Thanks to everyone for the help. I've deicded to go with her instead of the rabbitcopter because for the love of god I could not find a good colour scheme for it or have the time to draw it's gyro properly.

...there's still a chance, but I'll have to leave that up to the rate things progress.

Yes, I know it looks too human-like and I apologize... I'm still quite torn between the two I did up. She's a kung-fu valkyire that's what she is.

If I come back before the polls are up I'll immediately respond to any feedback and draw up at least a few supporting material posts before it commences.
Main Design:

Supporting Material:

My name for it: Crushute

Flavortext: Crushute weigh 5 tons. They are born wearing Headbands and Parachutes. The Headbands allow them to lower their body weight at will. Coupled with the Parachute, this allows them to soar on updrafts. Normally, they attack by landing on top of things at mach speeds. However, if one of their items is taken, they go berserk and blast everything in sight with powerful energy beams from their eyes. Females are Gray in color.
Main Design:

Supporting Material:

I unfortunatly don't have time to redraw the supporting material, so it differs a little from the final design, but you get the idea.

Best of luck to everyone!
Main Design:

Supporting Material:
This Pokemon is based on a martial arts grandmaster and has a grandfatherly personality to match. Its center section is styled after a Yin-Yang belt and symbolizes balance. Its strategy for dispatching opponents is similar to Judo which uses the momentum of ones opponent to gain the upper hand in combat. However, this panda can also be intimidating as all teachers can be:http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy101/SentretLover/bamboomblastPNG.png?t=1300562401
Pandamon would inhabit cloud forests and tall mountains. These pokemon are known to float through the air suspended only by what appears to be a cloud-like mane of hair and the clouds gathered around their wrists and trailing off their feet. Throughout the year, the color of this pokemon's midriff changes with the season: http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy101/SentretLover/YinYangSeasonsPNG.png?t=1300562690
An example of spring coloration:http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy101/SentretLover/BamboomYinYanggreenPNG-2.png?t=1300562846
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy101/SentretLover/bamboomSketchesPNG.png?t=1300562431

Red/Yellow vs Green/White:
Now see, let me explain my reasoning on the chosen final submission color scheme. This was a very tough decision to make but I am confident in my choice. First, I looked at the two side by side and thought, "How am I to know that this is a fighting pokemon without knowing any of its backstory? Well, assuming that I don't know its backstory, I would first guess that it's flying because of the clouds. Next, I would guess it's green so that must mean it's grass! Well wait, It's a large round mammal, it could be normal too. Goodness knows we don't need another normal/flying pokemon." So I decided that the red/yellow color scheme was better for the pokemon overall. I think it solidly puts it in the realm of fighting rather than grass. Also, the red and yellow coloring brings out the oriental origins of this pokemon!
Also
Final Submission

Welp, I finally found a color scheme with puppetmon I'm happy with. This was one of my quirkiest and charming CaP esigns yet I think and I must say, it was really fun!

Back Story:

There was a young girl in a little village. All of her friends were trainers, and her parents forbade her from having a pokemon of her own. To fill the void in her heart, and to "fit in", she constructed her own puppet, and believed it to be a pokemon. Showing off her creation to the village, she was met with only insults and badgering from the town, they even went so far as to use the puppet as training practice for their own pokemon.

Overcome by shame and heartbroken that she's been scorned by the village, the girl fell into terrible illness. With the last of her life leaving her, she clutched her pokemon and whispered to it "You will always be real to me.. And you were the best friend I've ever had..." After uttering her final sentence, she passed...

The doll, lying motionless in her arms, suddenly was carried by a great updraft and consumed by whirlwinds. The mystifying air brought movement and emotion to the toy, giving it new life. The young child may have perished moments sooner, but she began life anew as her precious doll, now living up to her dreams of it being a real Pokemon.

Determined more than ever to flaunt her status as a pokemon, she sets out doing various acts of mischief while commanding the same whirlwind force that gave her new life.

Yeah, kinda a more depressing retelling of the pinocchio legend, but I like it.

Supporting art:

Original draft
modified arms
Intimidate

I will update this final submission with more supporting art later on after work, if time allows. :) But as of now, I'm happy with him.
Main Design:

I didnt have time to make any supporting material. I hope my Mothai design does well, I really like how it came out!
Final Submission

this is... I'm not exactly sure what it is. I guess it's some kind of pissed off ninja chicken. It's probably looking pissed off to intimidate you. The cloud/hand things are supposed to resemble a scarf. I thought of the clouds as hands because they are somewhat ethereal, and as the pokemon is specially based, would not be able to actually inflict much physical damage to the opponent.

Bohn6CFC: I would thicken the outline, but I'm using a really junky paint copy for macs.
Main design:

So here's my balloon/whoopee cushion sumo wrestler with a slightly more menacing face, a duller color as suggested by KoA, and other minor changes. Thanks to those who commented on it, and to those who may do so in the future! :)

Supporting material:

These pokémon float high above the ground, consuming large amounts of gas, which is their only nourishment. They can move quite fast if needed, by expelling some of those gases like a jet stream through their topknots. While carefree and good-natured, they do love a good fight. When two of these meet, a ritual battle begins. First, an arena is established by delimiting a section of the sky using landmarks (usually mountains) as a reference. Then, both opponents clear their side of the field of clouds by blowing them away. Afterwards, each contender shows off its strength by puffing up to an enormous size and producing loud noises, similar to those of a tuba, hoping to intimidate its adversary. Finally, the real combat begins; it consists on trying to blow the rival away from the limits of the battlefield. To prevent being pushed by their own airstreams, these pokémon must expel air through their mouths and topknots at the same time, which is quite taxing. If no participant is able to get the upper hand, then the loser is the one who runs out of useable gas for its attacks first.
When content, these pokémon produce comical whistles and raspberry sounds, which they often use to startle bird pokémon that pass by.

Finally, an extra picture: A slightly puffed up sumo-mon faces its fellow wrestler and physical counterpart Hariyama. Hmm... I don't think having such broad hands is going to be of help for the latter this time...
http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h433/Antarctros/sumobattle.png

PS - to the other artists in this thread: excellent job as usual, guys. There's hardly a design out there I don't like.
Main Design

Terror Bird Pokemon
Yeah Hand-drawing FTW!
Supporting Material
Informal Name: Gangstornis (Gangster+Gastornis)
Dex entry: This Pokemon hunts smaller Pokemon, however it primarily scavenges food. Its large legs only allow it to make short bursts of speed(I.E. Vacuum wave), It will also attack its prey by swinging its huge head generating ripples in the air around it (I.E. Air Slash). Some times trainers of this Pokemon will use it as a steed for medieval style jousting using long lances and this Pokemon's keen jumping ability to dismount the opponent.
Move usage and other supporting Ideas
Prankster
Dark coloration
Inverted coloration(Full)
Inverted coloration(Head only)
Inverted coloration(Body only)

Motion Studies with Spore™
Stance 1
Stance 2
Stance 3
Stanch 4

Supporting Details

I based this Pokemon off a Sphinx. It uses a mask to hide its frightening appearance from people, as it is docile and not threatening. It removes its mask in battle to intimidate the opponent. It is quite fast despite the bulky appearance and gets on all fours to run, but can stand upright as well.

Supporting Material
Different Pose
Ability/Running/Attack
Main Design

Supporting Material

CAP1 is an energetic and flexible pokemon. Its thick skin that extends from its arms to its tail not only enables it to glide between tall trees but also to fly in short bursts from a jump on the ground. It is territorial; if it is unable to scare away an intruder by suddenly showing its masked face or by making eerie rustles and whistles in the night, it will confront the intruder and attack.

Its heavy-set body and thick fur absorb hits, and since its arms have evolved for flight and not punches, it has adapted to use its special attack for combat. The bright colors on its fur and its mask become more vibrant as it hones its skills.

Supporting Sketches
Main Submission:

Support:
Apologies for the quality of the final submission, I was rushed to get it done.

--Impmon using aura sphere--
--Different Pose--

Impmon here started off being based somewhat on the legendary pixies from the games with a small body and soft body parts to help steer it away from the physical bias that fighting types nearly always go down. The tied up hair and 'sleeve' arms are somewhat reminiscent of styles commonly seen in fighters and the flying type should be the most obvious. What actual animal this represents is left obscure deliberately and can be played with by the spriters if they want to. The design uses 4 base colours with red being sparse enough to warrent less shades than the others which should be comfortable enough for the sprite artists to use while still being diverse and interesting to look at.

The general personality of this mon should ring clearly through the art posted here. The facial features displayed naturally bend it towards a fierce look which should fit intimitate quite well. The proportions and general smugness also contribute to almost dark quality which gives this design its working name, impmon. Hopefully this all ties together into something that feels like a free loving spirit.

--Side on reference--

(note: may not be actual size)

Diary of a Researcher:
12th Sep, Local Legends
In the deepest forests and caves. The highest mountains and lowest seas. In all these remote and dangerous places there are said to be great gatherings of Pokémon, and within the center of these congregations is said to be a rare Pokémon. That's what the locals have been telling me anyway. Usually these myths have some sort of truth to them and I've heard one of these so called spots in quite near here within the forest. The locals assure me that it'll happen sometime this month, they also warned me to never go near these areas while it's happening. I've got to observe this for myself, find out why these Pokémon gather, I'll just have to be careful.

18th Sep, Camping
The forest is unusually quiet. There's no birdsong or detectable activity in the area around my campsite. Are the Pokémon here scared of me or is it always this quiet? Shame I couldn't take my Pokémon with me, I would have liked the extra protection from potential threats but I'm almost sure Pokémon in these areas react aggressively to trainers. It's the only factor I can find between those lost and those who came out unharmed.

20 Sep, Sudden Activity!
The forest is now filled with noise! I can hear Pokémon all around me calling to each other constantly. It seems like they're getting ready for the event. I have to be careful and scout out the area so I can find out where they'll end up. Not disturbing the wildlife is top priority for the sake of observation and for my own protection. I must not let my presence affect this too much or the data may be invalid.

21 Sep, Experiment Canceled
What I have seen cannot be documented outside this diary. It is far too beautiful and delicate a thing to be released to the world. All information leading to this has been removed. There was indeed a large gathering of Pokémon, of all species large and small within a clearing deep in the heart of the forest. It was amazing to see so many species getting along at once. So many chirps, roars and whistles but one voice rang out clear within the crowd. When I tried to get closer I was caught by a passing Tangrowth and taken to the center. There was the most unusual little creature there, with a fierce expression and flowing hair and tail. There was also a vine weaved net of eggs next to it which was being added to by what I assume are the parents.

This little creature was the source of that voice, that haunting voice. With a single call the area fell silent, all eyes on me. It just stood there, staring at me for what felt like hours then suddenly smiled wide. At that moment, I felt like I was given a gift, I was not only spared but allowed to watch. The little Pokémon took the eggs and flew off to the farewell of all there. It took a while to figure out but the little creature was uniting these Pokémon and taking their young to new lands. This was how so many landlocked Pokémon are mysteriously found all over the world even before people set foot there. This was how all these extremely different Pokémon were able to communicate with other and share their combined knowledge across the land. And as it flew away it let off a long call.

It felt like freedom.

Main Design

Here is my flying haremon in its final version.

Supporting Details:
This pokemon is based on a combination of a circus performer from the turn of the century, an aviator from WWI, and of course, an English Hare. Haremon is always challenging itself to break it's own records and outperform, whether physically or mentally, and as a result it has evolved to be extremely resilient. Its personality is upbeat and humorous, though in battle it is confident and over-competitive nature shows through, intimidating foes. Not only are its oversize ears useful for gliding through the air, but for launching powerful special attacks.

Here is a design for a previous coloration that shows Haremon attacking.
The second move is hurricane, the scanner cut the name off.
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii118/mayatraese/Haredevilsketchesmod.png?t=1300653750
Main Entry

Supporting Material
Marooster is based off of a Rooster because of the whole cockfighting thing.
They're advocates of peace, and will only fight when in need, or when a crucial battle will completely throw off the delicate balance of the world.
They're able to sense this of course, as their very souls are infused with the concept of Yin and Yang, and as such, are given immense battle strength when needed, and the ability to know when they're needed.
Marooster are a rarer species of Poke'mon, and only appear once in a while.
Catching glimpse of one, especially when it is in battle, is considered good luck, and will give you the power of a billion men.

I honestly don't have a backstory going for me as everything was going cliche so I just called it there and will submit it as it is.

Extra Goodies
This is the original design that I had and I feel that it would be fun to look at the change that occurred in it's design.

While not a great change, it did change in some other areas dramatically.
Hope you like it!
Main Design

Supporting Materials

This Pokemon is based on a rooster as I thought that would be an interesting choice of species for CAP 1 seeing as though they are used in cockfights. The original design started as a darker rooster with a muscular body, but when the stats were decided to be defensive and specially based, I decided to have thatreflect in the design more. It's body takes the shape of a hurricane. Hurricanes are most powerful around the walls of the eye, which indicates a sturdy body, and the outer bands of the storm, which allow it to fire off powerful special attacks.

It didn't end up how I originally intended it to look and I would have liked to have gotten an earlier start on it so I could have some supporting pictures. The only extra pictures I have are some sketches I did on paper to get familiar with roosters and the step-by-step changes I made to the main design as I drew it in Microsoft Office Word.

Based off of the Mandarin Duck and the Japanese War Fan

Stylish and graceful, they create fans from their own feathers and use them in combat. Even when fighting, they remain so elegant it's almost like they are dancing. Indeed, they treat battles both as performances and as competitions. They will even begin each battle with a gracious bow.

They don't seek confrontation all the time. If threatened, they will try to scare off the intruder with their flashy fans. If worse comes to worse, they can create fierce whirlwinds simply by twirling their fans. Their fans can also aid in defense by deflecting projectiles and blocking hits.

Supporting Material:

Supporting Material

CAP 1, nicknamed The Flying Fail Whale (TFFW), is a more abstract design that isn't based on anything in particular. It, however, draws roots from the Chinese Yin Yang symbol as well as the Kamikaze, or Divine Wind, revered by the Japanese.

The huge wings are meant for soaring high in the air, and their thickness allows TFFW to block most attacks, be them physical or special, with relative ease. They are also essential in helping it pull of special attacks such as air slash or gale. The undersides of the wings are marked with a spiraling eye-like pattern which are used, along with simply immense size, to Intimidate the opponent in the beginning of a battle. Apart from the huge wings, the paddle-like tail can also be used to deflect hits or deal out shattering blows.

TFFW is a rare species of Pokemon which inhabits only the highest mountains in Unova, soaring through the frigid air. They are said to be a sign of power and luck to any who see them, but are feared greatly by man and Pokemon alike. These solitary species stay in the air all their lives, trailing clouds behind them, and almost never land on the ground.

Other Images

Initial Sprite: http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff493/EnergyStorm/CAP1Alt.png
Intimidate: http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff493/EnergyStorm/Intimidate.png
Extra Poses (large image): http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff493/EnergyStorm/CAP1SupportingImages.png
Main Design

Supporting Material

Supporting Art

(Click the thumbnails to see the full images)

1. "Run, Scrafty! Run!"
2. Animated work progression from sketch to final submission
3. "Newsreel Shiny" - A possible retro shiny coloring, with a black-and-white newsreel feel

Artistic Inspiration
For this design, I wanted to stay away from "martial arts birds", since there were several really good ones already done by other artists. I went with a "Red Baron Fighter Plane", based on various classic fighter planes and the mystique of fighter pilots and flying aces. The Flying/Fighting typing is perfectly embodied in the concept of true aerial combat.

I drew heavily on the real life Red Baron's Fokker DR1 tri-plane, but also got some inspiration from the Sopwith tri-plane and a few modern fighter planes as well.

I incorporated several airplane elements into the pokemon's morphology. The eyes play on the concept of an aviator's mask, and a classic white aviator scarf flapping in the breeze. The "propellors" are positioned such that they could be tusks in this pokemon's biology, but would of course spin to give propulsion. The teeth in the front are meant to be reminiscent of the engine in the old prop planes, but still clearly be the mouth of the pokemon. The holes in the wings are for shooting a wide array of ranged attacks.

Backstory
This pokemon design is based on the idea that it is a "Red Baron of the Unova skies". It is the final evolution of a line that has a biplane pre-evo, with normal coloring much like the Sopwith pic linked above. These pokemon fly in big squadrons, but each squadron can have only one fully evolved "Red Baron". Some squadrons have none. The only way a pre-evo "Sopwith" pokemon can evolve into a Red Baron, is to defeat another squadron's Red Baron in aerial combat. I imagine the pokemon would learn the move Aerial Ace, which would be the evolution move for this pokemon (like how Mamoswine evolves on the move Ancientpower, for example). This move signifies that the pokemon is now the ultimate in flying combat -- the move Aerial Ace always hits in combat, and for this evolution it signifies that its aerial dogfighting prowess has advanced to the point where it "can't miss" when targeting an opponent. Thus the pokemon evolves, gets the signature red coloring, and becomes the Red Baron of its own squadron.

Closing Thoughts
Like on almost every CAP, I had a lot of fun making this design. I immersed myself in trying to capture the essence of fighter planes and combat ace pilots. I am very happy with how this design turned out, and I think it fits nicely with most of the competitive elements decided in the other CAP threads. I appreciate all the feedback and support from commenters in this submission thread. Thanks for helping me shape and improve the design along the way. I'm loving MANY other designs posted by other artists, and I'm looking forward to seeing which one we choose!
The main design

Supporting Material
A possible color scheme for the shiny form: Click here
Some reposes: Click here
Some reposes to show this pokemon can be a special sweeper: Click here
The original color scheme: Click here

Explanation of the concept

I started of thinking I really didn't want to make a bird pokemon. It would be way to obvious and really dull.
So I thought further and quickly I came to a vague concept I liked: a fightcloud (the clichée one from the cartoons).
Then I also really wanted to make it be based on a bad-ass cartoon figure and immediatly I thought off the tazmanian devil.
While working on the concept I also added a few references to the greek god hermes, even though it's hardly viewable...​

Extra

I'm happy I made this design, it was alot of fun making it. I think it turned out really nice.
I think I managed to make a pokemon that fits the description of CAP1 really good.
My design look bulky, slow but quit offensif. Even though it would rather be assosiated with a physical sweeper, I think with my reposes I let it show that it to look able to blast some strong aura spheres and air slashes too :)
I also think I don't need a drawing to let see that this pokemon has the ability to intimidate other pokemon.
Also prankster should be a good ability for this design since it's based on cartoons.

Hope you like it :)
Main Design

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Supporting Material: This Cloudy-mon is made of clouds and is all stormy and windy, so on the one hand he's light enough to fly through the air, but on the other hand he can hit with the full power of gale-force winds. The thing around his head is a headband, based off of but not made out of a lightning bolt.

When I originally started thinking of Pokemon I could make while incorporating "momentum", I originally thought of speedy type stuff like in Physics. But then I realized that, in the Metagame, its about getting one-step ahead of your opponent and making sure they can't keep up. And so it's like weather, because the weather is never fully predictable and always seems to be one step ahead of us no matter what we do. We can't plan ahead of the weather; we can only wait it out, hide, or buy a coat.

Cloudy-mon demonstrates intimidate by being very stormy and furious; trying to fight a storm is rather intimidating. He demonstrates prankster because the weather has a habit of changing when you least expect it, as if it's playing a practical joke on you.
Final Submission

Its fur hardens into flat, lightweight quills which act as feathers, offer protection, and fool enemies into thinking its a large bird of prey. It'll circle an area under its protection, scaring off rivals and predators. It's been a popular subject for totem polls in tribal societies, known for its effectiveness in scaring off enemies.

Support:

http://ivnbvn.com/images/fightflying_back.png

A backshot of the hulking figure.

http://ivnbvn.com/images/fightflying2.png
http://ivnbvn.com/images/fightflying.png

Older versions of this concept.
Final Submission

Well, here's Kranetos again. Not too happy with the color scheme, so any different ones would be A-OK.

Design Process

After starting out with a martial arts bird design and receiving lukewarm reception, I thought it would be better to restart from scratch and come up with a better source of inspiration. This led me to the concept of a fighting punching UFO, which was ultimately expressed in this design. The giant hand draws its inspiration from the idea that UFOs abduct people and animals by forcibly grabbing them from the surface of the Earth. The wings on its head are meant to evoke the winged helmet of a Valkyrie. It's got a mean grin cos it's a bad ass.

After receiving comments that it looked a bit too 'prevo-like', I decided to redesign it to look leaner and meaner. It was at this point that I fleshed out the red/yellow color scheme. You can see the design here.

Meanwhile, I had received some input from Rising_Dusk, it was his idea to work clouds into the concept, an idea which I ultimately agreed with. Not only does it discourage the comparisons to a Steel-type, but it also better represented the stat spread, which placed the emphasis on bulk and Special Attack. The decision was also made to give it two hands and make them disembodied a la Haunter, giving it more of a special attacker vibe.

The first iteration of the cloudy UFO design can be seen here.

The second iteration can be seen here. It's a side view and I reworked its wings slightly and gave it smaller eyes.

For the final design, you'll notice that I've made its eyes and wings a compromise between the first and second iteration. I've also made the hands more curvish and the cloud a darker color.

Backstory

It's a bird! It's plane! No...it's this thing...

For centuries, people have reported sightings of unidentified flying objects. The ancients depicted them in tapestries and paintings, while modern day enthusiasts document them in videos and photographs. Sometimes they turn out to be just strange cloud formations or weather balloons, but more often than not, it's this Pokemon.

This Pokemon is a solitary soul. It likes traveling alone across the sky, and is most active during the hours of dusk and dawn. Its cloudy and light composition allows it to move quite freely, and from its palms it can issue a wide variety of techniques. Its disembodied hands can also move quite far from its main body to ambush unsuspecting opponents. It's very competitive, and exudes the aura of a fighter. It will never back down from a challenge, and many weaker Pokemon know to pack their shit up and flee when this Pokemon is in the vicinity.

It adores chocolate pudding and apparently enjoys the film 'Pulp Fiction'.

Closing Comments

This is the first CAP in which I've played a more active role and actually followed the process from beginning to end, and I can honestly say that I've enjoyed it. Making the design and getting feedback and comments from people was a lot of fun, and I'm astounded by the amount of talent on display here. Good luck to all the other entrants, I thank you, and your country thanks you.
Main Design

Supporting Material

Move gallery

It's a hummingbird, a battleaxe (imaginatively), and a tornado. Pose designed to look fighting-type. I have little to say about this design, other than that in some cultures hummingbirds have mystic connotations.

May the best design win.
Main Design

AHAHAHA finally I am done! The clouds were fun to paint. :toast:

I will add some additional stuff here later if I have time.

EDIT: Supporting Material

Old Version:
http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp268/chomzloh/cap1color.jpg
Main Design

Based off of a woodpecker and a jousting knight. Although it seems to be heavily armed at first, it's only moderately sturdy. Its silver feathers are very durable and lightweight while its red feathers seem to exist for decorative purposes. In battle, a well-trained CAP1 will protect its vulnerable lower half with either of its shield-like wings, though it seems to prefer the left one. Safely from behind the protection of its wing, CAP1 will attempt to lance the opponent with its sharp beak. Even though it upholds chivalrous practices, its woodpecker nature gives it an innate guile so it is a bit of a prankster. It seems to have a long-standing rivalry with Escavalier for unknown purposes.

Supporting Material

Sketches in different perspective: http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b70/Gun6/CAP1support.gif

This poll will close in exactly 48 hours. Choose wisely!

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
bugmaniacbob
aragornbird
Paras Hilton
Yilx
Energy Storm
chomzloh
Cartoons!
Fatecrashers
Wyverii

Too much good stuff aaaa

EDIT: oh wait, IRV... "fixed"

Yilx
KoA
Nastyjungle
paintseagull
aragornbird
Cartoons!
Fatecrashers
chomzloh

yeah, yeah, i'm voting for a lot...

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
KoA
SoIheardyoulikeSENTRET
Wyverii
chomzloh
aragornbird

Wyv should've put the aura sphere one up as the main image it looks so much cooler

Although I did state I did not want birds in this CAP aragornbird's warfan duck is so awesome anyways I decided to put it in.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
noobiess
Energy Storm
SoIheardyoulikeSENTRET
aragornbird
Fatecrashers
chomzloh
Paras Hilton
DougJustDoug
KoA
bugmaniacbob
paintseagull
Sparky Young Upstart
Wyverii
Mektar
Tortferngatr
mayatraese
Nastyjungle
Cartoons!
Gun6
Antarctros
/vXv\
Unlimited Breadsticks
andalite191
Yilx
Kevin Garrett
magic.
Doran Dragon

SoIheardyoulikeSENTRET
Nastyjungle
aragornbird
Doran Dragon
DougJustDoug
noobiess
Yilx
Cartoons!
Paras Hilton
Fatecrashers

I realize this is about half of the short list... Many fantastic submissions here.

Fatecrashers
aragornbird
SoIheardyoulikeSENTRET
Cartoons!
Nastyjungle
chomzloh
Paras Hilton
KoA
Wyverii
DougJustDoug
Yilx
Gun6
noobiess
Energy Storm
bugmaniacbob
Doran Dragon
paintseagull
mayatraese
andalite191
Kevin Garrett
Antarctros
Mektar
Unlimited Breadsticks
magic.
/vXv\
Tortferngatr
Sparky Young Upstart

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
mayatraese
chomzloh
Cartoons!
Fatecrashers
Paras Hilton
DougJustDoug
aragornbird

Tough little bundle, good luck to all involved!

Cooky

Banned deucer.
DougJustDoug
Wyverii
Yilx
Cartoons!
chomzloh
SoIheardyoulikeSENTRET
Paras Hilton
aragornbird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)